DC Comics Historian

Default "Captain Marveling" the Fantastic Four =Tthe best way to go for the teams cred.

Okay, so hear me out.

We have had two mediocre attempts at bringing The Fantastic Four to the big screen. Two attempts that included an origin for them. Now in this new MCU version of the characters I am on the fence on whether or not to include an origin. However, IF you do I think they should do what they are doing with Captain Marvel and have it set in the PAST of the MCU and perhaps tie Captain Marvel and the Fantastic Four together as a sort of cause and effect.

As we know the Skrulls are going to be the main villain in Captain Marvel and after that film ends let's say younger Nick Fury has an idea to get the Richards and the Storms and Grimm together to figure out some of the technology of the Skrulls and whatnot and that is what sends them into space and hence puts them on the road to getting their powers either on a related or unrelated circumstance. I think creating the Fantastic Four out of the aftermath of Captain Marvel and either making them sleeper Agents of Shield or perhaps in their film after fighting Doom or maybe meeting the Silver Surfer and Galactus on another planet they somehow get marooned and have to make their way back to earth could be awesome, it keeps the team before all the rest of the heroes timewise, and instantly builds up their cred and respect in the same way Captain America and I am assuming Captain Marvel's will be.

If not who has any better ideas? Let's discuss. :-)

As there’s been two really enjoyable Incredibles movies, without any “high concept” other than heroes are banned, and family and friends have to rehabilitate themselves via fighting some villains...I wonder if FF would work better as a light hearted animation, rather than “serious live action”.

I’d go that way. Certainly wouldn’t go yet again for an origin story. And I’d adjust characters a bit to make it more fun...make Reed an outright boffin, Sue and Ben making all the practical decisions between them, and Johnny being a wee bit obsessed with looking good.

Speaking of Incredibles, that's set in the 1960s. What about having the F4 be time displaced? They get their powers in the 1961 (a reference to when the comic launched) during the Cold War, but then discover a wormhole. It leads to the Negative Zone, where, unlike in the comics, time flows differently. When they emerge from the wormhole it's been only a few weeks for them... but it's been 60 years on Earth (it would be the early 2020s, which would be our present day by the time such a movie would come out). That explains why they've been absent from everything that's happened in the MCU so far, while not copying the origin from the previous films.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman