Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    OK, but as long as its not Bendis revolution cyclops
    Well, as long as it's not the pre-Morrison Cyclops.
    And Bendis' Cyclops was very good, but Bendis/Aaron's X-Men were terrible.

By the way, it looks like I'll save a few dollars in December.
    Everything seems sooo meh.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-18-2018 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nope. You must be thinking of someone else. I was excited about X-Force when they announced it last week, and am hoping for the best (i.e., that they’ll age him up and make him more like OG Cable) but don’t mistake that for excitement about Marvel killing my favorite character (yet again; they truly are out of ideas) and replacing him with a kid version.
    Remember, he's a Summers.
    One of Marvel's favorite pastimes is throw members of the Summers family under the train.

God damn the fucken pessimism here!!!

I’m hype!

If you think uncanny is just some AoA retread, I don’t know what to tell you. Kelly T. Basically said it wasn’t.

I do think they may use the mkraan crystal and/or Legion to maybe do a reset of some kind to emplement CB’s vision, combined with the Fox deal just happening.

All the goodwill KT, Rosenberg, and Brisson have built up, you guys turn on them because of a few covers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    All the goodwill KT, Rosenberg, and Brisson have built up, you guys turn on them because of a few covers, lol.
    That tends to happen with the X-fandom, been so long since a good run and all, most everyone assume the worst.

I'm excited to see what happens though, I feel like the worst is behind us.(Nothing will be as bad as Bendis and Austen again, so there's that.)

BANNED

JDW disagrees that the X-Men are a minority representation.
    So, I don't doubt that all this will mean a reset button with all the x-franchise.
    If this happens, I'll continue to save a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They're literally opposites of the regular Four Horsemen?

I mean come on. This is not creative.
    Yeah, but the writers on this project are a bunch of continuity nerds (and I mean that as a positive!), so I'm expecting something pretty tongue-in-cheek, honestly. Could be fun.

Goodwill? Dude, they snap over simple questions. If they weren't so dismissive and rude to people just asking questions or giving criticism, then ppl wouldn't be turned off by them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    That tends to happen with the X-fandom, been so long since a good run and all, most everyone assume the worst.

I'm excited to see what happens though, I feel like the worst is behind us.(Nothing will be as bad as Bendis and Austen again, so there's that.)
    Well, for me, the last good times for the X-Men occurred during the Bendis run.
    After the Secret Wars, just down the hill.

EXM, ANAD X-Men, DoX, IvX, ResurrXion, Gold, Blue, Red... meeeehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, but the writers on this project are a bunch of continuity nerds (and I mean that as a positive!), so I'm expecting something pretty tongue-in-cheek, honestly. Could be fun.
    Same, i mean i know that nostalgia is like the devil in this forums . But well used it can be fun.

And so far evrything that i had read with Brisson and KT has been at the very least solid, so maybe this could be decent even if is not groundbreaking.

Rosenberg is the one that worries me, i wasn't impressed by Phonekx Resurrection (althougth it did have some interesting moments) and his run on Astonishing so far has been okish for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They're literally opposites of the regular Four Horsemen?

I mean come on. This is not creative.
    It's more creative than the last few horseman stories. Blob has to be abundance. And maybe Nate grey has gone a little to literally on the mutant messiah idea and he and the horseman are going to save the mutants whether they like it or not dangit!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It's more creative than the last few horseman stories. Blob has to be abundance. And maybe Nate grey has gone a little to literally on the mutant messiah idea and he and the horseman are going to save the mutants whether they like it or not dangit!
    Either Red or Warren are gonna be Life. Red literally has a death touch with his tendrils, yet Warren has historically been the Horseman of Death. So they could both be in proper inversion roles if they pick up that mantle.

Thots:

Exterminated #1 - Hope taking a darker turn could be nice. I really wish she was hunting down Fetus Cable too, only with the intent to kill, whereas X-Force just wants answers.
    X-Force #1 - okay...
    Uncanny X-Men #4-7 - I really love that the kids are getting attention but..........they're the ones that ALWAYS get attention. like, I don't think any NXM fan was surprised to see Glob or Pixie or Rockslide or Armor. when characters like Mercury, Hellion, Dust, Prodigy, and Surge show up, then it's a party.
    Merry X-Men - This is cute. Definitely picking it up.
    Iceman #4 - Mutant Pride Parade!!!!!! That's amazing.
    Return of Wolverine #4 - .........
    X-23 #7 - Sucks that we are losing Cabal but Tamaki really knows how to make these stories pop out. And this one is focused on a killer, so I really wish this was a "Parental Advisory" rated arc.
    Exiles #11 - OOF. I love that cover but I really hope next issue isn't the final one.
    Shatterstar #3 - Sounds fun.
    Weapon #27 - YES! This means at least another trade. And more focus on Monet!!!!
    X-Men Red #11 - Sounds final. Meh. It would be cool to end this off with a #12 with a Cassandra Nova solo cover.
    Mr & Mrs X #6 - This sounds like So. Much. Fun.

I’m hype!

If you think uncanny is just some AoA retread, I don’t know what to tell you. Kelly T. Basically said it wasn’t.

I do think they may use the mkraan crystal and/or Legion to maybe do a reset of some kind to emplement CB’s vision, combined with the Fox deal just happening.

I'm with you here!

I’m hype!

I still have faith in KT! She is a great writer in and out of the X-Books.

I haven't read a lot of Brisson and Rosenberg is verrrry hit or miss with me.

I’m hype!

I still have faith in KT! She is a great writer in and out of the X-Books.

I haven't read a lot of Brisson and Rosenberg is verrrry hit or miss with me.

Still, this is the most excited I've been about X-Book solicits in a while. Excluding Uncanny, Exiles, Weapon X, Merry X-Men, Shatterstar, X-Men Red, Mr. and Mrs. X, and X-Force all have my attention!
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 09-18-2018 at 10:07 PM.

KT did a good job on the Rogue and Gambit(bolstered by incredible art) mini, and is doing fine on Mr and Mrs X(could have done without Deadpool in #2, but we'll see...). The other ones haven't done anything that good as far as I'm concerned(did not feel/not feelin' Resurrection, MM, New Mutants, Astonishing, or Extermination). Goodwill as a unit has certainly not yet been established. Let's see how Uncanny actually starts off, but expecting everyone to roll out the red carpet is definitely premature. Where's Lord Claremont...?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I really liked Rosenberg's 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank indie series and thought New Mutants was really enjoyable. I didn't have as many issues with the pacing of Phoenix Resurrection as many here did so I enjoyed most of that too.

I think he's a talented writer, I think it largely boils down to not enjoying his go-to POV (through the lense of characters like Clint Barton, Havok, and Madrox, the latter whom I sometimes like) that can come across as tedious buffoonery.