Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    My memory of OP might be a bit foggy but from what I recall Whitebeard was basically just a standing corpse by the time that part happened.
    Whitebeard is already an old and dying man during the battle that killed him. He had taken a blade to the chest which undoubtedly worsened his condition, but he was still duking it out with Akainu and winning. We aren't dealing with Prime Whitebeard vs Netero here. Whitebeard just doesn't have the feats to do anything in the space between eating attacks that can stop whatever he's trying to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Whitebeard is already an old and dying man during the battle that killed him. He had taken a blade to the chest which undoubtedly worsened his condition, but he was still duking it out with Akainu and winning. We aren't dealing with Prime Whitebeard vs Netero here. Whitebeard just doesn't have the feats to do anything in the space between eating attacks that can stop whatever he's trying to do.
    The Guanyin palm strikes aren't anything that Luffy wasn't throwing out at as early as the CP9 arc, to use an example. And I don't see Whitebeard, old and dying or no, sweating anything pre-timeskip Luffy could do. Zero Hand or the Rose might be able to ruin Whitebeard's day, but they'll ruin Netero's as well.

So yeah, as far as I can see either the fight starts with Whitebeard ignoring Guanyin's ineffectual smacks before quake-blasting the entire battlefield or Netero goes right for the kill and they both die, or are at least too screwed up to keep fighting.

Lobo

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Not to mention even while aged and dying Whitebeard was able to take some horrific levels of damage and still keep chugging.

Netero is...kind of a sadistic dick compared to Whitebeard.

Ugh... nope, buddy. Netero ISN'T a "sAdIsTiC dIcK" & even if that was the case, Whitebeard was, kinda friends with, Big Mon, Kaido AND Shiki, soooooo. No. He wouldn't mind Netero, AT ALL.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Ugh... nope, buddy. Netero ISN'T a "sAdIsTiC dIcK" & even if that was the case, Whitebeard was, kinda friends with, Big Mon, Kaido AND Shiki, soooooo. No. He wouldn't mind Netero, AT ALL.
    i wouldn't go that far. true, they were all on the same crew but it was mostly an alliance of convenience. according to sengoku, they were more likely to be killed by each other, let alone any other outside force.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i wouldn't go that far. true, they were all on the same crew but it was mostly an alliance of convenience. according to sengoku, they were more likely to be killed by each other, let alone any other outside force.
    Yeah, we don't know the details about that crew and why they stuck together. It's probably because Rocks was quite the charismatic personality, being a D. and all.