Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is it Jean on the cover? She's the first one to come to mind but in a way it doesn't feel like her.
    Yeah, Jordan confirmed on Twitter it is Jean 😍

The holiday-themed issue sounds really cute!

I didn't know who Charlamagne was and I did read up on him a little...and I'm not ok with his attitude. He didn't outright say something transphobic on his show, but had a guest who did say something absolutely horrible. He brought up the topic knowing he would get a controversial reaction, and then pretty much agreed with the guest. I don't understand why Marvel would give him a job when they've been making efforts to have some kind of LGBT representation in their comics. I don't want to focus on this too much because it looks like each contributor is only doing one page of the comic but I'm kind of hoping they'll drop him from the project.

Lol Charlemagne. The guy Eminem just destroyed a few times on his latest album!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Lol Charlemagne. The guy Eminem just destroyed a few times on his latest album!
    Ah. The guy who called Tyler, the Creator (gay guy) a homophobic slur. Really won that one, didn't he.

BANNED

You know the industry is in a dark place when Charlamagne is writing an X-Men book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You know the industry is in a dark place when Charlamagne is writing an X-Men book.
    I really don't get it. Did they not do any sort of check on him at all? A quick google search shows at least three no-doubt reasons to stay far away. Especially to bring him in to write the X Men, of all things.

Unless his story is going to be told from the POV of the Purifiers or some hate group... In that case it makes sense, he has plenty of life experience to draw on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I really don't get it. Did they not do any sort of check on him at all? A quick google search shows at least three no-doubt reasons to stay far away. Especially to bring him in to write the X Men, of all things.

Unless his story is going to be told from the POV of the Purifiers or some hate group... In that case it makes sense, he has plenty of life experience to draw on.
    Seriously. Isn't he the sort of person who is usually the bad guy in the X-books?

They need to drop him, and replace him with, say, Christina Strain. Why is Strain not writing anything for this?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Claremont gives us a Kitty Hanukkah story to match his Kitty’s Christmas tale.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Seriously. Isn't he the sort of person who is usually the bad guy in the X-books?

They need to drop him, and replace him with, say, Christina Strain. Why is Strain not writing anything for this?
    Maybe she is. They list some writers, then end the list by saying "and many more" or something like that. So seems those aren't all the writers involved, though Idk how they're gonna work THAT many different writers for one book.

But if she is, she may get Jubilee's story & bring back her relationship with Chamber. lol As they struggle to find gifts for each other on their first Xmas as a couple.

Is this not 24 one page stories followed by a 6 day story? Pass sounds like a complete waste of money unless it's microscopic

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Maybe she is. They list some writers, then end the list by saying "and many more" or something like that. So seems those aren't all the writers involved, though Idk how they're gonna work THAT many different writers for one book.

But if she is, she may get Jubilee's story & bring back her relationship with Chamber. lol As they struggle to find gifts for each other on their first Xmas as a couple.
    They are each just doing one page, except for someone doing six (please be Claremont). Honestly not a bad tactic, we'll get a lot of different chacters featured, I would imagine.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    They are each just doing one page, except for someone doing six (please be Claremont). Honestly not a bad tactic, we'll get a lot of different chacters featured, I would imagine.
    This will definitely prove interesting.

But I like stuff like this. It sounds like a more non-serious story with the characters, FOR ONCE, getting to enjoy themselves with "end of mutant-kind" events.

Definitely a book I can look forward too, though I hope it's worth the wait.

Charlemagne aside, it's nice to see Marvel doing a holiday special like this, especially for the X-Men .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is it Jean on the cover? She's the first one to come to mind but in a way it doesn't feel like her.
    She looks more like Elsa Bloodstone...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Jean Grae
    What the? Is that a pen name? Someone seems to have named themselves in Ms Grey's honour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also Gambit location in that cover is completely bizzare. It's like he was just inserted there because he's married to Rogue and is being completely ignored.