Extraordinary Member

Default Isaac Netero vs. Sarutobi Hiruzen

The head of the Hunter Association takes on the 3rd Hokage.

Sarutobi is alive, not an Edo Tensei

Bonus: They sit and talk

My impression is that Naruto characters generally have higher physicals, though much more so in part 2 than when Hiruzen was top dog.

Admittedly I’m a little iffy on the speed difference between the two. Naruto has a pretty serious algorithm, but HxH has one with bullet-timers (as in, pre-Nen Kurapika) being pretty bottom of the barrel. Sarutobi’s not super fast by Naruto standards, while Netero is near the top in HxH. So you’ve got a medium-low speed guy in a fast universe vs a top-tier speedster in a slower verse.

Assuming they’re in the same ballpark of speed, I’ll back Sarutobi due to ranged game/versatility and such. Netero can swing his Buddha punches in pre-arranged forms, whereas Hiruzen can work with substitutions, clones, summons...maybe even genjutsu.

Edit: I feel that Sarutobi wouldn’t really respect the way Netero left the association to handle the election. Pretty carefree, not much at all like Sarutobi’s Will of Fire.

Netero on the other hand would see Lord 3rd as a sentimental fool, not unlike Danzo.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 09-18-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    My impression is that Naruto characters generally have higher physicals, though much more so in part 2 than when Hiruzen was top dog.

Admittedly I’m a little iffy on the speed difference between the two. Naruto has a pretty serious algorithm, but HxH has one with bullet-timers (as in, pre-Nen Kurapika) being pretty bottom of the barrel. Sarutobi’s not super fast by Naruto standards, while Netero is near the top in HxH. So you’ve got a medium-low speed guy in a fast universe vs a top-tier speedster in a slower verse.

Assuming they’re in the same ballpark of speed, I’ll back Sarutobi due to ranged game/versatility and such. Netero can swing his Buddha punches in pre-arranged forms, whereas Hiruzen can work with substitutions, clones, summons...maybe even genjutsu.

Edit: I feel that Sarutobi wouldn’t really respect the way Netero left the association to handle the election. Pretty carefree, not much at all like Sarutobi’s Will of Fire.

Netero on the other hand would see Lord 3rd as a sentimental fool, not unlike Danzo.
    I wasn't aware of bullet timing Kurapika. When did he do that?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If Sarutobi can survive/avoid the initial barrage of attacks and is able to pull out a genjutsu or something then he can take it.

That's a significant if to my mind. I'd back Netero taking the majority.

“ Hmm you summon the Monkey King , cute.”

Cue the Chairman summon Aura Buddha who bitch smacks the Hokage, to point of defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wasn't aware of bullet timing Kurapika. When did he do that?
    It happens in episode 30 of the 2011 series, not sure if it happened in the manga or not.

Kurapika’s Nen teacher fires a bullet at him using said Nen. Kurapika slips it and it punches a huge hole in the tree behind him.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei