Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Isn't Apoc much better at defensive TP than offensive?

I thought he needed Xavier's body to really talk into that wide reaching telepathic power.
    Poccy never uses offensive TP at all. He seems to use some kind of technopathy-ish, er, something or other, to take over Cerebro, basically piggy-backing Xavier's use of the machine. But he never uses offensive TP that we see, unless I'm misremembering.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The movie explicitly says that Apocalypse doesn't have telepathy, that's why he wanted Xavier, because he wanted that power. Poccy has defense against TP, however.

BUT then again, he also controlled Xavier in Cerebro, and made him launch all the nuclear weapons in the sky. So the movie just forgot about that, I guess?

Movie Apocalypse is the very definition of "powers are whatever the f%&k plot demands them to be".
    When did it say he doesnt have TP? Only thing I remember is a line like "he wants what I have" or whatever.

Again, I assumed it was an issue of scale, not power. Like how comic Thanos has absurd TP 1v1 but can't manipulate huge groups of people.

As for offense, I would say him noticing Charles mid conversation with Eric and then pretty casually usurping the guy is pretty decent offense. Same with their final astral fight. He didnt lock him out or put up walls. He was crushing him in mental hand 2 hand.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sorry about that - as pointed out, I misread as TK. I sheepishly withdraw that statement as applicable.
    No, no, no. Withdraw that statement with GUSTO!

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When did it say he doesnt have TP? Only thing I remember is a line like "he wants what I have" or whatever.

Again, I assumed it was an issue of scale, not power. Like how comic Thanos has absurd TP 1v1 but can't manipulate huge groups of people.

As for offense, I would say him noticing Charles mid conversation with Eric and then pretty casually usurping the guy is pretty decent offense. Same with their final astral fight. He didnt lock him out or put up walls. He was crushing him in mental hand 2 hand.
    I don't remember the exact dialogue, but it was something like this:

*Xavier tries to read/control Apocalypse* Apocalypse says, "Preventing from someone to enter my mind, I had acquired that power a long time ago. But controlling the mind, that is something you can do."

I can't find the clip at the moment, but I'll post it when I find it.

Here it is:

Xavier: *grunts* You're blocking me. How?
    Apocalypse: I can shield their minds from your powers. One of the many gifts I've acquired throughout the millennia. But, see inside the mind, to control it, that's your gift.

This also shows that scale is not the problem for Apocalypse, he can easily amplify Xavier's power to global scale.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Here it is:

Xavier: *grunts* You're blocking me. How?
    Apocalypse: I can shield their minds from your powers. One of the many gifts I've acquired throughout the millennia. But, see inside the mind, to control it, that's your gift.

This also shows that scale is not the problem for Apocalypse, he can easily amplify Xavier's power to global scale.
    Thanks for the find!

Hmm. It is weird to see this dialogue alongside his straight up feats of "reaching into a mind and controlling it" which is literally exactly what he does to Charles earlier.

And it's still an issue of scale. He possesses tye ability to boost ANY mutant. Like his horsemen. So he can boost Charles. But still needs him because his own TP doesnt operate that way.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

It all just shows how much of a "whack ass" character movie Apoc was.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It all just shows how much of a "whack ass" character movie Apoc was.
    As I said, whatever the f$%k plot demanded him to be.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Apoc has regenerating powers, and the only way they're overcame is if he is spammed with so lethal level damage that his body can't recover. Thor can probably do that with thunder but not sure how Thor would be able to counter all of Apoc's other powers especially given that Apoc is like a triple bullet timer or whatever from when he caught quicksilver.