Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jay and silent bob. Was the only one there on a Friday night showing! A guy walked in and said "someone is in here!" in shock. Told me they won't play it due to only one guy is in the showing and gave me my money back! Saw it later on video and it was awful! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Makes me wonder, do they start movies if there is no one in the room? (small hope of late arrivals?)
    I believe they do. I was told at one time that now everything is digital, it's automated. They might turn it off after the fact, but I believe the movies still play.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

The Raid 2 for me. I'd already seen it with my best friend and felt like watching it again on a Wednesday afternoon right after work.

Astonishing Member

Back when I was at my old job, I used to get weekdays off relatively frequently. So, I would often go to the movies on, like, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. Used to happen all the time.

Invincible Member

I never been the only person, but there's been times when I was like one of 6 or 7 people. I can't remember the exact films but I'm sure they were matinees for indie films. It'd be me a couple of senior couple and maybe a couple of college age friends.

Mighty Member

Thanks for the replies!

It's often mid-week, afternoon sessions with NO big famous actors in them by the looks of things.

I watched Jigsaw by myself one afternoon early last November. It was a small town theatre in Australia and it was on at the same time as the famous Melbourne cup horse race (similar to the Kentucky darby) "that stops a nation". I don't follow the ponies sooo...

One reviewer watched an Oz film called Mr Accident starring Yahoo Serious (remember him?) in a theatre by himself . 'I can honestly say that 100% of the audience hated it!"
    Mr. Yahoo hasn't made a movie since!

Makes me wonder, do they start movies if there is no one in the room? (small hope of late arrivals?)
    I asked that very question to a friend who used to work in a cinema and she said they do, supposedly for legal reasons.

Incredible Member

two pretty darn close ones.

1. freddy vs jason. five people in a theatre, so me and my best friend decided to mst3k it. despite this, we were able to explain the plot to our cowatchers.

2. Machete kills. just the two of us and honestly, I loved the fact they told us exactly where they were heading before it happened.

BANNED

Depends on the theatre. For large theatres/multiplexes yes. Smaller single screens no, they send the staff home. If only a few show up, they may ask of they would come back another time and give them a movie pass or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Depends on the theatre. For large theatres/multiplexes yes. Smaller single screens no, they send the staff home. If only a few show up, they may ask of they would come back another time and give them a movie pass or something.
    Yea I live in a small town for 2 years. Went there for work and yea they had a one screen theater and only had one showing a night. If atleast 15 people didnt show up they would canel the showing. It was awful quality anyway. Saw origins of wolverine there and everyone looked like oompa loompas. Iono how projectors work but they were messing some ratio up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I live in a small town for 2 years. Went there for work and yea they had a one screen theater and only had one showing a night. If atleast 15 people didnt show up they would canel the showing. It was awful quality anyway. Saw origins of wolverine there and everyone looked like oompa loompas. Iono how projectors work but they were messing some ratio up.
    Movies are filmed in one of two aspect ratios (1.85:1 and 2.39:1). The lens on the projector has to be adjusted accordingly. Sounds like your projectionist didn't pull the lever the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Movies are filmed in one of two aspect ratios (1.85:1 and 2.39:1). The lens on the projector has to be adjusted accordingly. Sounds like your projectionist didn't pull the lever the right direction.
    Lol also in the film the theaters get if the lens isnt adjusted right can u see things that arent supposed to be seen like a boom Mike? Or is all of that not caught on film anyway. Cause I saw couples retreat there aswell and I swear I saw a Boom Mike in the top right corners of a scene. Seem like thats something that can't happen so I was probaly mistaken and it was just an artifact. But i swear the angle it was coming in and placement I thought it was a boom mike

Once, but I don't recall which movie I saw. (I remember all the.movies I've seen in theatres, I just don't remember which one this was specifically)
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The Raid 2 for me. I'd already seen it with my best friend and felt like watching it again on a Wednesday afternoon right after work.
    Same movie for me!

There was literally one showing in town. 10pm on like a thursday or something. I had an alert set up on some website to tell me if it came to town.

Ran to the theater, was the only person there.

I was standing up doing ome of the fight scenes lol. It was awesome
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not me but my dad and I went to a movie theater in North Michigan whilst we were on holiday there in 2008, we'd been to see The Dark Knight a couple of days before and the cinema was packed (big surprise). We went again and each wanted to see different films, I went to see The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor which has about a quarter full at best, but my dad saw the new X-Files film at the time (since he's a big X-Files fella). The only one in there was him for the whole performance, which given what I heard about that film doesn't surprise me.