Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    FANTASTIC FOUR #5 - Second issue was a pretty big letdown, but yay! Wedding! And don't you dare pull a King/Guggenheim! Also, please don't have supervillains attack the wedding.
    FANTASTIC FOUR: WEDDING SPECIAL #1 - Ummm... did Alicia get a haircut in the middle of the wedding?!
    WINTER SOLDIER #1 (OF 5) - Sounds like a cliche premise for Bucky -- and I could've sworn this was the premise of his stint on the Thunderbolts -- but whatever, Higgins is a solid writer when editors don't mess with his stuff, and a new Bucky ongoing is long overdue (especially one set on, y'know, EARTH). Also, that is a comically oversized gun, oml. It literally looks like he can't hold it right and probably NEEDS to balance it on the bike. Also, man, I miss when Bucky, as the Winter Soldier, had short hair, but whatever, guess it's iconic and isn't going away until the MCU cuts his hair as well.
    MARVEL KNIGHTS 20TH #3 (OF 6)
    MARVEL KNIGHTS 20TH #4 (OF 6) - Co-writer? Hrrrggghhhh... Cates, don't you dare start pulling Scott Snyders!
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #6
    VENOM #9 - Missed opportunity to have the Symbiote in a trash can. Also, wtf is that cover? Also also, why doesn't Delgado sign their name like a normal artist?
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE #12 (of 12) - Kate be dead and lint's avenging her or something, I guess? Would be surprised. Figure she's gonna go off and start a new secret place for people, possibly without Clint's knowledge since he doesn't go to her in the original Old Man Logan and Sacks has been mostly good with sticking to what's been established and set in stone (unlike Lemire)

MULTIPLE MAN TPB
    WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN VOL. 10 — END OF THE WORLD TPB
    X-23 VOL. 1: FAMILY ALBUM TPB - Just because I liked early Tamaki Hulk issues and loved her Supergirl: Being Super. Have heard mixed things about this.

Maybe:
    X-FORCE #1 - Not keen on young Cable (seriously, we're getting RID of some young versions of characters already!), but I like Brisson and the team (mostly). Deathlok is a good addition as well, especially if they're fighting a version of Cable.
    KILLMONGER #1 (of 5) - Still not sure if this is about MCU Killmonger or mainstream Killmonger.B?ut I like the MCU version and Bryan Hill is a good writer.
    KILLMONGER #2
    IMMORTAL HULK: DEFENDERS #1 - Low-key interested in a potential ongoing with this team. Also, mostly because I like Silver Surfer.
    NAMOR: DEFENDERS #1
    DOCTOR STRANGE: DEFENDERS #1
    SILVER SURFER: DEFENDERS #1
    DEFENDERS: THE BEST DEFENSE #1
    SPIDER-GIRLS #3 (of 3) - Anya with red hair looks so wrong... also, she's looking pretty white there...
    SPIDER-GEDDON #5 (OF 5) - Getting #0 for Spider-Man PS4, and depending on how much he's actually involved, might follow through with the entire event. Helps that I have a low-key Spider-craving and can't stand how much Nick Spencer overwrites.
    UNCANNY X-MEN #4-7 - Depending on the first three issues. Also, if they actually utilise the characters from New X-Men: Academy X well... omg, I will feel so vindicated. As an Asian-Australian who was like 18 at the time I read their stuff (admittedly super behind, because it was like 2010), I found Surge to be a great relatable character (at elast in regards to her background), and all the other characters kinda just clicked with me.
    BLACK ORDER #2 (OF 5) - Of course BLACK SWAN, the character who looks the most like she's into BDSM, is smiling here. Also, hopefully they can better explain WTF SHE'S STILL DOING IN THIS GROUP. Also, possibly have her acknowledge what's happening in Fantastic Four.
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #4 (of 5)
    DEAD MAN LOGAN #2 (of 12)

INFINITY WAR OMNIBUS HC - If I'd gotten an Infinity Gauntlet omnibus I would definitely be getting this.
    DOCTOR STRANGE BY DONNY CATES HC - Not a big Doctor Strange fan, but I like Cates and have heard mostly good things about this run (aside from Damnation being kinda boring iirc).
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA VOL. 4: THE CATASTROPHE CON TPB
    WHAT IF? CLASSIC: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
    X-MEN: RELOAD BY CHRIS CLAREMONT VOL. 1 — THE END OF HISTORY TPB
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

So... I guess Superior Ock is a one-shot? Huh. Always seemed like it should be an ongoing, especially with all that Slott did to set up the Superior Octopus stuff.

Oh man, I thought Bryan Hill was gonna write Miles. I liked Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt, but... eeehhhhh. Also, Stelfreeze's cover feels so... un-Miles.

I am never going to get used to Into the Spider-Verse's Spider-Gwen's ballerina slippers. Ever. Also, really? couldn't make that a Spider-Gwen variant?

Star-Lord looks so... un-Star-Lord on that Infinity Wars cover.

Killmonger (sorry, KillRAVEN) looks so wrong with blonde hair...

"Green Door" must be the first time in actual years that kind of vague, ominous naming has actually sounded cool.

Aaaaaaaand Del Mundo's back on Thor. Well... there goes my interest.

Oh hey, the M'kraan shard! Always surprised by how much Coates actually uses Marvel history.

Huh... Laura's new outfit looks alright. Niot nearly as bad as I thought it'd be, and I like the X on her chest.

Oh damn... that Weapon X solicitation and cover... I mean, it'd mean more if Pak actually wrote Sabretooth like he was inverted (did he ever start doing that?), but still. Probs just M's face and the visual of Creed being undone that's hitting me tbh.

Is Domino TRYING to have the most generic covers of all time? I mean, I thought the Ms. Marvel one was generic, but Domino has been on a STREAK of generic iirc.

So... X-Men Red is done? Because it is kinda weird to still have a colour coded team running around, ngl. Even though I liked the premise and first issue for the team.

"Age of Republic" is a terrible name for a crossover. Is it meant to be, like, a reference to Age of Apocalypse or something? Why is there no "the"?

For a Captain Marvel comic, that Marvel Super Hero Adventures cover doesn't exactly have her very prominent...

I like the idea of the Marvel Studios hardcover, but... it feels kinda weird. They really obviously just cut and pasted some bits from different movies together for that cover, and it's kinda awkward. Just look at Thor's nonchalant face!

RIP Rosenberg's Astonishing X-Men run. I still remember seeing an interview where it REALLY didn't seem like it'd be such a short run, so if he was blindsided, I feel for the guy because he sounded excited. But at the same time, he's gonna be one of the regular X-writers (I think?), so it's not all bad.

Superior Spidey companion's leaving out that mediocre crossover he had with Uncanny X-Men and Iron Man.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    With both MK and Sentry missing from action at the same time, let's hope we finally get the team up book : P
    Both will make appearances at Sanctuary 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Definitely:
    FANTASTIC FOUR #5 - Second issue was a pretty big letdown, but yay! Wedding! And don't you dare pull a King/Guggenheim! Also, please don't have supervillains attack the wedding.
    FANTASTIC FOUR: WEDDING SPECIAL #1 - Ummm... did Alicia get a haircut in the middle of the wedding?!
    The art showing the long hair is incorrect, as she clearly had short hair in issue 1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman