Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick thoughts.

I would say something snarky about Venom mania, but then I remember that I bought that Venom: Lethal Protector series back in the day.

Nice to see Thor doing well, just imagine how much better the title would be doing if it had a good artist and a writer that knew the difference between Thor and Hercules imho.

Kind of shocked that Teen Titans is higher than Champions.

I forgot that Bendis was on Superman.

I wish I could say I was shocked about Quicksilver, but Marvel Comics is just bad at speedsters. It's just something they are never going to be good at.

Justice League deserves all the praise it's getting.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-17-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nice to see the FF take the top spot. Hopefully they get some good forward momentum going .

It's kind of funny that Iron Man is selling the least of the Avengers Trinity considering he was Marvel's former "flagship" hero .

Immortal Hulk might end up being Al Ewing's most successful book with solid sales like that. I doubt he'd appreciate me saying this, but I guess this is what's possible when you put him on more mainstream property.

I hope WCA can keep the solid sales going. As far as other Kelly Thompson books, was hoping for better numbers for Mr. and Mrs. X .
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Nice to see Thor doing well, just imagine how much better the title would be doing if it had a good artist and a writer that knew the difference between Thor and Hercules imho.
    I know Jane's run was often lauded for selling better then when OG!Thor was headlining the book, so it's nice to see the book still be a strong seller with him back as the lead (even if I more and more just do not care for Aaron's take on Thor).
    I think it helps that the Teen Titans have a bigger name recognition and history then the Champions do, from decades of comic history to long-running cartoons.

The Champions have a few popular characters but I don't think that quite matches the brand recognition of the Titans yet.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Poor Exiles. It's heading in the Generation X direction if these estimates are close. Too bad...And the events of recent chapters may not help. lol

Sales went back up between Weapon X #21 and #22, but the numbers were dropping steadily since chapter 16. It's questionable if the series is ending this Dec. According to Fred Van Lente, something about it is ending soon, but he wouldn't say what. Either the book is ending. His run on the book is ending. Or both he and Pak are leaving with a new team taking over the series.

Young's Deadpool seems to be doing well. I suppose cashing in on the film has perks. Sadly, I lose interest when we got clown Deadpool at the wheel. Give back serious, tragic, occasional quipping Deadpool and I'm good.

Ultimate Member

I am not. No matter how bad Teen Titans is-SOMEONE will buy it just to cry about how bad it is online. Some store will order too many copies for the heck of it.
    Champions features a roster of some of the HATED by certain sets of folks-who will NEVER give it a shot or who will throw a fit about a story like they did with issue 24. That turned out to be harmless.

It's kind of funny that Iron Man is selling the least of the Avengers Trinity considering he was Marvel's former "flagship" hero
    I guess pandering to a vocal online group doesn't work after all.

Immortal Hulk might end up being Al Ewing's most successful book with solid sales like that. I doubt he'd appreciate me saying this, but I guess this is what's possible when you put him on more mainstream property.
    This time last month the trade for that on Amazon was in the 9000. It's in the top 200 and even volume 2 has interest. He must be doing something right to get folks pre ordering early.

33K for Carol is not bad. Also remember this mini is not about comic book store-it's about putting out trades for her movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    33k? That looks fine to me. All-New Wolverine was doing similar numbers.
    Fool me, I was seeing the residual sales for issue 1 and didn't realise that's what it was

Yeah 33k is good stuff

Nice to see Sentry's sales hovering at 20k. That's a probably a decent number for him right now given the damage done to the character previously and the doubt about whether or not he can sustain an ongoing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sad to see Runaways so low on the charts. It is a good title and the creative team of Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka is a good match

Ultimate Member

Sales look pretty good generally.

X-23 and Life of Captain Marvel are actually doing better than i expected (although Life of Captain Marvel is very good, much better than the last on-going).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Nice to see Sentry's sales hovering at 20k. That's a probably a decent number for him right now given the damage done to the character previously and the doubt about whether or not he can sustain an ongoing.
    I agree, that's actually better than I expected and a gives me hope the character can be built up into what I have hoped he could be

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I agree, that's actually better than I expected and a gives me hope the character can be built up into what I have hoped he could be
    I think it does a bit to shield it from cancellation for the time being but we won't know for sure until the next rolls of solicits. I'd say we'd have heard something by now, though.

I'd wager 20k is about where they would expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am not. No matter how bad Teen Titans is-SOMEONE will buy it just to cry about how bad it is online. Some store will order too many copies for the heck of it.
    Champions features a roster of some of the HATED by certain sets of folks-who will NEVER give it a shot or who will throw a fit about a story like they did with issue 24. That turned out to be harmless.
    You'll know the Champions have made it when fans will continue to pick up the book even when it's bad .
    I guess pandering to a vocal online group doesn't work after all.
    Uh...I'm not sure what you're getting at here? I was making a joke about how Marvel handled Iron Man as a "Flagship" hero a while back, but I think you're connecting it to the online hate for Riri ?

Why hasn’t the current batch of relaunches still not attracted a strong following? I know ASM fizzled out by eradicating the split personalities, Hulk is as attractive as its 1962 launch, Sentry doesn’t have a fan base, Avengers fizzled out by explaining the Million Year Avengers too late, and who cares about the Celestials? Captain America should have garnered more interest, but that died quickly as well. Black Panther in space seems to have lost any following.

I think Marvel need Heroes Return, to their previous 616 universe, not this made up ANAD Reed and the kids put together. Get rid of the hangover from Secret Empire, and make Cap great again. Nothing in this relaunch has attracted me back to get a pull list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why hasn’t the current batch of relaunches still not attracted a strong following? I know ASM fizzled out by eradicating the split personalities, Hulk is as attractive as its 1962 launch, Sentry doesn’t have a fan base, Avengers fizzled out by explaining the Million Year Avengers too late, and who cares about the Celestials? Captain America should have garnered more interest, but that died quickly as well. Black Panther in space seems to have lost any following.
    What the fu*k are you even talking about?

ASM is doing great, with both issues in the Top Ten, doing numbers on par or better than Slott was doing on a regular basis.

Immortal Hulk is a monster hit, doing better than any Hulk solo has done in ages.

Avengers is doing great, far outperforming the previous Waid run.

Captain America is also a huge hit, sitting comfortably in the Top 20. So it hasn't, on any level, "died quickly."

And Black Panther hasn't "lost any following." It's still going strong, maintaining solid numbers and residing in the Top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I think Marvel need Heroes Return, to their previous 616 universe, not this made up ANAD Reed and the kids put together.
    Whether Reed and the kids put it together, whether the Beyonder put it together, whether Forbush Man put it together - IT'S ALL MADE UP.

It was made up before, it's made up now, and - SPOILER ALERT!!! - IT WILL ALWAYS BE MADE UP. The fact that Franklin and Molecule Man put it together does not make it any less "real" than any other incarnation of the MU.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-19-2018 at 04:18 AM.