Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    King can write Dick better than most writers who wrote him lately. Humphry wrote hime like a depressed loser, Percy wrote him like and old man afraid of technology, even Seeley wrote him like an angsty teenager for most of his run. When Grayson was over (the worst decision DC made in a long time imo), I was glad to have Seely on the title. And he did deliver with his first arc and the spyral arc, but apart from that, the bludhaven stuff has been really really boring. Also, the themes of his run were boring and had Dick going backward.

King is the only writer, lately, who writes Dick without making him angsty. Did he go overboard with the jokes/pun? Maybe. Was it intentional? I think so. In real life, when people are trying to cheer up a depressed buddy, they will often go overboard with the jokes etc. It does make sense that Dick would act like that. I agree, though, that him using "like" every two words is irritating.

But from what I've read of King, the way Dick acted during Grayson has more to do with him than with Seeley.
    You nailed my thoughts on King writing Dick. I thought he did a good job.

Overall, I enjoyed the issue. Some fun. Some contrast. I like how King possibly offered a more "modern" explanation on why Batman used to use the word "chum" (because Dick never washed his Robin costume enough and smelled, like how fish chum is smelly).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some contrast. I like how King possibly offered a more "modern" explanation on why Batman used to use the word "chum" (because Dick never washed his Robin costume enough and smelled, like how fish chum is smelly).
    But how could Alfred the perfect British butler allow something like this
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-23-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    But how could Alfred the perfect British butler allow something like this
    I think it can be fair to presume teen Dick might possibly not have always been home enough (Titans, teen social life, etc) on his free time to get Alfred his laundry constantly enough. And crime doesn't wait. So I can totally see him having to sometimes wear an unwashed costume.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I think it can be fair to presume teen Dick might possibly not have always been home enough (Titans, teen social life, etc) on his free time to get Alfred his laundry constantly enough. And crime doesn't wait. So I can totally see him having to sometimes wear an unwashed costume.
    Kory must not have a very good nose. Either that or they roll smelly and dirty on Tamaran, which actually could explain why she was still available for a nerd like Dick Grayson.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-24-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Kory must not have a very good nose. Either that or they roll smelly and dirty on Tamaran, which actually could explain why she was still available for a nerd like Dick Grayson.
    Yeah, but a totally HOT nerd.

The whole dialogue between batman and nightwing was pointless; i’d kind of like to see the phantom pharoh fleshed out more, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The whole dialogue between batman and nightwing was pointless; i’d kind of like to see the phantom pharoh fleshed out more, so to speak.
    *ba dum tiss*
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I like how King possibly offered a more "modern" explanation on why Batman used to use the word "chum" (because Dick never washed his Robin costume enough and smelled, like how fish chum is smelly).
    Didn't Dick call Damian out on not washing his uniform (a few years ago)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    When you click on the reply with quote button, copy the entire text. It'll look like this just without the star.

[*QUOTE=Batman Begins 2005;3911467]This too.

(Sorry, don't know how to do multiple quotes in one post.)

and then past that text into your original post and you can add your comment after the [/quote] bit.

Does that make sense?[/QUOTE]

Cheers, RedBird.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Just click the Multi-quote link that's to the right of the Reply with Quote link and then reply to the thread and all quotes messages will appear.
    Thank you.

Mighty Member

not sure if this is a diss of Kory but

shrugs
    Titans Tower probably had a washing machine and dryer

it had a big tub

heck...it had a swimming pool

Kory took showers
    there was a comic book The New Teen Titans, Volume 1 issue #28 where Dick goes to Kory's and Donna's place for them go out on a date but Kory sees how tired he and had talked with Donna about Dick's issues, and so Kory suggested that they stay home instead and they end up kissing
    later on, Dick is outside reading a newspaper and he is without a shirt on, and Kory is in a bathrobe
    Dick says something about she was showering

Dick and Kory became a couple in The New Teen Titans, Volume 1, issue #26
    it was after the aftermath of The Teen Titans going to rescue Kory after she was abducted by Komand'r and the Gordanians that made her slave for 5 or 6 years.
    It was after Dick seeing Kory looking dead after being tortured and beaten that Dick revealed his romantic feelings to Kory

The people showed on Tamaran

The New Teen Titans, Volume 2, issue #15

Dick and Kory went to Tamaran

Dick and Kory was staying in Kory's old room

Dick said: That shower is incredible! I swear the water is scented.

There is a scene of of him blow drying his hair afterwards
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-26-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.