Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nightwing #49 Preview/Discussion

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nightw...arm-death-race

This, looks ok. I know nothing about Silencer. Im dead inside though over what coming, and I feel like none of this even matters anymore. So ya...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nightw...arm-death-race

This, looks ok. I know nothing about Silencer. I dead inside though over what coming, and feels like like non of this even matters anymore. So ya...
    That's what the reboot did to me but at this point I feel more numb with bits of jadedness and irritation at it all. As for this issue, looks fun and hope we get some kind of conclusion before it all goes to hell.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Any way to have the pictures here ? I can't see syfy at work...

BANNED

Probably being done to push Silencer at Dick's expense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is there even much of a point in pushing her? I can't imagine that her book will continue much longer with these sales numbers.

Well, Honor is one of DC best new characters... but so far, in this preview, she doesn't seem to be pushed detrimentaly to Nightwing. She clearly respects him, and trust him enough to reveal her face to him.

But I confess I'm surprised to see her in Nightwing and not Red Hood, considering that it's the latter who is dealing with the Unferlife...

Fantastic Member

More like they are equally co-working to me.

This was fun, but unfortunately pointless now, so in the end I’m just left frustrated.

Mighty Member

What's new? It's not like the comics name is Grayson or... Nightwing.

Fantastic Member

God, this Percy run has just been awful. New writer please

Extraordinary Member

basicly
    happens to him alot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, Honor is one of DC best new characters... but so far, in this preview, she doesn't seem to be pushed detrimentaly to Nightwing. She clearly respects him, and trust him enough to reveal her face to him.

But I confess I'm surprised to see her in Nightwing and not Red Hood, considering that it's the latter who is dealing with the Unferlife...
    I kind wish they used the name siliencer for cassandra

I thought it was pretty good. Action packed, and Dick even helped Silencer out in his own way (the whole "stop playing by their rules" part) after she saved him from being killed.

Astonishing Member

I thought this issue was fine. Fun, zippy, not too self serious, with a dash of weird and good choices of characters. Yeah, Silencer showing up is one of those weird timing beats where you get a lot of crossover that deflates a storyline, but the Dark Web storyline never quite came out as good as my expectations anyway and has been dipping since the first book. It's a decent conceit but didn't really end up being an Ultimate Nightwing story for me. Decent "Dick & Babs Team-Up" story but not a great Dick story. And that's the kick anyway - Nightwing has basically been a flux book since Seeley left it. Okay-to-decent story concepts with pretty good art but like, no big sagas. No big TV Season chapters in his life. We had GRAYSON SEASON 1, GRAYSON SEASON 2, SEASON 3: RETURN OF NIGHTWING, and then blehhhh ... just some short arcs. Dick hasn't had that much of a proper direction since then, and so I'm actually happy with the continuation of Dick's story and direction migrating back under Tom King's pen.

Of course there's the issue where the new Dick Direction happens in Tom King's book but then scrambles back into the Nightwing title under a different writer's pen, a writer who gets mixed reactions (I love Red Hood, but that book ain't supposed to be subtle.).

But the actual moment itself happening in Batman, feels like it works with the King/Seeley partnership pretty well.

Anyway back to Nightwing, I like the concept of the motorcycle race. The Celtic-ness of it kind of reminded me of the Ireland Annual issue of Grayson, but I'm sure all the techno-mysticism stuff was pretty specifically selected to evoke Grant Morrison himself even more than his actual characters or running story beats. Silencer's inclusion was pretty painless and her Leviathan connection certainly clicks with Incorporated and Grayson-era stuff. Pyg and Flamingo obviously go back to Dick's turn as Batman. The story accomplishes its high concept, in spite of the fact that it's probably going to have to drastically come to a close early.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 09-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It was ok. It had like two good character moments but everything else did not make much sense to me? Nice easter egg with the Skull Girl but that just makes it obvious that it would have been cool if Dick had contacted the Skull Girls to compete in the race with him to keep competition low. Rehashing the background to the story again in the beginning was unneeded. I do like the involvment of Flamingo and Pig even if nothing will come of it.