Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol also in the film the theaters get if the lens isnt adjusted right can u see things that arent supposed to be seen like a boom Mike? Or is all of that not caught on film anyway. Cause I saw couples retreat there aswell and I swear I saw a Boom Mike in the top right corners of a scene. Seem like thats something that can't happen so I was probaly mistaken and it was just an artifact. But i swear the angle it was coming in and placement I thought it was a boom mike
    no if you see the boom at any aspect ratio, it's a cinematography error.

You see it all the time in the Batman TV series

Retired

There's something they call the mask which is a frame that goes over the film. If the film was projected without the mask, then you saw the boom mike. But the movie was made with the idea in mind that the boom would not appear because of the mask.

I know this from having done a lot of fillm courses back in the day and having friends who were projectionists. If I went up to visit them in the booth when they were getting the film ready, they'd project the movie without the mask and you could see the boom in a lot of shots.

There were some movies where even with the mask you saw the boom--but only usually in cheap movies. I imagine the reason you see the boom in old movies now is because the transfer to digital didn't take into account the mask. Or maybe because they wanted a different aspect ratio, the boom wasn't cut out of the framing.

Same goes for TV--the television shows were made with the idea in mind that a lot of the frame would be cut out when it appeared on the old style TV sets. So they didn't have to worry about the boom in the upper left or upper right of the screen because those parts would not appear on a normal TV set. Yet now you see the boom on modern screens.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    no if you see the boom at any aspect ratio, it's a cinematography error.

You see it all the time in the Batman TV series
    Ok made me wonder if they film all that crap too but it gets cropped out. Probally just an artifact theater had. Bugs may soemthing climbed across the lens

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I believe they do. I was told at one time that now everything is digital, it's automated. They might turn it off after the fact, but I believe the movies still play.
    I worked in a movie theater (it was a shitty job btw) so yeah, they start movies even if there's nobody in the room.

Fantastic Member

I though I was going to be the only person in a noonish screening of White Boy Rick yesterday, but a couple walked in at the last minute. Whew. That was close

I was the only one in the theater for Orphan a bunch of years ago. Other than a few more close calls, I think that was the only time.

depends. When there used to be a discount/second-run theater complex in my metro area, I've been one of less than five folks watching a movie.

Me and a friend saw Battlefield Earth in an almost empty theater- I think there were two other groups of 2 scattered around the theater. But I've never been the sole viewer in a theater.

I was the only guy watching Zombieland in a cinema with at least 500 seats. There was a storm warning and people were urged to stay home, but for me it was literally a 5 minute walk from and to the subway station.

Almost wished, one of the stuff would creep up on me. I surely would have.

Yep, this was how I enjoyed Justice League (not a good film, but I had fun watching it). Even if I caught it relatively late in its run, that obviously didn't bode well for the film's revenue.

Wild Bill starring Jeff Bridges. I was the only one in the theatre.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Iron Man 3. Watched it many weeks after its release.

I want to say yes...but I can't recall what movie it was (or if it was just 2 or 3 of us in there, and I'm misremembering).

The closest to being alone that I can remember is when I went to see Devil in a Blue Dress, one of Denzel's best movies IMO...and Don Cheadle's breakout role. There were 6 of us at most in the theatre.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I went to go see the Shape of Water after the Oscar nominations were announced. They brought it back for a short run and I think it was January? Anyway, it was a miserably freezing day and I was a bit bored so I went to see this. I think there were 2 or 3 others in the theater. There were very few cars period in the parking lot and this is a multiplex theater with about a dozen screens and an Imax. I was glad I went.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I saw teen Titans Go to the Movies sunday night at 6.40pm. It was a fun film with lotsa Dc references but I was the only person watching it! I guess a lotta parents and kids were done for the day by then.

Ever had this happen to you? Was the film good or awful?
    I saw Disney's "The Jungle Book" when I was a little kid with my parents. I saw it again when I was in college but it was the latest showing on a Sunday night so nobody was taking little kids to see it at that hour and I was the only one there but it was still a fun movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Managed to catch Amazing Spider-Man on it's last days.

I kinda like it. It feels like it's our own personal theater.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/