BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows#23

Ok, some random things happened in this issue, not much action from the Parkers for a last issue I have to say...seems like it was wrapped up way too much in a hurry with little explanation and the Spideys had to be bailed out at the end. I mourn for the family car but that's about it. Interesting idea about less conflict meaning no room for mutants to evolve, but that's about it.

Liked Annie's choice of new codename, not that Peter approved. I suspect with the last line of the issue and the nature of Annie's next adventure, if she gets her own title it'll be a new "Spectacular Spider-Girl"

I did spot an X-Men related goof in that issue. Laura Kinney is Logan's daughter, so Shine shouldn't be calling her Aunt. They're half-sisters, not aunt and niece.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I did spot an X-Men related goof in that issue. Laura Kinney is Logan's daughter, so Shine shouldn't be calling her Aunt. They're half-sisters, not aunt and niece.
    Maybe the writer didn't get the memo at the time, since prevailing canon used to be that Laura was Logan's clone (which would technically make her his sister) and not his daughter (by adoption at first, but then see Adamantium Agenda #4).

That said, spoilers:
    Normie with six arms . . . guess that means Sinister gave him spider-powers with Annie's DNA. That's gonna be very interesting.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A few possibilities:

A.) Shine sees Laura as an aunt despite Wolverine seeing her as his daughter.

B.) In this world, Wolverine and Laura never built a father/daughter relationship, so they see each other as siblings, thus Laura and Shine would have an aunt/niece relationship.

C.) Shine is being literal, since Laura being a clone of her dad would make her his sister (and thus, her aunt) by technicality.

D.) Having Shine say "aunt" was less complicated then saying "sister," given the how brief Laura's appearance was (e.g. a simplification for readers less in the know).

E.) It was an honest mistake on the writer's part.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think it was fine, but I'm still really frustrated at 1) the quality of art we got after Stegman left, and 2) the fact that editorial and writers thought we wanted more Spider-Girl, not Spider-Marriage.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord