Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman #55 Discussion

https://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-55/

The issue is out already. Pretty hard to gauge how this will go from the first issue alone, but I hope it’s damn good for it to be sticking us with Lobdell.

The art was pretty great, and I’m not even the biggest fan of Daniel’s.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-18-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I don't like it, surely they would have been more trained. This was just using the character for shock value and I am hallowed out of those stories because they will be used for Batman emotions while the character you have been reading for 48 issues is just once again derailed by a story outside his book. I may never come back to Nightwing because I know the Titans will always get short changed to push the JL and Nightwing will constantly shift directions because of other stories or the silly "endgame" with Barbara. I got Dick Grayson on TV in Young Justice and Titans and hopefully he Nightwing movie will not get pushed aside. Nightwing is not interesting in comic books because his story is not his own. I am not someone who takes this out on Batman I will be getting Damned and other interesting books, I didn't really purchase the main book since the quality varies so much.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well, Didio would love nothing more than for you to stop supporting Nightwing. It'll give him more ammunition to do what he wants to him. I'm convinced he's not leaving until to gets to kill him.

Amazing Member

For anyone who watches New Japan Pro Wrestling, Nightwing is Hirooki Goto or Tomohiro Ishii. I love Nightwing, but he is the gatekeeper for the most part. He is the guy the bad guys beat to show how much better they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    For anyone who watches New Japan Pro Wrestling, Nightwing is Hirooki Goto or Tomohiro Ishii. I love Nightwing, but he is the gatekeeper for the most part. He is the guy the bad guys beat to show how much better they are now.
    Or Worf from Star trek. Is that the same?

Have zero comment on the issue because don't know how I feel about this spoilers:
    Dick getting shot and forgetting everything
    end of spoilers . Trying to be positive but it's hard.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-19-2018 at 04:09 AM.

This whole things just tainted to me given it just lands Nightwing with Lobdell to try an pitch hit. Whatever the original intent just goes right out the widow thanks to that. Nightwing is basically being thrown in the gutter thanks to this, after 50 issues and being double shipped. So it’s just hard for me to enjoy this story knowing what it results in for Nightwing and his book
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Haven't picked it up yet, but I'm glad to have Tony Daniel drawing for a few issues.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Spectacular Member

It was a little annoying that everybody knew that Dick was gonna get headshotted weeks in advance. But in a way I was almost glad when it happened, King wrote Dick as being quite possibly the most annoying character I've ever read. His sense of "humor" was so cringe worthy and he was unbelievably bad at trying to cheer up Bruce. Was that King's goal or does he actually think that's how you write humor?

Yeah that "humor" was annoying.

After he was shot I thought to myself "Take that, chum!"
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

You should see Dick with Tony.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    Chuckled at this reference.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah that "humor" was annoying.

After he was shot I thought to myself "Take that, chum!"
    This too.

(Sorry, don't know how to do multiple quotes in one post.)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    This too.

(Sorry, don't know how to do multiple quotes in one post.)
    When you click on the reply with quote button, copy the entire text. It'll look like this just without the star.

[*QUOTE=Batman Begins 2005;3911467]This too.

(Sorry, don't know how to do multiple quotes in one post.)[/QUOTE]

and then past that text into your original post and you can add your comment after the [/quote] bit.

Does that make sense?

King was trying hard to make the moment pretty sad by having Dick "joking" around before he was shot, but it made me go "oh, finally someone shut him up" instead of making me feel sad.

And I can't hold "my excitement" for more dark and gloomy Batman which never ever happened before.
    Last edited by Rise; 09-19-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I don't like it, surely they would have been more trained. This was just using the character for shock value and I am hallowed out of those stories because they will be used for Batman emotions while the character you have been reading for 48 issues is just once again derailed by a story outside his book. I may never come back to Nightwing because I know the Titans will always get short changed to push the JL and Nightwing will constantly shift directions because of other stories or the silly "endgame" with Barbara. I got Dick Grayson on TV in Young Justice and Titans and hopefully he Nightwing movie will not get pushed aside. Nightwing is not interesting in comic books because his story is not his own. I am not someone who takes this out on Batman I will be getting Damned and other interesting books, I didn't really purchase the main book since the quality varies so much.
    I'm not as magnanimous I'm taking my anger out on King's Batman. I'm done spending on it. Dick is taking a hit because Batman.

Nightwing title is a tricky situation. I don't support the direct but I have to support Dick. If this direction tanks will DC blame the character or the bad decision?