Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

He'll never get a job. Especially if the employer is loyal to the Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I was thinking about that too. It may be an issue to find a job with such a silly ass name on his resume.
    Most definitely. The first thing is that there's no way anyone sees that name on a resume or hears it while you're on the job and takes the person whose name it is seriously or thinks of them as professional. Not saying he should have had a boring, generic name like John or Robert or anything, but parents really should think about stuff like that when they name their children. The CHILDREN are the ones who are left to deal with that stupid **** their entire lives, not the parents who gave them the stupid name in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My friends named their kid Batman.

Batman [Last Name Redacted] ... because they let their oldest child (age 4 at the time) name their newest son.

He's 8 now and in counseling and on several IEPs. Smart kids but gets bullied so much it has caused psychological harm.

He's asked for a name change and they told him it would upset his now 12 year-old brother. Older Bro told them to let him change his name and asked, "Who let's a child name another child!?"

I'm not super good friends with them anymore because of how they treat their children but their kids live at our house pretty much.

That aside, did anybody's nerd sense tingle with the Star Wars/Star Trek names merged into one? They have to be kept separate!
    All I can say is, WOW............

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    All I can say is, WOW............
    I have two older sisters, i don't even dare to imagine what my name would be if my parents have made the so very reasonable choice to let them harpies pick a name for me when they were little lol.

I have two older sisters, i don't even dare to imagine what my name would be if my parents have made the so very reasonable choice to let them harpies pick a name for me when they were little lol.
    Hello Rainbow Dash or Cheer Bear.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    His full name is Obi-Wan Tibberius Magic Smith. I don't feel I'm doxxing anyone by revealing their last name is Smith. I'm like the only person that dosn't think it's a big deal. My sis was all like, "Your imposing your media on the kid". I mean the very act of naming your child imposes your culture on them. That is inherit in the naming processes. My moms friend named her kid Reno, after a character from the T.V. show Renegade and the only way ANYONE remembers that show is from a bit they did on MST3K.
    My father was a pilot at one time and wanted to name me Cesna, after an airplane. Luckily for me, my mother vetoed that. They instead named me Powerboy. So I have sympathy for the kid. Names that parents think are cute or meaningful are just going to bring ridicule to a person for their whole life.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hello Rainbow Dash or Cheer Bear.
    Cheer Bear is definitely a possibility lol but i bet it would have been something with Popples. Remember that ****?

Was quite the popular toy back then. (for girls at least)

Cheer Bear is definitely a possibility lol but i bet it would have been something with Popples. Remember that ****?

Don't really remember them . . . but then again, I had graduated college a few years before these came on the scene.

I remember those.

My wife got one out for our kids to play with.

I'm sorry Mr. Popples.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

An ex-girlfriend of mine named her daughter after Maria Carey. Honestly naming your kid after a celebrity annoys me more than naming your kid after a fictional character. I feel that if you're going to name your kid after a real person it should be a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    An ex-girlfriend of mine named her daughter after Maria Carey. Honestly naming your kid after a celebrity annoys me more than naming your kid after a fictional character. I feel that if you're going to name your kid after a real person it should be a family member.
    At least Mariah and Carey are both given names. The kid could use either one and just not mention the other one. Poor little Obi-wan won't have that option.

Just a few days ago I asked our four year old what we should call her future baby sister.

Her first picks, "Sparkle", "Blueberry Doctor", and "Princess Mononoke".

I had to convince her that family names like "Keira" or names of writers my wife and I admire like "Zora", or "Nella" would all be better.

If it were a boy she doesn't care, "Langston" or "Ellison" are both "OK, I guess".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Blueberry doctor? Is that from a cartoon or something?

Blueberry doctor? Is that from a cartoon or something?
    It's a semi-original character. It's a blue haired Lollaloopsy Doll she has that she named Blueberry Doctor. She walks around with her and substitutes Blueberry Doctor for Strawberry Shortcake while she sings the SSC Theme Song.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's a semi-original character. It's a blue haired Lollaloopsy Doll she has that she named Blueberry Doctor. She walks around with her and substitutes Blueberry Doctor for Strawberry Shortcake while she sings the SSC Theme Song.
    Haha, awesome.