Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This looks cute! I love a good X-Men Christmas issue. Looking forward to it.

I don't like the cover. The colors are strange, and the foreground characters look very weird(not to mention the background ones who must have been scribbled in five seconds).

There have been many X-Mas images over the years, and this one simply does not rise to the occasion.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Holy crap we were just talking about this in the Gambit and Rogue thread like last week.
    Right? Ah man, this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was gonna ask what they're wearing, but I don't have seasons where I live, so I'm just like, "Ah. Layers." Lol. This looks cute, though.
    *looks at location* ah, yes. I feel you.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I will precisely excise the Charlamagne page with a razor, send it back to Marvel, and then enjoy the rest of the book. The comics industry does not need more toxic masculinity.

The rest of the line-up looks awesome, and the cover is adorable. I love holiday anthologies in general. I like the advent calendar concept of it too.

ETA: . . . Though that would be as effective as alt-righters smashing their Keurigs and burning their Nikes, while still giving the companies money. It's sad, but I may seriously have to think about not buying this one. I can't give money to a rapist who finds transphobic violence hilarious in good conscience.
    This part made me lol. I do not know who Charlamagne is but he sounds like a sexist ass-hat. Wait, rapist? WTH?
    Okay, time to google this sh*tbag.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the? Is that a pen name? Someone seems to have named themselves in Ms Grey's honour.
    Yeah, it's a stage name for Tsidi Ibrahim who's a hip hop artist and it is a reference to Jean. The first issue of Jean Grey's solo series had a variant cover dedicated to her. Think she's been drawn into Black Panther and Deadpool comics before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also Gambit location in that cover is completely bizzare. It's like he was just inserted there because he's married to Rogue and is being completely ignored.
    I did kind of think it odd that G&R aren't like sitting together all cute like a newly wed couple probably would but covers are usually hit or miss.

The bow is nice at least
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I did kind of think it odd that G&R aren't like sitting together all cute like a newly wed couple probably would but covers are usually hit or miss.

The bow is nice at least
    They could not even sit at a bigger table. Also those cheesy smiles must be homage to Greg Land

That is an amazing Jean on the cover.

I kind of like the cover, though I agree Gambit's position is a bit odd. Still . . .

The more I think about it the more they could have just stuck a few pages at the end of each of the X-Men December issues rather then a one shot with 24 one page "stories". Like they did when they gave all the writers character history summaries by 25 different writers

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-17-2018 at 05:44 PM.

The more I think about it the more they could have just stuck a few pages at the end of each of the X-Men December issues rather then a one shot with 24 one page "stories". Like they did when they gave all the writers character history summaries by 25 different writers

Yeah, but you don't make any extra money that way!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ah, like the Marvel Legacy primers! When and where are these from?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love that cover! Love Christmas themes

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I kind of like the cover, though I agree Gambit's position is a bit odd. Still . . .
    It works having Gambit to the side because look at Jean and Rogue, they’ve got Jean in a solid red snowsuit and Rogue in her green winter outfit. You know, Christmas colors (hell, check out the holly bits also around the cover). I’m assuming this is why Gambit’s in mostly black, to not **** up the Christmas theme with his pink/purple/wtf color combos colorists just looooove to put him in.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    It works having Gambit to the side because look at Jean and Rogue, they’ve got Jean in a solid red snowsuit and Rogue in her green winter outfit. You know, Christmas colors (hell, check out the holly bits also around the cover). I’m assuming this is why Gambit’s in mostly black, to not **** up the Christmas theme with his pink/purple/wtf color combos colorists just looooove to put him in.
    Yeah, really overall this cover really works for me! And truthfully I love Gambit in all black anyway. A break from magenta is needed. And I just noticed the lightning bolt from Storm in the snowball fight outside. This one is going on my pull for sure.

I don't remember if this sort of Holiday special format has been done before? I'm really loving the concept.

Mighty Member

Why is Jean hair THAT orange?

Me not like it.