Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Hulk and she-hulk tv show?

Niffleheim

I know it's a long ways away but I'm looking forward to the Disney Villains tv show.

Maybe I might even see the adventure disney movies of young Kurt Russell that used be repeated in my home country during the mid 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hulk and she-hulk tv show?

First Rocket and Groot and now this. I feel like these shows would be expensive to do. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    First Rocket and Groot and now this. I feel like these shows would be expensive to do. So I'll believe it when I see it.
    Supposedly these shows are getting budgets equivalent to the movies, so it's not that far-fetched...

Especially since you'd need a movie budget-level special effects to pull off She-Hulk (and Hulk).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly these shows are getting budgets equivalent to the movies, so it's not that far-fetched...

Especially since you'd need a movie budget-level special effects to pull off She-Hulk (and Hulk).
    But if you take a movie budget and then spread it to last 6hours( I'm assuming they're would be atleast 6 episodes.) I dont think your gonna end up with movie quality CGI. I guess they could save money in other places, again I'll believe it when I see it. Hope it all work out and is movie quality

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like focusing a series on two CGI characters might be a lot to ask for, even if these shows are getting budgets equivalent to the movies.

Like, count on Vision to be in his human form 60% of the time.
    Agreed.

I don't have the article saved but what's the actual language used when describing the budget? I recall reading it and thinking the budgets would be hefty....for a streaming service show. I figured they'd have a "Game of Thrones" level budget, which is capable of managing multiple exotic settings and solid cgi, but not capable of something like an Avengers or GotG film.

I'm sure they could handle the Hulks and Vision, especially since those characters can be in their human form 90% of the time. Groot and Rocket? I'm not expecting the budgets to be that big.

Then again, this is all under Fiege and rumor is the MCU is going to drop down from 3 movies a year to 2 (or even 1, according to some speculation). If that's true, the studio might be able to devote that extra money to the streaming shows. That would provide the extra oomph for some really badass stuff. And cgi isn't as expensive as it was fifteen-twenty years ago. Still expensive but not like it used to be. It'd also drum up a lot of subscriptions if the rate of movie releases dropped and D+ became a main outlet for MCU content.

I'm still keeping my expectations modest, though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I may be tempted if it includes Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and the other '80s cartoons.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I may be tempted if it includes Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and the other '80s cartoons.
    Assuming Disney has the rights to shows(I have no idea) I see no reason why they wouldnt put every existing marvel cartoon they have on there.

BANNED

here's an article I found fairly interesting in the state of streaming services

How the dream of cheap streaming television became a pricey, complicated mess
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...plicated-mess/

“If cord cutters thought there was some way they were going to evade the tyranny of annual price increases, they were deluding themselves,” said industry analyst Craig Moffett of MoffettNathanson. “Every economist in the world tried to warn that the outcome of that system would be higher prices and less choice. And lo and behold, that’s where we landed.”

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    here's an article I found fairly interesting in the state of streaming services

How the dream of cheap streaming television became a pricey, complicated mess
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...plicated-mess/

“If cord cutters thought there was some way they were going to evade the tyranny of annual price increases, they were deluding themselves,” said industry analyst Craig Moffett of MoffettNathanson. “Every economist in the world tried to warn that the outcome of that system would be higher prices and less choice. And lo and behold, that’s where we landed.”
    Since cutting the cord I'm paying 1/4 of what I was and watch way more tv. They can double the price of every service I use and I'm still saving money. My internet bill is unchanged since. Who has internet so crappy now adays that you cant stream Netflix? Like I dont know a single person who said they had to get higher quality internet because of nettlix. Old people who arrnt gamers or stream anything have high quality internetnet

So apparently Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo are in Falcon and The Wintersolider. With Boston actors returning for the 6episode mini series.

Incredible Member

Loki’s Disney+ Series Logo Revealed, Major Plot Point Teases Time Travel

A photo taken at Disney’s Investor Day reveals the logo for Loki’s Disney+ series starring Tom Hiddleston, and reveals an important plot point for the show.
    Last edited by Styles; 06-09-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Since cutting the cord I'm paying 1/4 of what I was and watch way more tv. They can double the price of every service I use and I'm still saving money. My internet bill is unchanged since. Who has internet so crappy now adays that you cant stream Netflix? Like I dont know a single person who said they had to get higher quality internet because of nettlix. Old people who arrnt gamers or stream anything have high quality internetnet
    Yeah the author of that story doesnt really have a concept of how things have changed.

1. I paid more for an internet service back when I paid rop $ for foxtel pay tv than i pay now.
    2. 8 yrs ago I paid almost $90 a month for Pay TV to have in two rooms with the ability to watch shows when they programmed them repeated so often it was ridiculous
    3. I now pay $15/m fir netflix, $7/m Amazon and $25/m for foxtel now (foxtel's streaming service).
    4. For $40 a month less (more so since I save $30/m on internet that I now pay $110/m for unlimited download vs $140/m for 500gb/m) i have a truck load more content from 3 services that can all be watched on at least 2 devices at once but I can change which decices those are as often as I like.
    4. Frankly either Netflix or Amazon have nore content than Foxtel. The foxtel now $25 is only to be able to stream the shows from about 12 of their channels but gives my wife her soaps like Wentworth, DOOL and YaTR plus real houswives, million dollar listing etc. Before we got that foxtel now we had Hayu for $7/M and my wifenonly missed 3 of her shows.

Looks like John Cena is playing US Agent in Falcon and the winter Solider. Wonder what kinda of Role Zemo has since him and Sharon Carter were already confirmed to be returning