Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Catwoman got a new book with a talented new creator from something shocking in Batman, but Nightwing gets derailed with Scott Lobdell brought in as a pitch hitter. This just doesn’t seem right to me. It’s all just very frustrating.

I guess its easier to me to believe that this mess is due to poor management behind the character and book, then it is them just not caring about a double shipped book thats hitting 50 issues in today's market. Either situation sucks though. So, ya. Exciting times for Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason teaming up with Kate? That's different. Don't think the two ever really interacted much.
    Three or four times. More concerning to me is that Lobdell apparently didn't get the memo that Kate is back on good terms with Bruce right now and was never exiled from the city anyway.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Don't give solicits too much thought, anyways. It could be that they're trying to mislead, or a few other things.

Y'know, I might just try BATMAN ANNUAL #3 since it's an Alfred-centric story and it's NOT being written by King (or any of the other recent Bat-writers I'm not overly fond of).

I'm only intrigued by what's going on with Selina and the Batman and Penguin dynamic might be good, with his betrayal of Bane.

Extraordinary Member

was Titans cancelled?

No, but I doubt it’s long for this world with out Nightwing. Not that I’m complaining about that...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    was Titans cancelled?
    No, it just becomes a monthly book again.

Thoughts:

- Snyder just can't let Batman go, can he ?

- With the way that solicit is written, I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia Barrera ends up joining the Outsiders.

- Still really curious to see how King writes Penguin.

- Tom Taylor still seems to walk the fine line of writing for DC and Marvel without comitting one way or another, which I can respect. I've not the biggest fan of his Batman work per se, since I think his Bruce is sometimes overly aggressive and jerkish, but he does a good job with Alfred.

- Selina fighting crime bosses makes me wonder if we'll ever see her contend with the Falcone's and Calabreses again...

- Looks like 'Tec is on-point for being about detective stories again. I wonder if they're ever going to age up Leslie.

- So we're getting a Harley issue about cat burglars...and no Catwoman ?

- I really can't muster much interest in amnesica Dick Grayson as written by Scott Lobdell .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- With the way that solicit is written, I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia Barrera ends up joining the Outsiders.

- Tom Taylor still seems to walk the fine line of writing for DC and Marvel without comitting one way or another, which I can respect. I've not the biggest fan of his Batman work per se, since I think his Bruce is sometimes overly aggressive and jerkish, but he does a good job with Alfred.

- Selina fighting crime bosses makes me wonder if we'll ever see her contend with the Falcone's and Calabreses again...

- Looks like 'Tec is on-point for being about detective stories again. I wonder if they're ever going to age up Leslie.

- I really can't muster much interest in amnesica Dick Grayson as written by Scott Lobdell .
    So u liked that kind of version of Selina or the New 52 version ???

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

I'd 100% be down with that. I love the roster but one or two more members would round it out better.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, I might just try BATMAN ANNUAL #3 since it's an Alfred-centric story and it's NOT being written by King (or any of the other recent Bat-writers I'm not overly fond of).
    Looking forward to the Annual too mostly because I've been enjoying the heck out of Tom Taylor's Injustice 2.

Supersons is another I'm looking forward to because Damian as a parent. Heck yes.

Tec, Red Hood, Nightwing and Harley are pulled because I like Tomasi, I like Dick, Jason and Harley. I wish to support them even if I'm not that enthusiastic about the solicits
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-18-2018 at 12:40 AM.

No Tim again

Batman, Batman Annual, Tec, maybe Batman Who Laughs.

Also, Janin is back on Batman, after a nice run of Daniels issues, we'll be getting pale people again.......
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 09-18-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    No, it just becomes a monthly book again.
    No, it doesn't. Can't ship on Christmas Day, so they're delayed a week. Which should mean a triple ship January for that book instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it doesn't. Can't ship on Christmas Day, so they're delayed a week. Which should mean a triple ship January for that book instead.
    Yeah you are right. Turned out that it's a skipping week.