Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sales figures for August

Here they are:
    https://www.cbr.com/sales-chart-augu...tastic-four/2/

Infinity Wars did better than Infinity Countdown, and did place higher than regular Batman issues. It is also a better read.
    Two issues of Justice League sold over 75,000 copies, and Avengers only did 58,925. Avengers did beat Extermination 1 and every other mutant title. Avengers also was ahead of Star Wars.
    Extermination and Deadpool were the only mutant titles to sell more than 40,000 copies.
    Fantastic Four sold great. Let us see how it holds up in future issues.

Immortal Hulk sales are not decreasing.
    That's new for an Ewing comics
    I'm really happy for him, but personnaly, I feel it like a monkey paw wish.
    "Ewing's talent will be rewarded.
    But
    It will be on a Old Hulk book."

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Immortal Hulk sales are not decreasing.
    That's new for an Ewing comics
    I'm really happy for him, but personnaly, I feel it like a monkey paw wish.
    "Ewing's talent will be rewarded.
    But
    It will be on a Old Hulk book."
    Why is THAT a monkey's paw wish?? : [ Many of us Hulk-fans are THRILLED that we finally have such a great writer as Ewing, and that the book is doing well not just with us fans, but critically as well! = )

Too bad it's not selling all that great though... but, at least it's steady.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Why is THAT a monkey's paw wish?? : [ Many of us Hulk-fans are THRILLED that we finally have such a great writer as Ewing, and that the book is doing well not just with us fans, but critically as well! = )

Too bad it's not selling all that great though... but, at least it's steady.
    for the hulk that's fairly decent

It's certainly encouraging

Astonishing Member

Any idea what the * next to a value means?

I don't see it on the legend

It means they were released before August.

I prefer Comichron, which lists the release dates.
    http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssa...8/2018-08.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It means they were released before August.

I prefer Comichron, which lists the release dates.
    http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssa...8/2018-08.html
    I see

Thanks a lot

Those x23 numbers are low

I expected more

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Count me in that Justice League 75,000. This would be the first time ever that I bought a DC book, but no Marvel books.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Can't believe how low the orders for Runaways are! Can't see that or Exiles lasting much longer. In fact, I think Exiles will end with issue #11

Uh, look at Moon Girl! That's not even able to hit five figures in direct market now, and it keeps going. Seriously, those two books' survival will depend on their trade and digital sales. For that reason I don't think Exiles will end at 11 - both will get at least three trades (we're not under Alonso any more and Cebulski's not as trigger happy, he even revived Unstoppable Wasp and Iceman, which will both now get their third trade).

I think we can safely say Quicksilver's mini bombed though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why hasn’t the current batch of relaunches still not attracted a strong following? I know ASM fizzled out by eradicating the split personalities, Hulk is as attractive as its 1962 launch, Sentry doesn’t have a fan base, Avengers fizzled out by explaining the Million Year Avengers too late, and who cares about the Celestials? Captain America should have garnered more interest, but that died quickly as well. Black Panther in space seems to have lost any following.

I think Marvel need Heroes Return, to their previous 616 universe, not this made up ANAD Reed and the kids put together. Get rid of the hangover from Secret Empire, and make Cap great again. Nothing in this relaunch has attracted me back to get a pull list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why hasn’t the current batch of relaunches still not attracted a strong following? I know ASM fizzled out by eradicating the split personalities, Hulk is as attractive as its 1962 launch, Sentry doesn’t have a fan base, Avengers fizzled out by explaining the Million Year Avengers too late, and who cares about the Celestials? Captain America should have garnered more interest, but that died quickly as well. Black Panther in space seems to have lost any following.
    What the fu*k are you even talking about?

ASM is doing great, with both issues in the Top Ten, doing numbers on par or better than Slott was doing on a regular basis.

Immortal Hulk is a monster hit, doing better than any Hulk solo has done in ages.

Avengers is doing great, far outperforming the previous Waid run.

Captain America is also a huge hit, sitting comfortably in the Top 20. So it hasn't, on any level, "died quickly."

And Black Panther hasn't "lost any following." It's still going strong, maintaining solid numbers and residing in the Top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I think Marvel need Heroes Return, to their previous 616 universe, not this made up ANAD Reed and the kids put together.
    Whether Reed and the kids put it together, whether the Beyonder put it together, whether Forbush Man put it together - IT'S ALL MADE UP.

It was made up before, it's made up now, and - SPOILER ALERT!!! - IT WILL ALWAYS BE MADE UP. The fact that Franklin and Molecule Man put it together does not make it any less "real" than any other incarnation of the MU.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-19-2018 at 04:18 AM.