Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I could actually warm-up more to Jon if the Super-sons stopped. I really didn't like how Damian was belittled in the first series, hence why I haven't even read the new one. I really don't think that the two of them works so well together.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It definitely sound like adult Jon is a long-term change, and that I'm not exactly ecstatic about. It's a fast track to getting Jon a more high-stakes ongoing of his own, but it kills dead the Supersons partnership and we'll only have one last go at it with the maxi-series going on.

Hey, here's a thought, what if the plan is to give Jon the Superman title? And Clark and Lois Action Comics?
    That with kill the Jon Kent Character. Remember the brouhaha the son being stronger than the dad caused. Yeah that is a bad idea.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think I could actually warm-up more to Jon if the Super-sons stopped. I really didn't like how Damian was belittled in the first series, hence why I haven't even read the new one. I really don't think that the two of them works so well together.
    Kinda same. I enjoyed the Supersons title but Damian's treatment made be not care for Jon as much as i might have if they were both treated fairly.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It definitely sound like adult Jon is a long-term change, and that I'm not exactly ecstatic about.
    I'm out of the loop. Has it been somehow confirmed that there will be an age up, or is this just theory based on what little we know and the solicits? I'm genuinely asking.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm out of the loop. Has it been somehow confirmed that there will be an age up, or is this just theory based on what little we know and the solicits? I'm genuinely asking.
    Bendis spoiled it ahead of time by showing us a sketch from one of his artists of an adult Jon shortly after his MOS mini-series was in production and he was promoting it on the DC Instagram
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-18-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think rather than Jon taking over Superman, Bendis may bring him to the legion of super heroes it seems more and more likely he'll write.

Plus, Superman is currently in the Unity saga which is a year long storyline, there is too many sub plots with Clark specifically for Jon to take over the book right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think rather than Jon taking over Superman, Bendis may bring him to the legion of super heroes it seems more and more likely he'll write.

Plus, Superman is currently in the Unity saga which is a year long storyline.
    They can always wait until the Saga is over

Bendis spoiled it ahead of time by showing us a sketch from one of his artists of an adult Jon shortly after his MOS mini-series was in production and he was promoting it on the DC Instagram
    Oh. The way you all were talking, I was under the impression there was new, solid evidence. I mean, nothing has said that it won't be that, so yeah, sure.

In any case, I'm down to let Bendis tell his story in full. If say Jon were to be aged up somehow, I'd be interested to see what the idea behind it is and what the plan for it is. Plus, I'm probably most curious on what Bendis means when he says "by the end of the first storyline everyone will see how much I love and care about this family"/his whole "they'll be apologizing" thing. That confidence is intriguing to me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Supergirl. I want to see Krypton ruins. Someone protecting Krypton rests? Another Eradicator that survived to this explosion?

Superman.. I saw Lois S in that Superman family&Zod family/allies reunion and is different to this image.. Is not Lois, her hair is a little longer than the character in this image and Lois appeared recently..

Seems that in December I will read supersons discussions, I am interested in Damian parenthood, I thought he would have more problems than his father(Who was raped by Talia) to have childs..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-19-2018 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is not Lois
    It is Lois.

It is Lois.
    Are you sure? One crazy event will give her powers here(like with Jimmy) and for this that cover?

OK. We saw that his son is not older now.. Maybe you are right..

SUPERMAN #6
    —the end of this issue changes the lives of Superman and his family forever as the Unity Saga continues!
    FOREVER.. hahahaha. Nothing is forever.. In a lot of cases.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-19-2018 at 03:13 AM.

It’s Lois. She’s wearing the Lois Superwoman costume. She might not literally be there but it’s definitely her.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Plus, Superman is currently in the Unity saga which is a year long storyline, there is too many sub plots with Clark specifically for Jon to take over the book right now.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Legion eventually regardless what age he is at the time.

They try and actually give him one of the Super titles and my fist goes through a wall. But that's highly unlikely. The idea has failed before. Be it trying to make Action an anthology book again way back when, to replacing Superman outright in both during the NK fiasco, it doesn't pan out. They're Kal-El's books.

Watch me end up really liking him though in his supposed teen form, ha.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-19-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Legion eventually regardless what age he is at the time.

They try and actually give him one of the Super titles and my fist goes through a wall. But that's highly unlikely. The idea has failed before. Be it trying to make Action an anthology book again way back when, to replacing Superman outright in both during the NK fiasco, it doesn't pan out. They're Kal-El's books.

Watch me end up really liking him though in his supposed teen form, ha.
    It'd be cool if it were a Shazam-like deal where he's still a boy in the mind but posseses an adult body, he can strike up a fresh partnership with the big red cheese ahead of the movie rather than be with Damien, who's becoming significantly edgier, and you want to retain that Superman boyscout narm charm.

It'd be cool if it were a Shazam-like deal where he's still a boy in the mind but posseses an adult body, he can strike up a fresh partnership with the big red cheese ahead of the movie rather than be with Damien, who's becoming significantly edgier, and you want to retain that Superman boyscout narm charm.
    This is more or less what I imagine will happen if his age up does come to pass. And to be honest, I've wanted to see Jon act as the bridge to the Shazam family for a while. Notable interactions for myself would be him and Freddy, or him Freddy and Billy, or him and Darla.

Since the big mission statement behind Bendis' shake up of the family is to accentuate how odd and fantastic they are, and how they make their rules, then I think it stands to reason that they'd play off the Shazam family who operates similarly but with magic.