Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Smasher is unlikely to be in to many X-books and I doubt that Sam will just leave again outside of being in another Avengers book and if/when the New Mutants get re introduced into the movies I don't see Marvel wanting him to be married with a kids, just have the kid not be his somehow and that would split Sam up and give him some drama and all...I don't see Smasher/Sam/Tabitha becoming like Maddy/Scott/Jean...Sam's a better guy imho for one...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Smasher is unlikely to be in to many X-books and I doubt that Sam will just leave again outside of being in another Avengers book and if/when the New Mutants get re introduced into the movies I don't see Marvel wanting him to be married with a kids, just have the kid not be his somehow and that would split Sam up and give him some drama and all...I don't see Smasher/Sam/Tabitha becoming like Maddy/Scott/Jean...Sam's a better guy imho for one...
    I hope you're right. Sam needs some compelling flaws, but he deserves better than a rehashing of Cyclops's.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Sam working with the Avengers and getting married is a nice "life after the Xmen" and I hope it stays. Not many of the Xmen get to "graduate" into real life.
    Wasn't that exactly what Claremont was trying to do with Cyclops, Maddie, and their baby?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

I think so, but then Marvel brought Jean back and so they had to get rid of Maddy and Nathan, and whitewash Scott for abandoning them both...Sam's flaws are mostly that he's trying to play by the rules in a world/universe that doesn't...he doesn't see himself as being always right or anything like that, he's just trying to do the right thing in his mind...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wasn't that exactly what Claremont was trying to do with Cyclops, Maddie, and their baby?
    Yes, but you know... without the creepy factor.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Sam working with the Avengers and getting married is a nice "life after the Xmen" and I hope it stays. Not many of the Xmen get to "graduate" into real life.
    Not really. At all.

Have you read much of the time before Scott meets Madelyne?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really. At all.

Have you read much of the time before Scott meets Madelyne?
    I've read it all. Claremont wanted Scott to semi-retire from superheroing and have a life outside of the X-Men.

I've read it all. Claremont wanted Scott to semi-retire from superheroing and have a life outside of the X-Men.
    Which isn't really anything like what happened. Never mind being even remotely comparable to what WhiteQueenEmmaFrost is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which isn't really anything like what happened. Never mind being even remotely comparable to what WhiteQueenEmmaFrost is talking about.
    How is that not "Sam working with the Avengers and getting married is a nice "life after the Xmen" and I hope it stays. Not many of the Xmen get to "graduate" into real life." Scott wasn't an Avenger, but other than that it's the same. And why would being an Avenger be that different from being an X-Man? Both are dangerous superhero gigs.

How is that not "Sam working with the Avengers and getting married is a nice "life after the Xmen" and I hope it stays. Not many of the Xmen get to "graduate" into real life." Scott wasn't an Avenger, but other than that it's the same. And why would being an Avenger be that different from being an X-Man? Both are dangerous superhero gigs.
    Go over the exact details of each situation.

They are nothing like "Same".

Let’s not end another relationship for cheap drama; why not allow his marriage to be an outside element? Or allow Smasher/Izzy to guest occasionally?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Let’s not end another relationship for cheap drama; why not allow his marriage to be an outside element??
    Marriage is never an outside element for long lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Let’s not end another relationship for cheap drama; why not allow his marriage to be an outside element? Or allow Smasher/Izzy to guest occasionally?
    I agree, I don't think the marriage should end. There could be jokes to Cannonball's wife and son. Izzy and Josh could show up, or just references what has Sam been doing outside of the X-Men.

It would be very irresponsible for Sam to leave his wife and child to go pal around with his old buddies in potentially life-threatening situations. Either way, Hickman left him in a tricky spot. Either he pulls a Cyke and abandons his wife/child, or he 'stays' with them but goes out on dangerous missions anyways.

The whole point of being a hero is putting others before yourself. If he's hunting Cable's killer, likely as some form of grieving, then he doesn't have to react rationally. Yes, he should stay safe with his wife and kid but Izzy is also on the front lines as a member of the Imperial Guard. Marriage between two heroes who haven't retired doesn't work the same as Jane and John Doe. Both of them seem to understand the risks their spouse is taking so it's not irresponsibility.