Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gold's annual outsold the regular issues

http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssa...8/2018-08.html

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Why are you surprised? People hate what Guggenheim is doing to kitty, the nostalgia gimik has been played out, and more importantly people wanted and expected the annual to out kitty not um(how did it explained why she left Peter at the altar again).

I'm surprised at extermantions and dead ends numbers though they seem pretty low. Specally dead end i guess dragging his return out for over a year and trying to tie it with everyting killed intrest.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Hey now... these numbers aren't 'real' and if we read them we have no idea what we're doing. understanding the comic industry is a mystical mysterious thing.

Im surprised it sold that well. The cover art wasn't all that great to me. Rack appeal is supposed to help move units. Something Marvel has forgotten with all the bargain-barrel artist they've been using lately.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised it sold that well when nothing happened. Gold annual #1 was pretty good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised it sold that well when nothing happened. Gold annual #1 was pretty good.
    Maybe because it's "annual"

Aw, I'm glad. Seanan McGuire needs to get more work and pronto. Especially after listening to her interview with Xavier Files, it's clear she didn't like that her issue was being advertised as Kitty's first kiss and she never wanted Kitty's first kiss with a girl to be one that she couldn't tell the X-Men.

She's the new Spider-Gwen writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

More X-work.

Man, those numbers are dreadful. The team books can't even make it above the 40k line.

I reckon Exiles will be cancelled with issue #11.

I imagine Seanan McGuire's name brought some of her fans to the book.

Eh. I might risk it with Spider-Gwen but Gold Annual 2 didn't leave a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Man, those numbers are dreadful. The team books can't even make it above the 40k line.
    Yeah, the numbers are not great, but it's not hugely surprising given Marvel's approach. They've sidelined the X-Books for years, and allowed them to become a confusing mess that are unfriendly to new readers and alienating to old. To give one example... what is the core X-Book at the moment? What is the central title of the line that is setting the direction? You can give those answers for most franchises, but not X-Men. That's a problem.

Also, so many people's favorite characters have just vanished for depressingly long periods of time. I'm a Gambit fan. Until this year, Marvel did not have a whole lot for Gambit fans. I understand that they have a huge cast, and I understand some of the obscure characters I like might not always be featured, but, c'mon, Gambit? Really? Add to that adult Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc, who have equally large fanbases. Even Rogue was absent in the X-Books, although she got time in Avengers.

I have confidence that Disassembled and the Uncanny relaunch will help to turn the line around for Marvel, though. It seems as if they're working to clarify the line.

Where is Domino?

Also surprised that X-Termination #1 sold only 55k.

Domino 5 is #105 with 23,056 copies