Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

They just won't mention it like typical terrible comic writing
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It would be very irresponsible for Sam to leave his wife and child to go pal around with his old buddies in potentially life-threatening situations. Either way, Hickman left him in a tricky spot. Either he pulls a Cyke and abandons his wife/child, or he 'stays' with them but goes out on dangerous missions anyways.
    It isn't a binary option though, he doesn't have to choose heroism or family, he can have both. Now, I don't mean the sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows version where everything works out, he would definitely have to sacrifice with one in service of the other, but how is a superhero juggling his professional and personal life less realistic than space gods and supernatural invaders and other crazy things?

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The whole point of being a hero is putting others before yourself. If he's hunting Cable's killer, likely as some form of grieving, then he doesn't have to react rationally. Yes, he should stay safe with his wife and kid but Izzy is also on the front lines as a member of the Imperial Guard. Marriage between two heroes who haven't retired doesn't work the same as Jane and John Doe. Both of them seem to understand the risks their spouse is taking so it's not irresponsibility.
    I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Marriage is never an outside element for long lol
    Okay, but lets not make it a pre-divorce then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I agree, I don't think the marriage should end. There could be jokes to Cannonball's wife and son. Izzy and Josh could show up, or just references what has Sam been doing outside of the X-Men.
    Yeah, exactly, no reason that this can't be done.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

It would be very irresponsible for Sam to leave his wife and child to go pal around with his old buddies in potentially life-threatening situations. Either way, Hickman left him in a tricky spot. Either he pulls a Cyke and abandons his wife/child, or he 'stays' with them but goes out on dangerous missions anyways.
    Nope. 100% wrong.

She's a Shi'ar imperial Guard, He's a post X-corporation super hero. So assuming those things are "jobs"
    and Considering the fact that there are Marines*, Firemen, Police, Oil Riggers. . . and really... anybody who commutes to work in traffic (which one of the most deadly things the world, behind heart disease)...

Spit on the idea that either of them is being irresponsible.

And since we know the NATURE of the threats out there, sitting NOT training, NOT participating means the world might end for your absence one way or the other.

With great power... real life guilt assessment becomes irrelevant.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Nope. 100% wrong.

She's a Shi'ar imperial Guard, He's a post X-corporation super hero. So assuming those things are "jobs"
    and Considering the fact that there are Marines*, Firemen, Police, Oil Riggers. . . and really... anybody who commutes to work in traffic (which one of the most deadly things the world, behind heart disease)...

Spit on the idea that either of them is being irresponsible.

And since we know the NATURE of the threats out there, sitting NOT training, NOT participating means the world might end for your absence one way or the other.

With great power... real life guilt assessment becomes irrelevant.
    Hunting down Baby Cable for killing.... himself is not some great responsibility. It would be one thing if this X-Force was anything other than a vengence party, but at least from what the solicits have told us, it is not. I don't think any of the other Imperial Guardians have children. You can get all huffy if you want, but I think this is more a matter of Hickman being sloppy in his storytelling, not some grand call for duty.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Hunting down Baby Cable for killing.... himself is not some great responsibility. It would be one thing if this X-Force was anything other than a vengence party, but at least from what the solicits have told us, it is not. I don't think any of the other Imperial Guardians have children. You can get all huffy if you want, but I think this is more a matter of Hickman being sloppy in his storytelling, not some grand call for duty.
    You can get all huffy if you want
    Hahaha, the argmuent you made was just a weak argument. Don't think anyone in their feelings about it man. Its the argument. Not you. chill.

I don't think any of the other Imperial Guardians have children
    1. Who is kid gladiator?

Point is its not irresponsible to have a child then continue with your job. No different from working an oil field. Especially when staying dead isn't a thing that x-people do.
    Thats a big part of why the real world sensibilities and petty real world judgement points don't really apply. Ymmv.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Please Marvel, make it happen!!! We all know that this online forum basically has made Iceman gay. So let's find our next high profile target!!!
    Sure let Marvel base all their creative decisions on a vocal/noisy small subset of the fan base on a MB and just watch sales tank even further as the silent majority keep on dropping their books. Great business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    That would be good. But the problem is the kid. They can kill off the child but that would add a whole heap of problems in terms of Sam's personality. I had no idea that Sam was married I just thought that he had a kid with his GF. What will probably happen is that they'll break up and he'll see the kid off and on. Like Pietro does with Crystal.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Bingo, the relationship, child, and any connections to Sam will be forgotten. We have current X-men who've had relationships and children which have all but been forgotten unfortunately the same will happen here. Look no further than poor Roberto, all his development outside the X-men just as Rogue's will soon be forgotten/ignored so Sam will be in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

1. Who is kid gladiator?
    So one? ???

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    So one? ???
    And Kid Gladiator was only introduced recently, when Gladiator was Majestor.

BANNED

It's unlikely that anything is going to happen to Sam...he's a pretty safe character. They aren't going to kill him off just for the sake of it.

as for the comments about "life after xmen" marvel just needs to do better to increase their scope outside of the school. There have been very little examples of the Xmen going out into the world/universe and using what they've learned. They should separate the Xmen (which let's face it is just a vigilante militia) and the Xavier School. It'd make it less sad/creepy when characters come back.

The situation is, though, that Xavier opened his school to train X-Men. It was never meant to be an actual school. It was a secret training ground/base of operations for superheroes disguised as a school. It's only in this post X1/Morrison world that it was positioned as something of an actual boarding school. But in that regard, would you really expect a student taught by X-Men to be some scholastic success in the flatscan world?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I like Izzy.
    Yeah, I do too. More importantly, I like Sam as a family man. Since his wife is out in space, they don't have to have her in every issue but they still can keep him as someone who has a family (who, unless his child dies, he will still have).

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    lol, that's so 60s of you.
    Regardless, it's something that Sam would believe. Unless his wife wants a divorce, which I'm sure would be disappointing to him but something he'd respect.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Who the heck is that? There're just too many miniseries running around and we newbies who rejoined later are totally confused.
    Yeah, it was just in an obscure book called "The Avengers"

Anyway, I like Sam and Bobby, but I also think there's value in an extremely close friendship not being a romantic, sexual relationship.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So become Reed Richards.

The good thing with Sam being on Earth is that his wife may give him a head up next time the Shi'Ar decide to destroy the planet for whatever reason.