Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So good. For a minute there a though Barda was done for. I couldn’t handle that right now.

Always Rakzo

I guess that we found how this story fits into current continuity.

Once again, a chapter that plays with typical couple relationships mixed with the impossible and terrifying, the story doesn't take itself seriously until the point that it actually does and I believe it works really well.

Gerads is a master storyteller as well and elevates everything to another level. Great read.

Good issue. Gotta wonder what that ending was implying though.

BANNED

Wait I thought metaron was dead and darks darkside was a child or is he in the new justice league in space book?

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post

And then he made Oberon lunch:

(I have no point here, other than I'm glad Tom King has read Giffen/DeMatteis JLI.)

(EDIT: How do you get your uploaded pictures to show up normal size and not shrunken size?)
    Between the Darkseid lunches and Granny's cookies, I'm kind of leaning toward Apokalips here.

As to the full size images, just paste in the address of the picture and prefix it with a bracketed IMG and end it with a bracketed /IMG

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Wait I thought metaron was dead and darks darkside was a child or is he in the new justice league in space book?
    The way this ties in to the normal continuity is ambiguous right now. Wait till the last issue before you start to apply outside canon to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The way this ties in to the normal continuity is ambiguous right now. Wait till the last issue before you start to apply outside canon to it.
    You'd think that the deaths of Highfather and others as well as the revolving door of New genesis' management, it would show up somewhere else. These events are too big to sit in a single maxi-series. I'm expecting a lot of resets. The question lies with what gets reset and what actually happened.

To be fair, if we apply Morrison's concept of the Platonic shadows of the New Gods, this can be 100% true and still not apply to Earth-0 in the same way a Batman story would. New Gods are bigger than a singular truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I guess that we found how this story fits into current continuity.
    What? How so?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    To be fair, if we apply Morrison's concept of the Platonic shadows of the New Gods, this can be 100% true and still not apply to Earth-0 in the same way a Batman story would. New Gods are bigger than a singular truth.
    Indeed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Really? Did you enjoy the read?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So good. For a minute there a though Barda was done for. I couldn’t handle that right now.
    I was absolutely sure. I had to go back and reread it and understand. I still don't know how she got up, but the suspense was unbelievable.

I am still trying to figure out why Scott Free is on the right (driving from the wrong side) side of the car when he is driving (see the scenes when Barda is in labor at the hosiptal). That was not a mistake but a plot point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I was absolutely sure. I had to go back and reread it and understand. I still don't know how she got up, but the suspense was unbelievable.

I am still trying to figure out why Scott Free is on the right (driving from the wrong side) side of the car when he is driving (see the scenes when Barda is in labor at the hosiptal). That was not a mistake but a plot point.
    It is the little details in the book that breath life to it and make it great. The panels with the baby Jacob slowly crawling across the stone floor to the right was tremendous and an important part of the story.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    What? How so?
    It's not entirely clear how King is planning on sorting out the NuGods of the New 52 Era with the more Kirby-accurate versions appearing in his series, but that splash page near the end certainly acknowledges that something hinky is going on with the New Gods and the final issue will be dealing with it.

I can't think of anyone who actually prefers the New 52 versions to what King & Gerads have been presenting, so it's very likely we'll have something closer to the original Fourth World characters back in the main DCU by next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's not entirely clear how King is planning on sorting out the NuGods of the New 52 Era with the more Kirby-accurate versions appearing in his series, but that splash page near the end certainly acknowledges that something hinky is going on with the New Gods and the final issue will be dealing with it.

I can't think of anyone who actually prefers the New 52 versions to what King & Gerads have been presenting, so it's very likely we'll have something closer to the original Fourth World characters back in the main DCU by next issue.
    The truth is, it is not worth destroying a good book over continuity issues. At the end of this, something has to give. Too many weird breadcrumbs tossed around the book and the meta-story has yet to have made it clear.