Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

$7 is a gimme. People spend less than that on freaking coffee every day.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Since Disney own the majority of Hula now I am wondering if they might not just bundle the two together. Either way I will be getting Disney+ if for no other reason than for the Marvel and Star Wars shows.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I have seven:

PlayStation Vue (non-cable TV viewing)
    Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime (where I go for lots of shows I watch)
    Crunchyroll, Funimation (for all my anime needs)
    Britbox (comedies, mysteries, classic Doctor Who)

I might drop Hulu as I watch that channel the least unless I migrate there for my non-cable TV viewing and lose Vue instead, but I have no intention of adding any other streaming services as I have more than enough to satisfy me.
    We have Amazon Prime right now, too... But I'm not sure if we're keeping it.

We had Britbox, but it got dropped for being to niche. Granted, it was a niche I like.
    But we had watched all the episodes of Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served? and my room mate suggested we choose to keep either Britbox or Philo. And Philo carries Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

We also use an antenna for OTA broadcasts, which are free.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    $7 is a gimme. People spend less than that on freaking coffee every day.
    Wow. $7 is pretty high for coffee.
    I'd just make my own.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Wow. $7 is pretty high for coffee.
    I'd just make my own.
    I don't buy it at all, I just marvel at what people pay for it.

$7 is a smart entry point for Disney, they can raise the price later and keep people hooked. And there is plenty of awesome content on there already slated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Since Disney own the majority of Hula now I am wondering if they might not just bundle the two together. Either way I will be getting Disney+ if for no other reason than for the Marvel and Star Wars shows.
    They've announced a Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu, but not just the two as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    As much as we're paying, we might as well be getting cable. LOL.
    Which is exactly what the cable execs are hoping you'll do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It’s strange given that Loki and WandaVision were announced first that Falcon & Winter Soldier is coming out in advance but I can imagine it’s the easiest of the three shows to produce. Also excited for What If, 616, Hawkeye and Rocket and Groot if that last one is true. Curious whether Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter or Cloak and Dagger can be on the platform too.

This is assuming of course that Disney+ will be available in the UK around the same time as in the USA. If there’s a bundle with Hulu and that has exclusive shows for stuff like Aliens and Planet Of The Apes I will consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It’s strange given that Loki and WandaVision were announced first that Falcon & Winter Soldier is coming out in advance but I can imagine it’s the easiest of the three shows to produce. Also excited for What If, 616, Hawkeye and Rocket and Groot if that last one is true. Curious whether Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter or Cloak and Dagger can be on the platform too.
    What's this 616 show? I dont think I've heard that rumor.

And didnt they confirm the What If? show? I could've sworn they did?

Personally I have my doubts about Rocket & Groot. That's some hefty cgi overhead. Hawkeye seems very likely to me though, even if its not confirmed yet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What's this 616 show? I dont think I've heard that rumor.

And didnt they confirm the What If? show? I could've sworn they did?

Personally I have my doubts about Rocket & Groot. That's some hefty cgi overhead. Hawkeye seems very likely to me though, even if its not confirmed yet.
    The what if? show is confirmed. We even know what the first episode is gonna be.

Marvel’s 616” (working title) is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

This is assuming of course that Disney+ will be available in the UK around the same time as in the USA. If there’s a bundle with Hulu and that has exclusive shows for stuff like Aliens and Planet Of The Apes I will consider it.
    How much would Rocket and Groot cost to make though? I mean iono they might wanna get big content on there quick to grow as fast as possible and then worry about keeping budgets under a certain ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How much would Rocket and Groot cost to make though? I mean iono they might wanna get big content on there quick to grow as fast as possible and then worry about keeping budgets under a certain ceiling.
    I feel like focusing a series on two CGI characters might be a lot to ask for, even if these shows are getting budgets equivalent to the movies.

Like, count on Vision to be in his human form 60% of the time.

$7 makes this a no brainer, especially since I mostly had Netflix for the Marvel content. Throw in Disney/Fox/Pixar/Star Wars libraries on top of that. Nice.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Looks like Endgame is a great jumping-off point for more reasons than one. It was bad enough having to pay Netflix for Daredevil, the only good Marvel series on there, but I'm not paying for Disney+.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    They've announced a Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu, but not just the two as far as I know.
    Missed this post, already have ESPN+ so if the price is reasonable for the bundle I'm all for it. Netflix would probably get the boot.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!