Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Agreed. It’d be like if someone told me my most iconic love interest was my high school girlfriend. These characters aren’t stuck in amber. Lots of stuff has happened since 1993.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No, marriage its supposed to be serious business, i don't want marvel to ruin it just for the sake of doing it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    No, marriage its supposed to be serious business, i don't want marvel to ruin it just for the sake of doing it.
    lol, that's so 60s of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    lol, that's so 60s of you.
    Lol, that so light headed of you. Guess no one should ever marry you looking at your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Lol, that so light headed of you. Guess no one should ever marry you looking at your point of view.
    I don't think they were referring to any idea near that

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think they were referring to any idea near that
    I don't think you understand, LMAO

I don't think you understand, LMAO
    Yeah probby, I'm got preeeeety ripped earlier but Im sure Explaining what was misunderstood>>>just LYAO.
    But I'm probby wrong.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. It’d be like if someone told me my most iconic love interest was my high school girlfriend. These characters aren’t stuck in amber. Lots of stuff has happened since 1993.
    Yup. I mean, I read most of the original run of X-Force/end of New Mutants and I honestly had forgotten about Sam and Tabs being a thing. I always equated it to a high school sweetheart as well.

I'd like to see how being a family man and husband Smasher will effect Sam returning to the X-fold. I also heavily loved the subtle/not-so-subtle undertones that Carey had with Sam and Bobby during his run be explored if they were to go in that direction.

But it would be nice to see actively married members of the X-Men dealing with the fallout of being superhero and being a husband/wife/parent on panel.

Agreed. Sam was made to be a family man. I really hope we get to see that. He'd make an excellent headmaster for the school, too.

Isn't he married with child?

I really don't see a Boom Boom relationship in the cards again, but she'll probably react to Sam's current family status.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    > Sam's most iconic love interest is Tabitha

This is what happens when you only read X-Force.
    I've read all of New Mutants and X-Force alike. Would you like to try again?

They aren't exactly an "iconic" couple like Scott and Jean or Rogue and Gambit but they are literally the biggest and longest running love interests that either character has had. From New Mutants/X-Factor to when he UP AND LEFT and she got feelings for Sunspot, then they got together toward the end of that same run when they were in San Francisco and stayed together until Ellis' run ended.

Frankly no one gives a damn who Lila Cheney is and as much as I like Izzy, Marvel can't help themselves, especially in the Age of Nostalgia. I don't want to see Sam leave her but it's very possible he will.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Well, I wouldn't be so dumb and dull accepting any proposals. lol the whole concept of marriage is just absolutely bananas!

I cool with him not being married...though, I'm not 100% against him being married either.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wish all the nostalgia goggles writers would learn that.

Ultimate Member

I don't remember anyone saying that Sam/Tabitha is in the same league as Scott/Jean or anything like that, but for the two characters involved it is their biggest relationship...I'm going to guess that Smasher won't be in the comic much if at all and Marvel could easily just get rid of the marriage, giving Sam more drama...and remember that after Tabitha and Roberto ended back in Counter X she was still clearly interested in Sam and he in her...