Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Why is Marvel trying to make Thor/She-Hulk happen? *facepalm*
    ...Because Aaron has a story he wants to tell with these two? I'll reserve judgement until I see more of it play out.

So far, what little we've seen between them has been played for its amusing/awkward qualities. It'll be interesting to see if Aaron keeps playing it strictly for laughs or if there's a bit more to it.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-19-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Ff
    Weapon x
    Asgardians of the galaxy

Probably dropping avengers

The defenders was gonna get, but a bunch of one shots I have no interest in

No 2 in 1 is not a surprise for me but I hope it's just a skip for a month
    2 in 1 will have a new name and cast next year. A spiritual successor. #12 is the last issue in it's current form.

As for Avengers, would you prefer this version?

Avengers #1

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c)

A new era of all-out Avengers action begins! A new team is formed to battle a mega-sized threat that is weirder and wilder than any the superheroes have met before! This new ongoing series will be the perfect opportunity for middle grade readers, and fans of all ages, to experience the thrilling adventures of Avengers comics for the first time!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

IDW has another Marvel book as well...

Spider-Man #2

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    2 in 1 will have a new name and cast next year. A spiritual successor. #12 is the last issue in it's current form.

Avengers #1

A new era of all-out Avengers action begins! A new team is formed to battle a mega-sized threat that is weirder and wilder than any the superheroes have met before! This new ongoing series will be the perfect opportunity for middle grade readers, and fans of all ages, to experience the thrilling adventures of Avengers comics for the first time!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    I will definitely be picking this up. I really like the team and I used to read the Marvel Adventures Avengers and enjoyed reading it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I must've not recalled how the solicit read for Moon Knight #200, is that going to be the final issue on that title?

I notice he's missing from these solicits.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A quick question: what is the story behind Infinity Warps? Are they just silly "What If?" stories, or is there some kind of actual plot behind them?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I must've not recalled how the solicit read for Moon Knight #200, is that going to be the final issue on that title?

I notice he's missing from these solicits.
    Yeah, sadly. #200 is the end of the current MK run. But I don't think he'll be gone for long - at least I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    A quick question: what is the story behind Infinity Warps? Are they just silly "What If?" stories, or is there some kind of actual plot behind them?
    They spring out of a power move made by Gamora in Infinity Wars #3 in which she, in an effort to keep her enemies at bay, "warps" them together in a new world inside the Soul Stone.

What these amalgamated heroes will led to is too soon to tell but I think they're more than just What If's.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    ...Because Aaron has a story he wants to tell with these two? I'll reserve judgement until I see more of it play out.

So far, what little we've seen between them has been played for its amusing/awkward qualities. It'll be interesting to see if Aaron keeps playing it strictly for laughs or if there's a bit more to it.
    Seems more like he has a story to tell with Hercules and Savage Hulk then Thor and She-Hulk.

Avengers #1

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

IDW has another Marvel book as well...

Spider-Man #2

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    These look more like cartoon tie-ins that I don't think they're supposed to be.

And is it so hard to get Wanda in something all-ages Avengers related at this point? But at least Carol has long hair again (and is hopefully written better then in the cartoons).

Yeah, everyone merged with whoever they were near at the time. Though how Logan ended up merged with Emma Frost is a mystery considering that Emma couldn't have been anywhere near him because he was hiding from everyone (probably a plot hole caused by editorial meddling, I'm sure he wasn't originally meant to hand his stone over to Black Widow).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Yeah, everyone merged with whoever they were near at the time. Though how Logan ended up merged with Emma Frost is a mystery considering that Emma couldn't have been anywhere near him because he was hiding from everyone (probably a plot hole caused by editorial meddling, I'm sure he wasn't originally meant to hand his stone over to Black Widow).
    Which makes no sense because The Punisher was drawn out into the Power Pack with Alex somehow back despite being within the multiverse and lord, angels, and monsters this plot is dumb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems more like he has a story to tell with Hercules and Savage Hulk then Thor and She-Hulk.
    If you read the new issue of Avengers, it's clear that Jen is not staying in savage mode full time. As we find out, there's more going on with the changes in her physique and powers.

As for Thor, characters change and evolve over time. None of them stay frozen in amber. They take on different characteristics as different writers have their own ideas about them. If you read Batman or Spider-Man or Superman from decades past, they're not quite the same anymore. Close, maybe, but not the same. Thor isn't any different in that regard.

If he seems to have taken on some qualities that used to be more associated with Hercules, well, that's how it goes. It's how Thor is now. And you can bet that in another ten or fifteen years, he'll be a bit different from how people know him now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Which makes no sense because The Punisher was drawn out into the Power Pack with Alex somehow back despite being within the multiverse and lord, angels, and monsters this plot is dumb.
    Gamora created a whole Warp World so it doesn't have to be combinations of people who happened to be next to each other at the time.

Scarlet Witch is getting a TV show. She needs to be in a comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you read the new issue of Avengers, it's clear that Jen is not staying in savage mode full time. As we find out, there's more going on with the changes in her physique and powers.
    So it sounds like she’s only really herself half the time. Still doesn’t make this sound like a She-Hulk/Thor relationship and more like one of Bruce’s.

As for Thor, characters change and evolve over time. None of them stay frozen in amber. They take on different characteristics as different writers have their own ideas about them. If you read Batman or Spider-Man or Superman from decades past, they're not quite the same anymore. Close, maybe, but not the same. Thor isn't any different in that regard.
    Seems more like a regression in practice then a progression.

I get that characterization is very writer dependent but I think there is generally, or at least supposed to be, some consistency in how a character is depicted with their general characterization across various eras. I don’t really get the sense of that from Aaron’s Thor.
    If he seems to have taken on some qualities that used to be more associated with Hercules, well, that's how it goes. It's how Thor is now. And you can bet that in another ten or fifteen years, he'll be a bit different from how people know him now.
    Basically not being written like Thor? Which is my issue.

BANNED

So it sounds like she’s only really herself half the time. Still doesn’t make this sound like a She-Hulk/Thor relationship and more like one of Bruce’s.
    We've literally just had one issue so far to see Jen de-Hulked. Who knows if it's going to be half the time, a quarter of the time or what.

And this relationship is also just beginning. Maybe see how it goes before second guessing Aaron's plans.

I get that characterization is very writer dependent but I think there is generally, or at least supposed to be, some consistency in how a character is depicted with their general characterization across various eras. I don’t really get the sense of that from Aaron’s Thor.

Basically not being written like Thor? Which is my issue.
    No, just not written the way you might prefer.

I could say that Tom King doesn't write Batman like Batman and point to many past examples of how the character should be written and how that differs from King's portrayal but at the end of the day, I'm merely stating a preference and King, as the creative talent paid to carry this character forward, is entitled to take the character in whatever directions they see fit as long as editorial okays it.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Reed and Sue, and Ben and Johnny got merged as well (into Mister Invisible and Hot Rocks, the Terrific Two), so it's after Fantastic Four #3. That's how Alex was back.