Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default December 2018 Superman Solicitations

No Action Comics

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #5
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and ART THIBERT
    cover by DAN MORA
    The Super Sons need a break!! After the space adventures of the past few issues, Jon (Superboy) and Damian (Robin) take what they think is a peaceful diversion to what winds up being a miracle-machine planet (as tends to happen in deep space). There, they get a look at their potential future selves, including a surprising preview of parenthood!
    ON SALE 12.05.18
    $3.99 US | 5 of 12 | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

SUPERGIRL #25
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, JILL THOMPSON, BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    It’s a super-sized issue of SUPERGIRL!
    Supergirl and Krypto go back to the “scene of the crime”—the ruins of Krypton! With Z’ndr hitchhiking, Supergirl is not only there to find clues on who the killers of Krypton are, but to pay her respects to her dead family and friends for the first time since she left the planet. But a mysterious caretaker whose duty is to protect Krypton’s remnants at all costs attacks and won’t let Kara through! As if that weren’t enough, the Kryptonian powerhouse and her super-powered pooch are stricken with radiation poisoning from the dead planet and must also fight their inner demons!
    This anniversary issue also includes two backup stories! First, witness the thoughts and fears of Krypto as he is affected by the radiation poisoning from the wreckage of Krypton. Then, learn more about our new hitchhiker, Z’ndr Khol, as he scavenges a booby-trapped ruin in a remote corner of the galaxy in an off-the- wall space adventure!
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

SUPERMAN #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    It’s the moment you never thought you’d see—Superman must team with General Zod to defeat Rogol Zaar or risk banishment for all three in the cold prison of the Phantom Zone forever. Whatever you do, do not skip to the last page—the end of this issue changes the lives of Superman and his family forever as the Unity Saga continues!
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    https://www.newsarama.com/41866-dc-c...citations.html

Why no Action Comics? The last thing we need is delays.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It would be odd for Action to be delayed given there are at least 2 artist on the book yet Superman with its single Reis is still coming out on time. And even then books like Doomsday Clock still got solicited, right?

Maybe it's spoiler related. Maybe after Action comes out next week they'll give us a solicit?

Everything else sounds fantastic. I'm still sort of waiting for Super Sons to actually do something of note other than be back though, but each solicit after the first 2 or 3 sound like one of the best comics I'm gonna read, so I'm good on waiting. Been digging Supergirl, and I'm a sucker for a Krypto POV story. Superman issue 6 is supposed to be the issue where Jon gets back, and "the end of this issue changes the lives of Superman and his family forever" sound pretty exciting, ominous, and interesting.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I hope that's it, though it would seem odd to completely omit a solicit for spoilers. They work around that stuff all the time. The Supergirl stuff sounds great, and this looks like the issue of Superman where spoilers:
    Jon returns aged up
    end of spoilers.

I wouldn't go as far as to say its confirmed, but just to be safe I'll tag it unless told there's enough question to it where it would still count as speculation. Which there just might be, a sketch isn't necessarily the end all be all. But as of now I do believe its what will happen.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-17-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    and this looks like the Superman issue where spoilers:
    Jon returns aged up
    end of spoilers.
    Or a future version of himself
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Master Hero Vladimir

https://www.newsarama.com/41866-dc-c...citations.html

I love Ivan Reis. I wish he could draw Superman forever. A man can dream.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 09-17-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

Ahh, I see Action and some other titles missing are likely because Wednesday of that week is the 26th, day after Christmas.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ahh, I see Action and some other titles missing are likely because Wednesday of that week is the 26th, day after Christmas.
    Was just about to post that. The DC catalogs preview says action will ship January 2nd, so it'll be included in next month's solicits. Hopefully we'll get 2 issues that month.

Nice to see Tomasi following up on those teases from Black Dawn and Supersons of Tomorrow.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Something I forgot to mention earlier, but that symbol looks like the symbol on the New 52 suit.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Um, I guess I'm not bugged by the DC publishing line when I get a minimum of Superman. One book that month is below minimum, so maybe I'll have a Marvel based winter break.

Spectacular Member

The solicit says their life will change forever.

Sacred Knight got exactly why.
    It's not about separation or not loving each other anymore.

Spectacular Member

Y'know.... I hate the fact that Superman needs the Justice League, Kara, Zod, the Marines, The Navy Seals to defeat Rogol Zaar.
    Is he really that much more powerful???

Well... I thought they created Doomsday to be the perfect power match to Clark... and that was fine by me.

But this Rogol Zaar... I gave Bendis the benefit of the doubt, but he is disappointing me.

Pretty much like what Tom King is doing with Batman.

Well, at least Bruce got his old costume back...

BANNED

Look for the remaining solicits in DC PREVIEWS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    The solicit says their life will change forever.

Sacred Knight got exactly why.
    It's not about separation or not loving each other anymore.
    It definitely sound like adult Jon is a long-term change, and that I'm not exactly ecstatic about. It's a fast track to getting Jon a more high-stakes ongoing of his own, but it kills dead the Supersons partnership and we'll only have one last go at it with the maxi-series going on.

Hey, here's a thought, what if the plan is to give Jon the Superman title? And Clark and Lois Action Comics?