Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default PUNISHER stories you wanna see?

Howabout :

Mark Hazzard MERC from the 1986 new Universe line is incorporated into the MU and goes up against Frank. He had a wife and Kid if I remember correctly. Circumstances pit them against each other and Mark ends up being a guy you DONT want Frank to kill, but does, not without a helluva fight though...

On a similar note, Frank is dogged by a man who lost his wife and kids to gun violence. He is a veteran/cop who hates what Frank stands for (and makes excuses for) and is determined to bring him down. He captures Frank and grills him, laying out his flaws..

Return to Baltimore; Frank takes out drug dealers there and comes across the one villain he unknowingly helped get away. A big momma crime boss from a 90's storyline who pinned the blame on her husband whom Frank shot, leaving her to continue her crimes...

ISIS, backpacker bombers, vehicle attack homocides, underage offenders who record their crimes, white supremacists.

Who else?/What else?

Mighty Member

I'd be all for a "Punisher is captured, convicted, and executed" mini-series. No use for the character.

Mighty Member

Thanks for your reply. A backlash storyline against Frank is OK with me. Frank crosses the line and kills a young criminal and his equally loathsome father. The act is caught on tape and a backlash brews. Murdock defends him. Frank was "executed" back in the mid-90's and smuggled outta jail by a mafia family once....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Thanks for your reply. A backlash storyline against Frank is OK with me. Frank crosses the line and kills a young criminal and his equally loathsome father. The act is caught on tape and a backlash brews. Murdock defends him. Frank was "executed" back in the mid-90's and smuggled outta jail by a mafia family once....
    I remember it. I also know he's been captured a few times, going back to the early 80's in Spectacular Spider-Man.

A continuation of the Old Man Frank back-up from Old Man Logan annual.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

I would love to see the Punisher team up with Ghost Rider and Wolverine for a third time, which would then make "Hearts of Darkness/Dark Design" into a trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

I want to see Frank back in the monster city. I really liked that storyline.

And I want to see him team up with a Loki or try and kill one. I really don't care which or how, but it could be fun.

BANNED

A run where he goes after supercriminals who have been 'forgiven' and joined a superteam as if they didn't kill loads of people.

stories I don't want to see: where Castle gets treated like a generic maniac and goes about shooting at graffiti vandals and the like.

stories I'd want to see: going after high level terrorists and criminal cartel bosses. attacking the foot soldiers only get you so far up the ladder. some bosses can have powers, some can just be human.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A run where he goes after supercriminals who have been 'forgiven' and joined a superteam as if they didn't kill loads of people.
    I like that idea, at least insofar as calling out the hypocrisy and double standards of a lot of the superhero community, that they won't abide someone like Punisher and yet can put up with . . . where do I even start?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Didn't he try to do that when he was forced into the Thunderbolts?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Frank would make the perfect Road Warrior. It makes no sense having him stuck in NYC all the time. He should roam (yes, I love road movies). After the Equalizer and Jack Reacher movies I like this idea even more. He can always get supplies from NY and throw down with the hero community.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Didn't he try to do that when he was forced into the Thunderbolts?
    I wouldn't know. The only Thunderbolts I ever read was written by Warren Ellis. Because Warren Ellis wrote it

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see the Punisher face villains he can't kill and would have to kind more creative ways of stopping them.

Mobster turned amnesiac Undertaker like 'deadman' Thorn and shady Cyborg munitions magnet Damon Dran 'the indestructible man'. These are two powered villains that would work well as Punisher foes and he could have good reasons for targeting.

Thorn could regain some of his memories of his life as Salvatore Carbone and come after the Punisher. He could take his seat as the last remaining heir to the Carbone crime family.

Punisher could come after Dran when he finds munitions sold to criminals during one of his missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    ISIS
    I recall him going after a ISIS like insurgent group called Black Dawn during Nathan Edmondson's run.
    Pre-Incursion the Punisher goes to Tikrit, Iraq and wipes the terrorist group out before dying from gunshot wounds.

I'd like to see Frank get called out on the fact that white collar criminals cause more overall damage to society than low-level drug dealers, so he goes undercover in the corporate world and has to find creative ways to not just punish the white-collar criminals, but destroy their companies.