Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That's the real Santa Claus on the cover.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    How Chris Sims even gets there?X-Men 92 were terrible.
    The mini wasn't great but I thought the series was fun for what it was
    Make Good Art

Holy crap we were just talking about this in the Gambit and Rogue thread like last week.

I was gonna ask what they're wearing, but I don't have seasons where I live, so I'm just like, "Ah. Layers." Lol. This looks cute, though.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

How Chris Sims even gets there?X-Men 92 were terrible.

Glad to see Bunn and KT there.
    Awww, you didn't like it Purp? I thought it was fun. I mean it's totally satirical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Who is Charlamagne Tha God? Ha.
    Radio presenter

I will precisely excise the Charlamagne page with a razor, send it back to Marvel, and then enjoy the rest of the book. The comics industry does not need more toxic masculinity.

The rest of the line-up looks awesome, and the cover is adorable. I love holiday anthologies in general. I like the advent calendar concept of it too.

ETA: . . . Though that would be as effective as alt-righters smashing their Keurigs and burning their Nikes, while still giving the companies money. It's sad, but I may seriously have to think about not buying this one. I can't give money to a rapist who finds transphobic violence hilarious in good conscience.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-17-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Awww, you didn't like it Purp? I thought it was fun. I mean it's totally satirical.
    It was a bad parody with bad art of smth that I loved as a kid. Second volume was even worse. Writer clearly hates half of X-Men team.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-18-2018 at 12:02 AM.

It was a bad parody with bad art of smth that I loved as a kid. Second volume was even worth. Writer clearly hates half of X-Men team.
    See and I love XTAS but still found '92 really fun. I think the art was intentionally kind of terrible. But then I kind of love satire and I'm sure it's not for everyone. Like I love both Star Wars and Spaceballs, but I know a guy who is deeply offended by Spaceballs for mocking Star Wars. Sims did an interview on the BoTA podcast that was pretty good though and he definitely doesn't hate the X-Men or the 90's, though perhaps his mode of appreciation doesn't land for everyone.

The last holiday x-men special i read was when they taught X-23 and Hellion the meaning of Christmas....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Y'all need to relax, Charlemagne isn't a rapist (A site used an out of context clip from his podcast as clickbait) or transphobic
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Y'all need to relax, Charlemagne isn't a rapist (A site used an out of context clip from his podcast as clickbait) or transphobic
    I don't know if he is either of those things. But his whole persona and attitude is incompatible with a large portion of X Men fans imo. The matchup is so poor and I really don't understand the thinking behind it.

On the positive side...Jean Grae!!!! Man that takes me back. "Attack of the Attacking Things" didn't leave my CD player for a whole summer. I bet she is going to kill it.

Charlemagne being on the book is a huge surprise. Like'em or hate'em, he's mentioned more than once he digs marvel comics so maybe he has something to bring to the table. I feel like we're at a very low point in terms of x title's right now sooo, damn, why not.

I love this. It's been a while since Marvel did a major holiday special, let alone one that was X-men themed. This will definitely get me in the holiday spirit.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nice to see Bunn's name there. Hopefully editorial won't crap on him again with whatever small story he gets to do this time.

I would naturally assume Bunn would do the Magneto story, but not so sure with Claremont there. Only guessing one of them would get Mags.

We all know KT has Romy. And Jean if that pic is to be believed.

Though liked stated, I am thinking this is one giant book, given it's gotta have 25 stories by over 10 writers, I don't think they're gonna get that accomplished in just 19-25 pages. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-17-2018 at 03:11 PM.