Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Disney Streaming Limited Marvel Shows

https://variety-com.cdn.ampproject.o...-1202947551%2F it seems Disney is looking to do limited series with MCU film characters like Loki and Scarlet Witch using film actors.

Very very interesting. Negates Loki's death whether it is a prequel or not, but I am not in the least bit surprised.

Weird, but it's a good gamble to both shore up their service while promoting the second tier characters who just happen to be played by box office draws.

Me, I'm hoping Korg gets a series (I know chances are slim, but I will help print more pamphlets).

Just don't let it be slow like the Netflix stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    If they're using the movie actors with big budgets, they'll be probably around 5 episodes, max.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would reckon that they would be the length of most mini series which tend to be between six and eight episodes long. I am curious about where and when these shows will be set, if any other characters could guest star like some Asgardians or Vision or Quicksilver, and whether this will open the doors for other characters to get shows. Sif, Suri, Valkyrie and Korg, more Agent Carter, Hank Pym and Janet... the possibilities this opens up are exciting! I wonder what Loki or Scarlet Witch storyline they could adapt? The latter could benefit from a fellow female magic villain like Enchantress or Morgan ale Fay, or they could use the show to start inserting X-Men elements if they plan to revive her mutant connections...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I would reckon that they would be the length of most mini series which tend to be between six and eight episodes long. I am curious about where and when these shows will be set, if any other characters could guest star like some Asgardians or Vision or Quicksilver, and whether this will open the doors for other characters to get shows. Sif, Suri, Valkyrie and Korg, more Agent Carter, Hank Pym and Janet... the possibilities this opens up are exciting! I wonder what Loki or Scarlet Witch storyline they could adapt? The latter could benefit from a fellow female magic villain like Enchantress or Morgan ale Fay, or they could use the show to start inserting X-Men elements if they plan to revive her mutant connections...
    I always thought that a series with Hank and Janet set on the past when they were young would be a great idea. They could bring back Peggy too. The title(since Ant-Man & The Wasp is taken)? "Tales to Astonish".

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They've gotten better, though they had to learn their lesson the hard way.

I'm currently watching Luke Cage, Season 2, and while it's not the best, I feel like the first two episodes were the clunkers and everything after flowed pretty smoothly. Less filler this time, and actually sticking to their villains has been a good help.

You know, given Wanda's history with him in the comics, a SW series might be the perfect opportunity to introduce Wonder Man into the MCU. Even have Nathan Fillion reprise him (he was deleted from the films).

Also Agatha Harkness as well....and possibly Quicksilver in flashbacks or Paul bettany as Vision.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I would like them to acknowledge Quicksilver in some way, shape, or form to give me some peace of mind. Every film with her after his death is like he never even existed, thus cheapening his already cheap death.

Ultimate Member

Tessa Thompson Valkyrie show please. Also Kate Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I would like them to acknowledge Quicksilver in some way, shape, or form to give me some peace of mind. Every film with her after his death is like he never even existed, thus cheapening his already cheap death.
    Hes in avengers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes in avengers 4
    I actually guessed this a loooong time ago, but I wasn't holding my breath. You serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I actually guessed this a loooong time ago, but I wasn't holding my breath. You serious?
    The actor was on set. Theres photos of him out there somewhere..they are atleast recreating the battle of Newyork from avengers so maybe part of AoU will be recreated aswell. Or maybe Hawkeye or Wanda when she comes back has a nightmare with Pietro in it. Could tell u but Aaron Taylor Johnson(?) Or whatever his name is was spotted on site where they were filming. Probaly a small cameo but its soemthing. Would be cool if he gets brought back though. I feel like if they drop the accent like how Wanda went away like magic lol he coulda been great. He was already kinda dicksih they just needed to give him some character development and more personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The actor was on set. Theres photos of him out there somewhere..they are atleast recreating the battle of Newyork from avengers so maybe part of AoU will be recreated aswell. Or maybe Hawkeye or Wanda when she comes back has a nightmare with Pietro in it. Could tell u but Aaron Taylor Johnson(?) Or whatever his name is was spotted on site where they were filming. Probaly a small cameo but its soemthing. Would be cool if he gets brought back though. I feel like if they drop the accent like how Wanda went away like magic lol he coulda been great. He was already kinda dicksih they just needed to give him some character development and more personality.
    Ahh ok, didn't know he was part of the recreations. I'd love for him to come back, because he was a great Pietro indeed. My prediction was that since Wanda is devolpoing her powers more and more wild shyt would happen coupled with the infinity stones and somehow bring him back.

But who knows, even if it was just a AoU recreation I'd be fine with that. At least it would be closure.