Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In that case. Hi Kelly. :3 Welcome to the X-boards hope you survive the X-perience.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    In that case. Hi Kelly. :3 Welcome to the X-boards hope you survive the X-perience.
    she's an actual poster on here

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    This is the worst part. Who the hell keeps asking for these stories?
    I think it's less that here and more that the character are CHANGED.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

MERRY X-MEN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1
    May check this out. I am definitely interested in Magneto's story & I think Jubilee's story will be good fun too.Plus it
    s nice to get a book that isn't doom + gloom for a change.

EXILES #11
    It's been up & down, but I still enjoy the series, and Khan (supposedly) returning is gonna be interesting.And looks like Cowboy T is a new member of the team. Can't say i'm not liking it. lol

WEAPON X #27
    This was still vague. But we will definitely have answers in next month's solicits. If there's a chapter 28, or if this will be the end. Given the cover and solicit though, Sabretooth's inversion may be undone this chapter. That will definitely change things

Not sure how I feel about these Uncanny covers for #4 through #7, I know it's a brand new lineup for the horsemen but they're still bringing back something we've seen several times. We'll see what role they play in the story I guess. It's good to see Nate Grey though

Other than that, I think the Dec issue is the best Shatterstar cover we've seen so far...I'm really looking forward to that mini.

And I guess Astonishing is ending. This is the synopsis for the November issue (#17): It’s X-Men vs. Reavers vs. Sentinels! But in this battle royale, who will come out on top? And will Havok finally prove himself to be the X-Man he claims to be?
    They could wrap up the Reavers storyline and end with some character development for Havoc. I'll be disappointed if they cancel it though, the Havoc team has been really fun and had real potential.

And I'm happy we'll get to see more of 'Diamond Patch'. I get that people are tired of alternate versions of characters...but this is a different take on the trope and I think it's making alternative versions of characters interesting again. I had doubts about Infinity Wars because I just couldn't get into their Infinity Countdown event, but it had a solid start and I thought #3 was excellent.

It's seriously crazy to decide how good a book is going to be solely off solicitations. Why not wait to actually read it before starting all the handwringing and hating on it? I was not a fan of AoA, but I'm down to give it the chance it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty has long hair again and is looking more like herself and not the Guggs monster
    Gods be Praised.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It's seriously crazy to decide how good a book is going to be solely off solicitations. Why not wait to actually read it before starting all the handwringing and hating on it? I was not a fan of AoA, but I'm down to give it the chance it deserves.
    If you're a fan who receives nothing but disappointment, you wait until a reason is given to be optimistic. lol

In some cases, waiting to see reviews. I was ready to drop Weapon X the second I saw Mystique was gonna be in it, and anyone here knows I ranted about it a lot. Despite my hostility, I did calm down after the initial bomb, but wasn't gonna read the book until I got the GO signal from a particular reviewer that the book is safe. And it's still not great, but enjoyable enough.

All we have for now is solicits and speculation. Some is excited & good. Some will be negative. The solicits are just vague enough to give you something (bad or good) to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course she's gonna say that. What else is she gonna say lmao.

Angel looks like a retarded bird and Psylocke is back to her asian body. They replaced the word apocalypse with salvation (lazy). I mean, are we wrong about that?

We're speculating about the story, what we've seen so far about the Horsemen and the AoA seems like retreads we've seen a million times. That lessens excitement. I don't see what's wrong with stating that.

No one has said that they aren't going to buy the book based on just these covers. At most we're saying that the story will need to impress us, or that we're hoping for a better story once the 10-part arc ends.

Thompson seems sensitive that suddenly not everyone is excited.

BANNED

If you're going to highlight Nate Grey and Glob Herman (and revisiting the tired Psylocke/Angel drama) you're basically asking for criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she's an actual poster on here
    Even Better. Haven't interacted with everybody in here so :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    EXILES #11
    It's been up & down, but I still enjoy the series, and Khan (supposedly) returning is gonna be interesting.And looks like Cowboy T is a new member of the team. Can't say i'm not liking it. lol
    Yeah, Cowboy T'Challa, who is called King, officially joined the team last week, along with Captain America Peggy Carter and her sidekick Becky.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If you're going to highlight Nate Grey and Glob Herman (and revisiting the tired Psylocke/Angel drama) you're basically asking for criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We're speculating about the story, what we've seen so far about the Horsemen and the AoA seems like retreads we've seen a million times. That lessens excitement. I don't see what's wrong with stating that.

No one has said that they aren't going to buy the book based on just these covers. At most we're saying that the story will need to impress us, or that we're hoping for a better story once the 10-part arc ends.

Thompson seems sensitive that suddenly not everyone is excited.
    100% agree with everything.

Its funny. People act as if AU tales are poison to a story's quality, yet DOFP is one of the best X-Men storylines.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.