Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Here are some MCU shows I want to see on Disney+ down the line. What do you think?
    I must say, those fonts have a 90s look to them and I appreciate that.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Thunderbolts with Zemo, Ghost and Crossbones returning would work well, with Songbird, Moonstone and Radioactive Man as new characters.

Once X-Men is established I think mini series for Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde & Lockheed and Rogue & Gambit would be awesome. Kitty Pryde/Lockheed, Black Knight, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Captain Britain could lead nicely into a Excalibur series with James Jaspers, Morgan Le Fay and the Fury as villains.

Power Pack and Rocket/Groot as animated shows? Everything else is just gravy here.

No I want Power Pack to be live-action. The point about them is that they’re kids but just as legit as everyone else. They were there for the freaking Mutant Massacre. I want them to hang out with the FF and the X-Men, not be locked in a cartoon.

Power Pack is prime Disney Junior material.

Dude, have you read the original series? It took the premise as seriously as Spider-Man, Daredevil, the X-Men and so on. I mean, like I said, they were in the Mutant Massacre.

For a modern comparison, think more Stranger Things, less Sesame Street. Also, consider that Feige has stated on multiple occasions that he's very interested in Power Pack and I doubt Marvel Studios would make something for Disney Junior. I bet Disney+ is exactly the platform he's been wanting this entire time.

Dude, have you read the original series? It took the premise as seriously as Spider-Man, Daredevil, the X-Men and so on. I mean, like I said, they were in the Mutant Massacre.

For a modern comparison, think more Stranger Things, less Sesame Street. Also, consider that Feige has stated on multiple occasions that he's very interested in Power Pack and I doubt Marvel Studios would make something for Disney Junior. I bet Disney+ is exactly the platform he's been wanting this entire time.
    I never read the original series. I'm only familiar with the mini series released throughout the 2000s. Those books were really child friendly.

Yeah, there's a reason they're mostly ignored and were declared non-canon later on. Btw, do yourself a favor and read the original series. You won't regret it.

Yeah, there's a reason they're mostly ignored and were declared non-canon later on. Btw, do yourself a favor and read the original series. You won't regret it.
    I don't think those minis were meant to be canon. They were still kids afterall.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

People are still probably going to have these in mind over those though.

And given Marvel Studios are doing animated shows with What If I wouldn’t discount the idea that they do more with other characters. So I think PP can work either way, whether they Riverdale it up or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why would they have a short-lived miniseries in mind over the classic run?

Why would they have a short-lived miniseries in mind over the classic run?
    Those minis are the first thing that pops into people's heads when it comes to Power Pack. Being relatively recent material that features the team helps a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    People are still probably going to have these in mind over those though.

And given Marvel Studios are doing animated shows with What If I wouldn’t discount the idea that they do more with other characters. So I think PP can work either way, whether they Riverdale it up or not.
    I would suspect that the target audience is at best only vaguely familiar with either.

The premise of the story is ideally suited for a new-genre, more adult show rather some Saturday cartoon. But either is possible, depending on how much confidence they have.

And also live action is hampered by by the fact the actors cannot go past puberty or the concept vanishes

Not that big a deal. The MCU averts comic book time, and the Power Pack eventually DID grow up.

They also helped cloak and dagger fight drug lords, battled thor sized enemies and fought death herself along with the new mutants to save their mother who was dying in the hospital!

Also in mutant massacre they went looking for the old lady merlock who captured them in a earlier story. She wanted them as her kids. The merlock lady ended up adopting merlock kids after the X-Men saved power pack! The power kids find all of them dead in mutant massacre! Mom and kids! Power pack could be just as adult as any X-Men or daredevil comic at times!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-27-2019 at 08:47 AM.

An idea I had: What if they made a Disney+ X-Men series leading up to the big movie?

They could call it “Uncanny Origins”. Using the O5 as a template, you could have an episode devoted to each member and how being mutants have affected them. I feel like an hour to each would really work well in fleshing them out. The movies could it as material to reference from. The first five episodes end with them being met by Xavier and you know...

The pitch:

Episode 1: Scott

Scott Summers’ origin as a boy in Alaska, son of Air Force pilot Christopher. Shows the events leading up to the fateful plane “accident” that him and Alex barely escaped from, while awakening his powers and being unable to control them.

Episode 2: Warren

Warren Worthington III’s origin growing up as the son of his wealthy father, hiding his wings the best he can before becoming a vigilante inspired by the Avengers in secret.

Episode 3: Hank

Hank McCoy’s origin as a young prodigy in Illinois who possesses unusually large hands and feet. His love of science, and him being an outcast, are prominent themes.

Episode 4: Bobby

Bobby Drake’s origin as a young man in Long Island, having to constantly struggle with feeling cold. He’s forced to out himself as a mutant to save his girlfriend from a bully, creating more problems.

Episode 5: Jean

Jean Grey’s origin as a young girl who loses her best friend at age 10, awakening her telepathic abilities, and the resulting isolation until she learns there are others like her.

Episode 6: Xavier

Charles Xavier’s origin as one of the mutants before the Atom/Snap, who hides his great power until he discovers more like him. Before then, he walks the Earth, until an incident renders him paralyzed.

Then, with everyone gathered together, we get the first X-Men movie where everyone is assembled as a team complete with costumes and codenames. The movie would carefully reference it, to avoid lockout, but clever writing will make it clear.

Thoughts?