Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, either Aang's or Korra's story works better as a series than a standalone film. So, there is that.
    i still rather thry focused on a new avatar. Its an easier because they would create with a live action show versus trying to figure how to reverse engineer an animated show in live action.

Astonishing Member

Part of the reason I am cautiously optimistic instead of out-right optimistic is because the creators aren’t the sole reason the show was as good as it was. There was a lot of collaboration and one of the centeral writers on the show Aaron Ehasz contributed so much to what we take from granted on the show. Ehasz is the one who shaped Sokka into the fun-loving goofball we know and love since the creators originally wanted Sokka to be more serious and less comic-relief and he also helped make Iroh the warm, jovial, character he was and of course it was his idea to make Toph into a girl since the creators originally wanted a male character. Ehasz’s abscence was felt on Korra which while good isn’t to the quality of the original show(though it does have better animation/character designs).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Live action remakes of animated television series/movies in general leave me cold. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Right..but then I look at the Lost in Space remake and I think maaaybe?
    Ya know, I was so hesitant about the Lost in Space remake precisely because of how shitty the movie was. So to me it's kind of funny that folks here are on the same boat with Avatar.

History repeats itself, but hopefully only to an extent this time. I'm a little hesitant too, but the best way to prove me wrong is to deliver a quality show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    https://www.themarysue.com/atla-live...etflix-series/

I'm trying to think of any other instance of an animated show getting adapted into a live action series. This should be an interesting endeavour.
    It doesn't totally link up as a real adaptation, but Amazon Prime's Tick takes more inspiration from the cartoon than the 2000 show did. Makes sense to point in that the kids and teens who watched the cartoon (and not necessarily read the comic) are old enough to work in showbiz now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It doesn't totally link up as a real adaptation, but Amazon Prime's Tick takes more inspiration from the cartoon than the 2000 show did. Makes sense to point in that the kids and teens who watched the cartoon (and not necessarily read the comic) are old enough to work in showbiz now.
    Does he ever say "Spoon" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ya know, I was so hesitant about the Lost in Space remake precisely because of how shitty the movie was. So to me it's kind of funny that folks here are on the same boat with Avatar.

History repeats itself, but hopefully only to an extent this time. I'm a little hesitant too, but the best way to prove me wrong is to deliver a quality show.
    Oh I met in terms of budget, not quality. Netflix seems like they're not afraid to have shows looking like movies. Which sucks they had to cancel Sense8 and The Get Down.

But since you bring up quality, their new Lost in Space is good. I'm not drooling over it, but I was entertained. It didn't feel like a waste of my time. That's coming from a dude with no ties to the OG or the 90s failure, all of which I only knew about just months ago on Double Toasted.
    Last edited by Sain; 09-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does he ever say "Spoon" ?
    He said it once.

I hope Netflix does right by this franchise. The movie was really bad and I hope this series can right the wrongs from that movie.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!