Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Ever been the ONLY PERSON in the theatre watching a movie?

I saw teen Titans Go to the Movies sunday night at 6.40pm. It was a fun film with lotsa Dc references but I was the only person watching it! I guess a lotta parents and kids were done for the day by then.

Ever had this happen to you? Was the film good or awful?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I saw teen Titans Go to the Movies sunday night at 6.40pm. It was a fun film with lotsa Dc references but I was the only person watching it! I guess a lotta parents and kids were done for the day by then.

Ever had this happen to you? Was the film good or awful?
    Can't recall a time when there wasn't at least a couple dozen in the theater. And I usually go on a weekday, in the afternoon to get the cheaper ticket and when it will hopefully be less crowded.

Astonishing Member

Years ago i went to watch Innocent Blood.A vampires movie of the 90s.
    Don´t remember much of the movie,but i don´t think the movie was awful.It was all right from what i remember.
    Anyways when i went to see it in the Theaters,i was the only person watching the movie.I was lucky that i was used to watch horror movies,otherwise watching a scary movie alone in a theater could had been scary.I remember they were repeating the publicity before waiting for more peole to show up.And it took quite a while to start the trailers.I did not mind that the Theater had nobody else,because that way i kept on changing seats and i watched the movie from many diferent seats.

Phantom Menace, opening weekend (Believe it or not). There was a super-early showing at a brand new theater which had an outrageous amount of showtimes for the movie. I was literally the only person watching. They had armrests you could adjust, I adjusted the armrests back so I could lie down on the chairs and watch as if I was at home lying in bed.

Hmm, never actually. The closest of that i have ever been was Bad Boys, it was late, hellishly hot (even at night) and it was a quite small theater. There were, i don't know, 2 or 3 people. (plus me and a friend)

BANNED

The Adventures of Tin Tin. Saw it on Super Bowl Sunday. Was pretty bad and for once I regretted not watching the Super Bowl.

Yeah, but only happened twice!

Retired

It's hard to recall for sure, but I think when I went to see the first X-MEN back in the day, I was the only one in the small theatre. It was in the afternoon, in the middle of the week. I used to get nervous if I thought I was going to be the only one in the movie theatre, back when human beings operated the projectors. Because it made me feel guilty that some poor, hard working stiff was going to operate this beast for no one but me. I'd be thinking about that projectionist and what he must be thinking in his booth, seeing this one twerp in the theatre. So once a few other people showed up, I'd be relieved. Nowadays it's all done with computers, so I guess it doesn't matter--but it's still embarassing to be in a near empty theatre.

When I was a teen in the 90's I use to live next to a second run 1 dollar theater meaning films got there after leaving other theaters. So saw lots of empty matinées but the evening and night shows were always packed.

I never go alone. But me and my girl saw rampage and we was the only ones there. It was s couple weeks into the release though

I went to see Game Night after it had been out several weeks and I was alone. The movie was meh.

Astonishing Member

Jem and the Holograms. None of my friend circle appreciated them as much as I did so I went alone and I was the only one in the theater. (On opening weekend)

It wasn't what I expected but it certainly wasn't bad enough to be that huge of a box office bust.

I bet this happens a lot more with MoviePass (Or when it was around). I see a lot more solo movie-goers than I've ever seen.

I saw It in an empty theater. I saw it at 11:00am in the morning on a Wednesday about 4-5 weeks after it came out in a theater that usually only retirees go to (though I don't know why, cheapest movie ticket in town). Kind of a perfect storm of events. I will say seeing it alone was super creepy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

When I went and saw Antman and the Wasp I was the only one there. It was about 4 weeks into its run and I went to a late show because I wanted to see it before it left the theater, and I was the only one there.

Makes me wonder, do they start movies if there is no one in the room? (small hope of late arrivals?)