Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'd be happy to try to clear up any plot problems you may have with All-Star Superman if you'd like. Morrison's stories tend to be a little dense to be completely understood at first. I didn't fully understand what he was doing with Final Crisis until recently and it totally changed my view on that story for the better.
    Superman made mention of a malfuncting Robot and I didn't understand how he came back after is discussion with Jor-el, and how he escaped from Bizzaro world is a complete puzzle to me... that whole book was a puzzle. The conntection to Sampsons conversation was a bit vage as well. And there were other parts when the story just seemed to hit a jump in the record... like something was missing. And it is still a question if he will return or not. What is he doing? Actually, the cartoon was a cleaner and easier to understand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I didn't fully understand what he was doing with Final Crisis until recently and it totally changed my view on that story for the better.
    FWIW, I don't do any crisis books anymore. If they do a hard recent with a super cross over, I just generally stop buying titles for a few years. The New 52 and Marvel Sectret Wars, that really pushed me over the edge.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-26-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Superman made mention of a malfuncting Robot and I didn't understand how he came back after is discussion with Jor-el, and how he escaped from Bizzaro world is a complete puzzle to me... that whole book was a puzzle. The conntection to Sampsons conversation was a bit vage as well. And there were other parts when the story just seemed to hit a jump in the record... like something was missing. And it is still a question if he will return or not. What is he doing? Actually, the cartoon was a cleaner and easier to understand.
    Superman is in the the sun at the end, fixing it after its corruption by Solaris. This ties in to DC One Million, wherein he returns in the 853rd Century.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Just in case anyone hasn't read All-Star Superman, I will start an all spoiler thread for you and anyone else who's interested on the Superman boards. Sound good?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Superman is in the the sun at the end, fixing it after its corruption by Solaris. This ties in to DC One Million, wherein he returns in the 853rd Century.
    that don't help Lois.

BANNED

Actually, as I was rereading All-Star Superman and Mister Miracle, I was thinking that this is how they should do the new FF. In fact, the Ff should be turned into a Vertigo like book where that characters get a chance to develope in real time, and we can watch the slow aging and retirement of the original FF and the development of the next generations. It seems the best way to go forward with the FF at this poinnt, since the Marvel Universe itself is so messed up from its repeated radical remakes.

Incredible Member

Didn't Metron appear in one of the earlier books? Scott and Barda were sleeping and he appeared saying something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Didn't Metron appear in one of the earlier books? Scott and Barda were sleeping and he appeared saying something.
    I think so, to deliver war news. Or was that lightray?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think so, to deliver war news. Or was that lightray?
    I can't remember either.

This series is definitely getting an immediate re-read as soon as the final issue drops.