Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Its funny. People act as if AU tales are poison to a story's quality, yet DOFP is one of the best X-Men storylines.
    A 2 issue storyline from 1980 when both that future and AU stories in general were still a novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    A 2 issue storyline from 1980 when both that future and AU stories in general were still a novelty.
    Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire. One of the best X-books since the Post-Secret Wars era.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    And even if they weren't, not everyone can pull off a story like Claremont can. Not to mention DoFP's greatest strength lies in the future timeline's impact on the present team.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Its funny. People act as if AU tales are poison to a story's quality, yet DOFP is one of the best X-Men storylines.
    You mean an AU story written in 2 issues by the best X-Men writer ever who build an amazing world and immensely developed all these characters beforehand?

Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire. One of the best X-books since the Post-Secret Wars era.
    Yeah and look where he is right now. Everyone is tired of him. The original AoA was very good, but let's not act like the subsequent AoA/4 horsemen stories were good. You can't use the same AU concept over and over again.
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-18-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    You mean an AU story written in 2 issues by the best X-Men writer ever who build an amazing world and immensely developed all these characters beforehand?
    I'm pretty sure AoA has waaaaay more worldbuilding done than DOFP.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

UXM sounding more and more like nonsensical hijinks.

BANNED

Just gonna drop my thoughts here, I tried to keep it as brief as I could...

X-Men: The Exterminated #1 I still think it's odd that a title about the death of Cable doesn't feature Deadpool, Domino, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Cannonball or Warpath (at least on the cover anyway). Also not feeling that cover art in regards to Kurt & Hank who look like they're in a Dr. Seuss crossover.

X-FORCE #1 I don't get why the Liefield + Zaffino variants don't feature Boom-Boom. Weird. Gimme more Tabby. Still not feeling Kid Cable, and I don't get the appeal of Deathlok when we could've had Siryn or Rictor in his place.

UNCANNY X-MEN #4-7 It took me forever to figure out that was supposed to be Pixie on the cover with Glob, Armor & Rockslide. I honestly thought it was Marrow, Dragoness or an original character at first. A little bothered that Hisako looks European here. I guess this cover confirms these four are the central NXM in this event when we could've been getting more Hellion or Dust...

The return of X-MAN is uncanny but I've no idea what they're going to do with another telepath. Maybe they'll stick him & Legion on some unexpected team with Blindfold, X & Adam X the X-Treme idk

Nice to see a nod to the Betsy+Warren relationship, but I'm a little tired of the typical Angel-is-evil-gotta-save-him thing.

The Horseman of Salvation designs are stupid of and the choices for the Horseman are ridiculous. Why are we retreading the past with Angel again? And are we really supposed to care about Blob, Omega Red and whoever that bearded dude is? Wouldn't it have made more sense some combination of characters we actually care about and do something interesting with them? If we have to revisit this story, then I'd have preferred Chamber, Mystique, Rictor, Magma, Empath, Mercury, Havok etc.

MERRY X-MEN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1 Bunch of great writers. I didn't instantly recognize all of them, and I'd never heard of that Charlemagne tha God guy (instantly repelled). Anyway, it'll be interesting if they can pull off one-page stories. Surely art quality will be HIGH. I'd love to have some cute character interactions and touch on some characters we don't see as often.

ICEMAN #4 A Mutant Pride Parade seems fitting for Bobby. I love the idea. And something Sinister lurking in the shadows really changes things. I do wonder what he intends to do to out favorite Iceguy.

X-23 #7 I love that we're going with a murder-mystery story for my favorite clawed mutant. I wonder if this mysterious X-Assassin is a familiar face or not

SHATTERSTAR #3 are these gladiators OCs? I haven't seen them before AFAIK. I'd hoped that Spiral was somehow involved in the gladiator ring but there's no indication of that happening. A shame, because I'd love to see her go up against Shatterstar.

WEAPON X #27 More Monet which is great. A shame the book has sucked. I do feel like the end has to be coming soon since X-Force now exists.

DOMINO #9 Given the discussion regarding her powers, I do wonder if this very SPECIAL GUEST is Longshot or Black Cat since their powers are somewhat similar. Gail has brought in some great guest-stars so I'm intrigued.

X-MEN RED #11 Def seems like The End. No Namor, so I guess he's busy avenging or defending. I assume the team will deal with C.Nova and then will transition into Uncanny. Hopefully, this isn't the last we see of Gentle + Trinary.

MR. AND MRS. X #6 So excited for another occasion which allows for multiple X-Men to show up. I spot Jean, Kurt & Bishop on the cover already so that's five of my fav X-Men in one place. I assume Laura and Sam got invites too.

So no Astonishing X-Men? Hmm, I wonder what Rosenberg will be writing post-Disassemble. Maybe he'll continue to write Uncanny, since Kelly is attached to MMX, whilst Brisson will have his hands full with X-Force. That, or he'll be writing a splinter title come Jan-Mar. I'm sure he'll be following up on storylines set in motion between MM, NMDS & AXM.

That was the Wolverine book that we needed for such a long time, even if Lemire overdid the formula a bit by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That was the Wolverine book that we needed for such a long time, even if Lemire overdid the formula a bit by the end.
    Yup! It was a great comic and... Oh, it was centered around an AU character. People should really give Kid Cable and Uncanny a chance tbh

I'm pretty sure AoA has waaaaay more worldbuilding done than DOFP.
    Not really, Claremont connected both the 616 universe and the 811 universe beautifully. The characters in the 811 were written A LOT like the 616 version, almost as if it was a direct future. Therefore, the character development was way better than AoA.

How about you ask people if they want more Old Man Logan. Everyone is tired of him. You can't use the same concept over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Just gonna drop my thoughts here, I tried to keep it as brief as I could...

X-Men: The Exterminated #1 I still think it's odd that a title about the death of Cable doesn't feature Deadpool, Domino, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Cannonball or Warpath (at least on the cover anyway). Also not feeling that cover art in regards to Kurt & Hank who look like they're in a Dr. Seuss crossover.
    All bolded characters are featured in X-Force which will deal with Cable's death. It would be redundant to have them here as main characters. How they deal with the death will be dealt with elsewhere

Oof, almost forgot the OG Exiles! Completely AU, yet great writing! And Extreme X-Men Vol. 2 was good.

Oof, almost forgot the OG Exiles! Completely AU, yet great writing! And Extreme X-Men Vol. 2 was good.
    The 2012-2013 X-treme X-Men? That's pretty subjective. I hated it. The Exiles were good, but again, it wasn't a repeated concept. It was original.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    The return of X-MAN is uncanny but I've no idea what they're going to do with another telepath. Maybe they'll stick him & Legion on some unexpected team with Blindfold, X & Adam X the X-Treme idk
    From the costuming he seems to be working with the Horsemen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    To be fair, I didn't see much complains about Bunn's Magneto. The 05 wasn't Bunn's fault. But I agree that the writers is a big X-Factor (no pun intended), but what can we do about it? We can never know if a writer's gonna be good on a book anyway. So why change every year. Change if he's bad, not because you have to relaunch. If you don't like the book, don't buy it, that's how they'll see.

And I agree that a good book is subjective. BUT, looking at the top X-Men stories voted by fans among many lists, the top ones are always part of a big epic run.

I think X-Fans are more ''complicated'' because there's so many characters (way too much IMO). If the X-Men only had 15-20 characters in their whole history, things would be way different in that regard. Heroes like Superman and Batman can stay relevant for 50+ years and still be interesting and have good stories.
    Of course Blue is all Bunn's fault. He was paid to write Blue and if he didn't like the team he should have refused it.