Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It would be very irresponsible for Sam to leave his wife and child to go pal around with his old buddies in potentially life-threatening situations. Either way, Hickman left him in a tricky spot. Either he pulls a Cyke and abandons his wife/child, or he 'stays' with them but goes out on dangerous missions anyways.
    And yet cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc. do this very thing every day. They have jobs in which they could die pretty much every day, and yet they also get married and have kids, and have to go out the door every day to these dangerous jobs. Sometimes this makes the marriages fail. Sometimes it doesn't. There's no reason that Sam and Izzy couldn't make it work, even with light-years separating them, for a time. (Because, again, soldiers often get deployed thousands of miles away and end up missing parts of their children's lives.)

I imagine that Sam and Izzy *will* get broken up and their marriage (and kid) written off somehow, but only because the writer doesn't want to deal with it, and doesn't care that he's making Sam look terrible in the process and 'Maddying' his relationship with Izzy.

Meanwhile, in Nidavallir, Kindra Eitrisdottir is peering into a cauldron and muttering, "*Tabitha* was his one true love? Hmph!"

Incredible Member

Maybe Franklin Richards missed it when he recreated universe 616.

Astonishing Member

Anything wrong can be blamed on Franklin, lol.

I don’t think Cannonball’s family will be mentioned in Uncanny. It will probably come up in x-force and we’ll see if the current writers like the family or not.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 01-01-2019 at 11:08 PM.

discussion on x men twitter today about this!

I don’t think I’m a heartless bastard for not caring about this family. The marriage was so random.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    discussion on x men twitter today about this!

I don’t think I’m a heartless bastard for not caring about this family. The marriage was so random.
    You heartless bastard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And yet cops, firefighters, soldiers, etc. do this very thing every day. They have jobs in which they could die pretty much every day, and yet they also get married and have kids, and have to go out the door every day to these dangerous jobs. Sometimes this makes the marriages fail. Sometimes it doesn't. There's no reason that Sam and Izzy couldn't make it work, even with light-years separating them, for a time. (Because, again, soldiers often get deployed thousands of miles away and end up missing parts of their children's lives.)

I imagine that Sam and Izzy *will* get broken up and their marriage (and kid) written off somehow, but only because the writer doesn't want to deal with it, and doesn't care that he's making Sam look terrible in the process and 'Maddying' his relationship with Izzy.

Meanwhile, in Nidavallir, Kindra Eitrisdottir is peering into a cauldron and muttering, "*Tabitha* was his one true love? Hmph!"
    Yeah, there's got to be a point where all the superhero stuff gets normalized and they find ways to make that stuff work. The idea that for the past five decades or so superheroes have been doing that over-dramatic "No, I must sacrifice for my sacred mission!" is a little much.

BANNED

Divorced? I don't think anyone in the X bullpen knows he's married. They are all pretty new.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Divorced? I don't think anyone in the X bullpen knows he's married. They are all pretty new.
    He was with his wife and child in last month's X-men Christmas special

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He's still married and they don't need to bring it up every book and every panel like they do with Luke Cage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He was with his wife and child in last month's X-men Christmas special
    Oh sweet! I should probably finish reading that.

Sam talked about his son in today's X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Please Marvel, make it happen!!! We all know that this online forum basically has made Iceman gay. So let's find our next high profile target!!!
    Which annoyed me a bit and made me not want to read Iceman anymore via Marvel. It’s one thing if it’s Northstar, but Iceman’s gay status felt forced into the spotlight. Sometimes a joke is just a joke and some people have bad luck with women. That doesn’t make them gay, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Which annoyed me a bit and made me not want to read Iceman anymore via Marvel. It’s one thing if it’s Northstar, but Iceman’s gay status felt forced into the spotlight. Sometimes a joke is just a joke and some people have bad luck with women. That doesn’t make them gay, right ?
    Sometimes it's an indicator, sometimes it isn't. Iceman's story isn't an end-all be-all to every straight character that has bad luck with girls. Some gay guys go through a bunch of girlfriends just like straight guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    No
    being sexually attracted to the same sex makes a person gay