Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, but i’m wondering how a date between them is going to work.
    I guess we'll find out!

Extraordinary Member

Another disappointing month (we really need another book for the Avengers who are in limbo, especially now that Vision's miniseries is cancelled), but at least most of the special projects and limited series are winding down and the new X-Force may herald the start of some new ongoings.

(I'd be interested to know if the idea of reuniting the original X-Force team was pitched under Alonso or Cebulski and whether it has any clues to Cebulski's approach to ongoings. I guess we'll find out later.)

BANNED

Immortal Hulk #10
    immortal Hulk: Defenders #1
    Namor: Defenders #1
    Doctor Strange: Defenders #1
    Silver Surfer: Defenders #1
    Defenders: The Best Defense #1
    Venom #9
    Amazing Spider-Man #11 & #12

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    X-Men Red probably will end at #12 in January.
    Looks like #11 is the finale, based on the cover being the full team instead of just one member and "And now...they can fight no more." in the solicit text.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    No Sentry?
    That was missing in November too wasn't it? Must've just been a mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With no Daredevil solicited it's just X-Men Red #11 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like #11 is the finale, based on the cover being the full team instead of just one member and "And now...they can fight no more." in the solicit text.

That was missing in November too wasn't it? Must've just been a mini.
    This is why i’m getting discouraged reading comics; nothing has any real staying power any more. Poor gentle- we hardly knew you.

My list:
    Superior Spider-Man #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #7
    Avengers #11
    Marvel's Avengers: Untitled Prelude #1
    The Punisher #5
    Doctor Strange #9
    Tony Stark: Iron Man Vol. 1--Self-Made Man TPB
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-18-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    And She-Hulk and Thor have been having a budding romance in Aaron's Avengers.
    And by budding romance, you mean one panel tucked away in the corner of Avengers #6.

On that note, Marvel, She-Hulk or Hulk. Make up your mind. By saying Thor and Hulk date, you are denying us a more interesting romance.

Lastly, that variant for the Wedding issue of She-Hulk looks soooo good!

Excited over an international superhero summit in Avengers. Hope to see a ton of underused/never-used heroes get some pagetime.

Also a bit concerned about no Astonishing X-Men. It's the only X-book I'm reading right now and hands down the best on the shelves in quite some time.

Immortal Hulk
    Uncanny X-Men if the couple first issues are good.

Getting:

All the titles in the Defenders event.

Doctor Strange

Infinity Wars 6

Niffleheim

Superior Spider-Man #1
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1
    Spider-Geddon #5
    Infinity Wars # 6
    Infinity Wars: Fallen Guardian#1
    Infinity Wars:1 One Shot After Infinity
    Champions #27
    Champions Annual #1
    Ms. Marvel #37
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #38
    Black Order #2

I've given up on Thor i can't deal with Del Mundo on art.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

When they announced the Defenders book, I said "please don't release it all at once because I can't afford that." Then they release it all at once plus double ship some of the other books I'm interested in.

Definitely:
    Avengers 11 - I'm finishing the arc, at least.
    West Coast Avengers - I don't want this to double ship, but the story seems fun.
    Black Panther 7 - Kev Walker is the artist. I wonder if that is going to be a concern.

I guess no Daredevil solicit. That'll help mitigate my other complaints for this pricey month. To my knowledge, the book ends at 614, not 612, so I'm curious about that.

Probably:
    Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - Having one with Iron Fist is logical, given all the other team ups. If the others are good, I'll get this too.

Maybe:
    Killmonger 1 & 2 - Provided I feel that this is true to the spirit of the Don McGregor story and not a movie cash grab (*cough*Shuri*cough*), I'll check this out, but the double ship hurts my wallet. Plus the first issue is 40 pages, so an extra dollar.
    Immortal Hulk: Defenders - I love Al Ewing
    Namor: Defenders - Chip Zdarsky is great too, but five bucks a piece?
    Doctor Stranger: Defenders - Gerry Duggan as well? At least this is a very talented story
    Silver Surfer: Defenders - I haven't heard of Jason Latour. Is each book essential? Once again, if they did two a month, I would absolutely get this.
    Defenders: The Best Defense - I guess I should be happy this isn't six bucks.
    Marvel Knights 20th 3 & 4 - I strongly considered getting this, but you get what my issue is.

Random thoughts:

I hope The Exterminated is a one-shot and not the start of a new event. Weird to have Chris Claremont write about any Nathan Summers older than one year old.

I do think Saladin Ahmed was a great choice for Miles Morales

They better hope the Avengers 4 title gets released before the prelude.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Thoughts:

- Marvel already did an amazing bait-and-switch for the X-Men wedding so why not do a straight marriage special with the FF? Also looking forward to Gail Simone dipping into the First Family .

- Nice to see Marvel doing some Holiday Specials. I don't think Marvel has been as a frequent with them as DC.

- I like Kyle Higgins and I'm happy to see Bucky in a book again, but the premise just seems kind of weird for a Winter Soldier book.

- The Defenders books all ready like something Al Ewing would come up with .

- Namor still looks like Aquaman.

- Of course Typohid Mary would have a one-shot with Iron Fist to tie-in to the show...

- That Infinity Wars cover seems like a neat nod to a certain moment in the movie. I'm also for some reason expecting the dead Guardian to be Star-Lord.

- Looks like the Marvel Knights mini is going to shift perspective to different Marvel Knights heroes (and co-writers).

- Iron Man and The Wasp? I don't know whether I want Hank to see this or not...

- It's hard for me to get excited for a date between Thor and She-Hulk when Thor is acting like a blonde Hercules and She-Hulk is stuck in a roided out Savage Hulk mode. They both deserve better .

- I wonder who the villains against the return of the WCA are? Graviton? Zodiac? Oh, and I guess the surprise appearance is Noh-Varr judging by the hair.

- "Luckily, she’s got a brand-new A.I. system on her side!" I kinda miss when Iron Man armors didn't always need AI's in them. I guess Rhodey still doesn't have one.

- He's been a supporting character on Twitter, so it's nice to see Iron Man in a big way in Squirrel Girl's book.

- Sounds like major things are going on in Ms. Marvel, to the point where the covers have to be as non-indicative of the content as possible.

- Sounds like Unstoppable Wasp is getting a bit of a tone shift.

- "But a returned Runaway (well, and the certain destruction of Earth) could ruin everything." Is it not Alex? Oh God, it's going to be Xavin, isn't it?

- Sounds like Dr. Strange is finally back to being Dr. Strange (in before issue #400 takes his powers away again).

- "Is there romance in the air for Luke and Tula?" So we're finally at a point of giving Luke an actual love interest (in before Mara Jade fans come in)? Although why is BB-8 on the cover?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Namor still looks like Aquaman.
    I think you mean Aquaman still looks like Namor.

- Of course Typohid Mary would have a one-shot with Iron Fist to tie-in to the show...
    I mean, it follows both a Spider-Man and an X-Men one-shot with Typhoid Mary.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?