Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Why was Jane Foster replaced by Sif?

Hey, does anyone know why in Thor #136 Jane Foster was written out of the title as Thor's love interest & replaced by Sif?

Thanks

Is that when Donald Blake was retconned out of the picture? Because if so, it was probably part of the same thing. I.e. going in a direction that focused on Thor as a mythological figure instead of as Marvel's Shazam.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Is that when Donald Blake was retconned out of the picture? Because if so, it was probably part of the same thing. I.e. going in a direction that focused on Thor as a mythological figure instead of as Marvel's Shazam.
    Don Blake was rectonned out of the picture in Thor #340, so I don't believe that was the reason why. Anyone else know?

BANNED

I always thought Jane was kinda meh compared to Sif.

Astonishing Member

Maybe itīs because the stories of Marvel tend to be original in all their aspects (including the romantic interest of the main character)
    Like Betty Brant was Peter Parker first girlfriend,but in the stories this changed quickly.

Well Sif was Thor's love interest way before Jane was even born. Also there was more of a push to use Norse mythology more.