Storm
    Colossus
    Quicksilver
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Rockslide
    Strong Guy

New York. 300 feet starting range.
    THOR'S SPEED IS EQUALIZED to say, Cyclops level. Everyone else is untouched.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Equalizing Thor's speed might make him pretty vulnerable to Quicksilver. Even before his power boosts, he was able to rock Mandarin in the 60s, steal from Thundra, and (I'm not sure if this was around the time of his first real power up), speedblitzed Iron Man to his knees in Infinity Crusade, KO'd Exodus in his book (though his big strength feats of going blow for blow with Sersi and treating War Machine like a child in raw strength are from Bloodlines, which is in dispute). In House of M he speedblitzed Spidey, Cage, and Carol Danvers simultaneously (I'm singling them out because they were physically the strongest of the group). After his latest power-ups, he could break free of a Sentinel's grip and could topple a squad of them.

While that may or may not be enough to solo Thor, I imagine it would be enough to leave him open to the real heavy hitters of the group, most dangerously Magneto. Cyclops, Colossus, and Strong Guy might get some licks in.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-17-2018 at 11:55 PM.

It occurs to me that as a really hilarious, on brand jerk move, Quicksilver could just move everyone 300 feet or whatever behind Thor before anyone's thoughts/senses process.

In the brief moment where he wonders where the hell his opponents are, Magneto takes the hammer away and starts playing hit Thor with it.

Thor has defeated Magneto and Quicksilver in the past, and nobody else in this fight is on his level. Quicksilver can harass Thor, while Thor just dimension dumps everybody else. Then Thor does area of effect attacks to take out Quicksilver.

Does Thor have Mjolnir currently, or what's going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Does Thor have Mjolnir currently, or what's going on there?
    OP said classic Thor with Mjolnir, and that's classic Thor with Mjolnir in the scans.

Thor has defeated Magneto and Quicksilver in the past, and nobody else in this fight is on his level. Quicksilver can harass Thor, while Thor just dimension dumps everybody else. Then Thor does area of effect attacks to take out Quicksilver.

By that standard, Magneto has used his powers to basically magnetically grab the hammer and send Thor flying with it. It's just as likely that he can take the hammer away from Thor as it is that Thor can use it to do him up, especially with speed equalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    By that standard, Magneto has used his powers to basically magnetically grab the hammer and send Thor flying with it. It's just as likely that he can take the hammer away from Thor as it is that Thor can use it to do him up, especially with speed equalized.
    Stealing Mjolnir always felt so strange to me.

The thing has an enchantment of "return to me" so strong, it pulled free of Zues' grip. That seems like it would overpower Mags. Or his class 100 grip edging out his ability to pull it. *shrugs* maybe I don't know Magnetos feats well enough.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

The thing has an enchantment of "return to me" so strong, it pulled free of Zues' grip. That seems like it would overpower Mags. Or his class 100 grip edging out his ability to pull it. *shrugs* maybe I don't know Magnetos feats well enough.
    Yeah, those are good points, though Magneto does have at least a couple feats for stopping or manipulating the hammer. And yet, during Fear Itself, Magneto couldn't stop a hammer thrown at him by one of the Worthy:

Considering that Mjolnir contains a god so powerful that even Odin couldn't wield it, it makes sense that Mjolnir would be more powerful than Magneto.

Dude's magnet powers are such that he's EMP'd the planet, I am pretty okay with him magnetically taking a metal thing from Thor. It's not like he's trying to personally lift it or something.

Yeah, those are good points, though Magneto does have at least a couple feats for stopping or manipulating the hammer. And yet, during Fear Itself, Magneto couldn't stop a hammer thrown at him by one of the Worthy:

The hammers of the worthy and Mjolnir are not interchangeable.

Dude's magnet powers are such that he's EMP'd the planet, I am pretty okay with him magnetically taking a metal thing from Thor. It's not like he's trying to personally lift it or something.
    Its just, him calling Mjolnir back isnt about worthiness. It's about "this thing comes to me" which has broken Zeus' grip. And Air Walker iirc. And travelled straight /through/ Ben Grimm after he was boosted. That's just opposing force. Unless Thor never bothered trying to call it back, which is possible.

And Kuurth's hammer was benefiting from being "unstoppable" due to Cytorrak just like Kuurth himself.
    - big_adventure

Its just, him calling Mjolnir back isnt about worthiness. It's about "this thing comes to me" which has broken Zeus' grip. And Air Walker iirc. And travelled straight /through/ Ben Grimm after he was boosted. That's just opposing force. Unless Thor never bothered trying to call it back, which is possible.

And Kuurth's hammer was benefiting from being "unstoppable" due to Cytorrak just like Kuurth himself.
    Said another way, if Magneto were to start braining Thor with his hammer, Thor might be a bit distracted from willing it back to himself.

Said another way, if Magneto were to start braining Thor with his hammer, Thor might be a bit distracted from willing it back to himself.
    That's a weird way of saying "Good point Arby old pal! I concede and now have to argue a variant stratagem. Coincidentally, my name is now Pendleton!" ;P

...yeah I have no counter to him smacking him upside the head at the bell and remaining terribly coherent. WHATEVER.
    - big_adventure

Couldn't Magneto, conversely, trap Mjolnir to Thor's hand (say, his wrist being through the strap) and just use his magnetic powers to have Thor wail himself? Red Hulk did that in space, essentially. Technically Thor would still be holding it so there's no need to worry about keeping the hammer away from him.