Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Funny thread guys. lol

Spectacular Member

why can't Kitty just come out as bi. Is it really so hard? We need more lesbian representation in the x-books urgently.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ...and these straighties still do not see the subtext. The denial that comes with privilege is so funny. #penis
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-20-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Courtney's finger is drawn as a penis inside Kitty's mouth. The sexual subtext there is pretty blatant
    Her finger just looks like a finger with some frosting on the end.

I mean, my gaydar isn't perfect but I think I'd notice if my favorite X-Woman was gay.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ........you've what?
    Hey, when I say me and my friends are close I mean it, lol

Rule #1 tho: It isn't weird until you acknowledge it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    How naughty. Did they just lick it, or did they suck on it, too? Did you ever reciprocate?
    Nah, I'm usually the one cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    ...and these straighties still do not see the subtext. The denial that comes with privilege is so funny. #penis
    I'm a black jew.
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 09-20-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    I'm a black jew.
    sorry but this is not the debate here though. There are different forms of privilege and I do not speak about "white privilege" here but about the privilege that comes with your gender identity and sexuality.

We are all complicit with certain forms of privilege and this leads to ontological denial and blind spots.

:-p
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-20-2018 at 04:05 AM.

sorry but this is not the debate here though. There are different forms of privilege and I do not speak about "white privilege" here but about the privilege that comes with your gender identity and sexuality.

We are all complicit with certain forms of privilege and this leads to ontological denial and blind spots.

:-p
    Ewww... Queer Kid Stuff. They really rub me the wrong way tbh

Regardless though, I'm not oblivious to the LGBTQ subculture and their struggles. My two best friends are members, not to mention lesser friends and even family members that are gay as fuuuck.
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 09-20-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

what is it exactly that rubs you the wrong way?

what is it exactly that rubs you the wrong way?
    They treat homosexuality and the like as a personality trait, and not just a person's sexuality. That line of thinking is counterproductive imo

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Regardless though, I'm not oblivious to the LGBTQ subculture. My two best friends are members, not to mmention lesser friends and even family members that are gay as fuuuck.
    Hey, you don't like something fine. Don't like it. Your prerogative dude. It's funny that Kitty is your favorite because she'd be giving you an earful based on your comments if she were real. Quentin is actually trying to help you understand a different view point, and your response is childish and reeks of privilege.... straight privilege. And I was waiting for something like the bolded to be said. Maybe instead of tossing things out as a shield (I'm a black jew; my friends are gay; family is gay) for when you say something and then are corrected, you should actually ask these "close gay friends" about how to articulate and engage on this topic and not LGBTQ+. Because right now you are coming off as someone who doesn't really care about these friends/family based on how you are engaging with this community.

Also it's culture. There is NOTHING "sub" about our culture, (unless your talking sexual roles and that crosses all cultures)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hey, you don't like something fine. Don't like it. Your prerogative dude. It's funny that Kitty is your favorite because she'd be giving you an earful based on your comments if she were real. Quentin is actually trying to help you understand a different view point, and your response is childish and reeks of privilege.... straight privilege. And I was waiting for something like the bolded to be said. Maybe instead of tossing things out as a shield (I'm a black jew; my friends are gay; family is gay) for when you say something and then are corrected, you should actually ask these "close gay friends" about how to articulate and engage on this topic and not LGBTQ+. Because right now you are coming off as someone who doesn't really care about these friends/family based on how you are engaging with this community.

Also it's culture. There is NOTHING "sub" about our culture, (unless your talking sexual roles and that crosses all cultures)
    sub·cul·ture
    ˈsəbˌkəlCHər
    noun
    a cultural group within a larger culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture.

Lgbt culture=a subculture. It isn't the norm.

Also, Funnily enough I talk about social issues with my closest friends quite often. And 9/10 times, we end up agreeing on most topics.

And I'm not using LGBT people in my life as a shield, thats SJW think. I'm just using them as examples of me not being divorced from the subculture completely.
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 09-20-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Spectacular Member

or they just say what you want to hear because they do not have the energy opposing your worldview. That's how I often do it with people being the norm because I learned in my short life that these conversations are most of the time not about sharing arguments or being empathetic with each other, but it is mainly about straight people using gay people confirming their self image. same here in this thread...it is only about you. Nothing else.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-20-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Courtney's finger is drawn as a penis inside Kitty's mouth. The sexual subtext there is pretty blatant
    Can't Kitty just be bisexual? It doesn't look like her finger is a penis to me. More like there's sexual tension. I have two lesbians friends who licked their fingers before, it's just sexual tension (probably related to toys or whatever, i'm not gonna get graphic).
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-20-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Can't Kitty just be bisexual? It doesn't look like her finger is a penis to me. More like there's sexual tension.
    ....oh god...

or they just say what you want to hear because they do not have the energy opposing your worldview. That's how I often do it with people being the norm because I learned in my short life that these conversations are most of the time not about sharing arguments or being empathetic with each other, but it is mainly about straight people using gay people confirming their self image.
    Or maybe you're just projecting. Also how am I using gay people confirm anything? Literally all I said in the first place was that it was funny that the fandom almost appears to think the straight/gay ratio of the X-Men is 1:10

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Can't Kitty just be bisexual? It doesn't look like her finger is a penis to me. More like there's sexual tension.
    Kitty doesn't seem bi to me tbh.
    I could see Magik being lesbian though.