Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
King can write Dick better than most writers who wrote him lately. Humphry wrote hime like a depressed loser, Percy wrote him like and old man afraid of technology, even Seeley wrote him like an angsty teenager for most of his run. When Grayson was over (the worst decision DC made in a long time imo), I was glad to have Seely on the title. And he did deliver with his first arc and the spyral arc, but apart from that, the bludhaven stuff has been really really boring. Also, the themes of his run were boring and had Dick going backward.

King is the only writer, lately, who writes Dick without making him angsty. Did he go overboard with the jokes/pun? Maybe. Was it intentional? I think so. In real life, when people are trying to cheer up a depressed buddy, they will often go overboard with the jokes etc. It does make sense that Dick would act like that. I agree, though, that him using "like" every two words is irritating.

But from what I've read of King, the way Dick acted during Grayson has more to do with him than with Seeley.
You nailed my thoughts on King writing Dick. I thought he did a good job.

Overall, I enjoyed the issue. Some fun. Some contrast. I like how King possibly offered a more "modern" explanation on why Batman used to use the word "chum" (because Dick never washed his Robin costume enough and smelled, like how fish chum is smelly).