Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batman #55 Discussion

https://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-55/

The issue is out already. Pretty hard to gauge how this will go from the first issue alone, but I hope it’s damn good for it to be sticking us with Lobdell.

The art was pretty great, and I’m not even the biggest fan of Daniel’s.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-18-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I don't like it, surely they would have been more trained. This was just using the character for shock value and I am hallowed out of those stories because they will be used for Batman emotions while the character you have been reading for 48 issues is just once again derailed by a story outside his book. I may never come back to Nightwing because I know the Titans will always get short changed to push the JL and Nightwing will constantly shift directions because of other stories or the silly "endgame" with Barbara. I got Dick Grayson on TV in Young Justice and Titans and hopefully he Nightwing movie will not get pushed aside. Nightwing is not interesting in comic books because his story is not his own. I am not someone who takes this out on Batman I will be getting Damned and other interesting books, I didn't really purchase the main book since the quality varies so much.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well, Didio would love nothing more than for you to stop supporting Nightwing. It'll give him more ammunition to do what he wants to him. I'm convinced he's not leaving until to gets to kill him.

Amazing Member

For anyone who watches New Japan Pro Wrestling, Nightwing is Hirooki Goto or Tomohiro Ishii. I love Nightwing, but he is the gatekeeper for the most part. He is the guy the bad guys beat to show how much better they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    For anyone who watches New Japan Pro Wrestling, Nightwing is Hirooki Goto or Tomohiro Ishii. I love Nightwing, but he is the gatekeeper for the most part. He is the guy the bad guys beat to show how much better they are now.
    Or Worf from Star trek. Is that the same?

Have zero comment on the issue because don't know how I feel about this spoilers:
    Dick getting shot and forgetting everything
    end of spoilers . Trying to be positive but it's hard.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-19-2018 at 04:09 AM.

This whole things just tainted to me given it just lands Nightwing with Lobdell to try an pitch hit. Whatever the original intent just goes right out the widow thanks to that. Nightwing is basically being thrown in the gutter thanks to this, after 50 issues and being double shipped. So it’s just hard for me to enjoy this story knowing what it results in for Nightwing and his book
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    Chuckled at this reference.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I don't like it, surely they would have been more trained. This was just using the character for shock value and I am hallowed out of those stories because they will be used for Batman emotions while the character you have been reading for 48 issues is just once again derailed by a story outside his book. I may never come back to Nightwing because I know the Titans will always get short changed to push the JL and Nightwing will constantly shift directions because of other stories or the silly "endgame" with Barbara. I got Dick Grayson on TV in Young Justice and Titans and hopefully he Nightwing movie will not get pushed aside. Nightwing is not interesting in comic books because his story is not his own. I am not someone who takes this out on Batman I will be getting Damned and other interesting books, I didn't really purchase the main book since the quality varies so much.
    I'm not as magnanimous I'm taking my anger out on King's Batman. I'm done spending on it. Dick is taking a hit because Batman.

Nightwing title is a tricky situation. I don't support the direct but I have to support Dick. If this direction tanks will DC blame the character or the bad decision?

Amazing Member

It seems to me within this thread there are two contradicting beliefs regarding who's to blame for having Dick get shot in the head, one pointing toward Lobdell, the other King. Can someone please shed some light on the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ten_to_Three View Post
    It seems to me within this thread there are two contradicting beliefs regarding who's to blame for having Dick get shot in the head, one pointing toward Lobdell, the other King. Can someone please shed some light on the situation?
    I mean in the end, this is Kings story, so it's King if you're wondering. Lobdell is the one who has to deal with a 'Nightwing whose been shot' aftermath story that has been set up by King, since Percy (Nightwings writer) didn't want to deal with it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I mean in the end, this is Kings story, so it's King if you're wondering. Lobdell is the one who has to deal with a 'Nightwing whose been shot' aftermath story that has been set up by King, since Percy (Nightwings writer) didn't want to deal with it.
    Ah. I see. Thanks. I now dread Lobdell's Nightwing, seeing amnesiac Dick isn't even his idea to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No ones blaming Lobdell. He’s just coming in now cause they have no one else to write this “evolution of Dick Grayson” and they need to get something out. He’s not behind this, but I sure as hell ain’t happy that he is who they had to resort to last minute to try and do something with this.
    Thanks for clearing things up. I feel the same regarding the future of Nightwing.
    Last edited by Ten_to_Three; 09-19-2018 at 09:55 AM.

No ones blaming Lobdell. He’s just coming in now cause they have no one else to write this “evolution of Dick Grayson” and they need to get something out. He’s not behind this, but I sure as hell ain’t happy that he is who they had to resort to last minute to try and do something with this.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah they're throwing him into the fire and telling him to swim.

And co-opting what others have said, King still has not improved in his dialogue.

Extraordinary Member

Who want to write for Nightwing anyway, you can never own the chracters becasue at any moment a curve ball like this is thrown at you. People want long arcs, how an writers do that for nightwing when they could be intruppted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ten_to_Three View Post
    Nobody is point at Dan Didio and we all know how HE FEELS ABOUT NIGHTWING...