Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I've been... acquiring illicit backups of my CX purchases for a while now, so this is great.

Did I miss something, or are ONI and Boom! not participating? That would be quite a let down from a couple of my favorite publishers.
    Last edited by eye of all; 07-24-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

BANNED

I've been thinking that his personally doesn't change my habits that much. And I don't think it'll be a change for most of ComiXology's customer base. I like the cloud, I like reading their books in the app with all the bells and whistles. And I never made much of a habit of reading PDF or CBZ comics before. Plus, I have a 16 GB iPad so I don't have room to carry around a lot of high definition comics. The one thing is that it's reassuring that if the service ever goes down I'll hopefully have a day or two to hoard all my purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Question - does anyone know of any way to get the guided narrative experience for Dark Horse? I'm spoiled to it.

Or at least can they suggest the best way to view and read digital DarkHorse books on an IPad?
    The only legal ways are the Dark Horse app or, much clunkier, through a web browser. Dark Horse doesn't do DRM-free.

BANNED

I don't see the advantage. What can DRM free do that regular Comixology doesn't?

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I don't see the advantage. What can DRM free do that regular Comixology doesn't?
    Local back-ups (for those who afraid of ComiXology going out of business, however unlikely it may be), and the ability to read your comics in the reader program or app of your choice, and not being tied to ComiXolgy's propitiatory readers. Which is fine, but not perfect. Basically it gives the buyer more control, which is always a good thing.

I personally like to use my CBR files to assemble my own collected editions at the ends of arcs. Something you absolutely can't do with DRM-locked content.

And this is absolutely stupendous news. I'd switched to buying direct form Image and other (pay) avenues when DRM-Free was avalible. But the convenience of ComiXology (and its more regular sales) make this the best news all day. Now if only Marvel, DC, and Archie can get on the DRM-Free train, then we'll be cooking with gas!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Actually own what I'm paying for.

Great news. I hope this pushes the big guys to follow suit at some point.

xylamic

Love this! Comic Seer for everything.

Whizzkid

Great news I've been a naughty boy and downloaded backups (only of copies I've bought though) but this might no longer be needed. C'mon DC & Marvel you know it makes sense.

Awesome news.. Now all of the "you don't own anything" naysayers can shut their mouths.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Awesome news.. Now all of the "you don't own anything" naysayers can shut their mouths.
    Not until every company gets on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Question - does anyone know of any way to get the guided narrative experience for Dark Horse? I'm spoiled to it.

Or at least can they suggest the best way to view and read digital DarkHorse books on an IPad?
    Doesn't their dark horse app have panel view?