Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default December 2018 solicitations (PSA: no releases on Dec 26)

https://www.newsarama.com/41866-dc-c...citations.html

JL Odyssey #4 still showed up in the solicits anyway, however Titans #31 did not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I will be getting the following books

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC
    Collects Saga Of The Swamp Thing #20-34 and Swamp Thing Annual #2.

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
    Collects Justice League of America #147-181.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC
    Collects NEW TEEN TITANS Series Two #10-31, NEW TEEN TITANS Series Two ANNUAL #1-2
    and a story from OMEGA MEN #34.

WONDER WOMAN BY BRIAN AZZARELLO AND CLIFF CHIANG OMNIBUS HC
    This giant collection features issues #0-35, #23.1 and a story from SECRET ORIGINS #6,
    all from the New 52 era!

Teen Titans spoiled itself a bit more than I would've expected.

Mighty Member

Happy to see that Blue Devil is back. But I'm pretty sure he'll go back to limbo afterwards.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Happy to see that Blue Devil is back. But I'm pretty sure he'll go back to limbo afterwards.
    We might get lucky and he could be roped into the adventure. Most other mystic characters seem to be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    We might get lucky and he could be roped into the adventure. Most other mystic characters seem to be.
    Hopefully. He would be such a good fit for Justice League Dark. But no, they add Man-Bat.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Wasn't it already announced that books from the 26th will actually ship with the 19th's books, they just can't be sold early?
    Or was that just for Marvel?

Thoughts:

- Nice to see the Freedom Fighters and Uncle Sam back in action .

- "Back on Mars, J’onn was about as corrupt as a law officer can be," well, I expect that's going to ruffle some feather and is probably the crack in J'onn's armors Orlando was talking about in the interview.

- How many of the writers/artists in the New Talent Showcase have gone on to any major DC work? I know Joelle Jones has gone on to success on the Bat-side of things, but she's only "new talent" when it comes to DC.

- Amnesia and a Momoa-esque cover isn't doing much to get me interested in DeConnick's Aquaman, but I'm still curious to see what she does on the book. Surprised they're not relaunching.

- "Force Wielders?" Are these supposed to be like the New Guardians from Green Lantern? Powerhouse even looks like a GL. And Rafa Sandoval was a GL artist .

- That GA solicit sounds a lot like that "Savior" episode from season 1 of Arrow. Also sounds like there's a copycat Green Arrow showing up, which is kind of amusing since the next season of Arrow seems to be doing the same thing.

- A volcano Green Lantern? Spider-Guild? Pheremones? A Kanjar Ro relative? Morrison on GL folks .

- Sounds like we're finally getting Hawkman's "new." I hope Venditti can stick the landing on this one.

- Ah dang, Kendra's going to Thanagar and she's just missed Carter in space.

- So Blue Devil's been stuck in a mystic realm this whole time? Poor guy.

- Planet Cyborg sounds pretty cool, and the team dynamics for this group is already sounding pretty interesting. Still miss Sejic though...

- "Plus… talking animals?!" Are we finally getting the real Tawky Tawny?

- Suicide Squad sounds like it's wrapping up, presumably for Azzarello taking over.

- Will Suicide Squad Black's heist on Gemworld lead to the return of Amethyst?

- Crush and Djinn's "Girls Night Out" sounds fun.

I hope they bring Amy, Amethyst and Gemworld (as part of the multi-verse) back.

Spectacular Member

I noticed Detective Comics only has one issue solicited instead of two. Wonder if that's the new status quo, or if DC is just adjusting the timing for issue #1000 next year. Part of me wants to see Detective pass Action Comics, since Detective started first.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

the green lantern #2
    aquaman #43
    batman #60 & 61
    catwoman #6
    electric warriors #2
    hawkman #7
    superman #6

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I noticed Detective Comics only has one issue solicited instead of two. Wonder if that's the new status quo, or if DC is just adjusting the timing for issue #1000 next year. Part of me wants to see Detective pass Action Comics, since Detective started first.
    It's not the only one. Flash and Wonder Woman now are montly too. I guess is the new status quo.

i also noticed there was no Silencer. This make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    It's not the only one. Flash and Wonder Woman now are montly too. I guess is the new status quo.

i also noticed there was no Silencer. This make me sad.
    They're not going monthly, read the advice. They ar just skipping Christmas week, and be on sale on January the 2nd

Border Town #4
    Cover #4
    Deathstroke #38
    The Flash #60
    -Reading it for the new character and to see what happens to her.
    Shazam #2
    Teen Titans #25
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-18-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    They're not going monthly, read the advice. They ar just skipping Christmas week, and be on sale on January the 2nd
    Oh right my bad.