Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    And that would mean something if canon<a handful of writer's wishes.
    My point was not to blame the fanbase for all of those. Like the writers absolutely see Illyana as queer, and Kitty's endgame per her creator had her as the president of the USA while her wife was Rachel. Oh, and Chris Kyle and Craig Yost envisioned Laura Kinney as queer and both Mariko Tamaki and Tom Taylor agree. Don't act like seeing some or all of those characters as queer is so outlandish.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    My point was not to blame the fanbase for all of those. Like the writers absolutely see Illyana as queer, and Kitty's endgame per her creator had her as the president of the USA while her wife was Rachel. Oh, and Chris Kyle and Craig Yost envisioned Laura Kinney as queer and both Mariko Tamaki and Tom Taylor agree. Don't act like seeing some or all of those characters as queer is so outlandish.
    A. Craig Kyle isn't even X-23's creator. And she's never acted gay in canon.

B. Regardless of Claremont's intention, it wasn't written. So it isnt canon.

The fanbase should know what canon is.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Yes he is. 10char

BANNED

Taylor also Liked my comment that Gabby should have the sexuality story as a development of her own separate from Laura. So Twitter likes don't really mean much.

The fanbase should know what canon is.
    Kyle and Yost are both credited by Marvel as her creators.

However it IS a significant point that when Kyle was writing her, the only relationship he was developing was the one with Hellion (which Yost himself still supports). So frankly I find Kyle's remarks rather odd, especially given the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Taylor also Liked my comment that Gabby should have the sexuality story as a development of her own separate from Laura. So Twitter likes don't really mean much.

Kyle and Yost are both credited by Marvel as her creators.

However it IS a significant point that when Kyle was writing her, the only relationship he was developing was the one with Hellion (which Yost himself still supports). So frankly I find Kyle's remarks rather odd, especially given the timing.
    Just googled it... Never noticed he worked on Evolution. Well don't I look retarded?

Regardless, canon>writer's statements.

Yes it was. It was written in X-Men: The End - not exactly prime universe canon, but it was still written. The issue is that comics can never have a true ending so he can't make endgames legitimate.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yes it was. It was written in X-Men: The End - not exactly prime universe canon, but it was still written. The issue is that comics can never have a true ending so he can't make endgames legitimate.
    AUs=Canon now? Guess Wolverine can solo the X-Men too then. And Deadpool>Marvel

Why does every X-character need to be labelled gay by fans? X-Man... Cable... Magik... Rachel... KITTY. The list goes on and on.
    The harder question to answer is who in the X-men is labelled straight? I can't think of anyone.

AUs=Canon now? Guess Wolverine can solo the X-Men too then. And Deadpool>Marvel
    No - but you said it hadn't been written. The point was that it had. Stop trying to change goalposts.

No - but you said it hadn't been written. The point was that it had. Stop trying to change goalposts.
    How am I? Earth 616 =/= AUs. AUs have no bearing on Earth-616. If something is written in one, its a non-factor for 616.

How am I? Earth 616 =/= AUs. AUs have no bearing on Earth-616. If something is written in one, its a non-factor for 616.
    Your literal words were that it hasn't been written. Trying to argue about canonicity of that or authorial intent after being told it was written is changing goalposts.

Your literal words were that it hasn't been written. Trying to argue about canonicity of that or authorial intent after being told it was written is changing goalposts.
    It wasn't written for their mainstream counterparts. It was an AU. So it nothing has been written suggesting characters like 616 Kitty are gay.

Also, it says a lot that you cant even argue I'm wrong at this point.

Some fans are bad at reading between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Some fans are bad at reading between the lines.
    Theres reading between the lines, and then theres discovering you're Kryptonian and using your x-ray vision to look through the page.

Theres reading between the lines, and then theres discovering you're Kryptonian and using your x-ray vision to look through the page.
    The difference between the two being completely arbitrary and determined by the point you want to make.