Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon#0

BANNED

Default Spidergeddon#0

Spidergeddon#0

spoilers:
    PS4 Spider-Man is contacted by MJ and told the Tarantula is on the rampage. He confronts Tarantula in the midst of a heist and battles him when both are interrupted by the Superior Spider-Man, Otto Octavios of 616. He informs Peter about the Inheritors and how they intend to make 616 their new home base. He reveals his identity to Peter, who tells him of his world's Doc Ock, and that he still believes that an Otto is capable of much good. The two Spiders finish off their battle against the Tarantula and Peter gives his Miles a pep talk and bids farewell to MJ before heading off with Otto to participate in the war against the Inheritors, and it's PS4 Peter that comes up with calling the upcoming struggle Spidergeddon!

Our epilogue is actually a prologue taking place a few months earlier, with the web warriors observing the actions of the remaining Inheritors on the world they are trapped in
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Damn those interactions between Earth 1048-Peter and SpOck really teared me up.
    end of spoilers

Since Gage worked on the game and this comic, hopefully the events of this comic won't be brushed aside when the sequel comes out (particularly if Gage works on the sequel).

Also, little thing that is relevant to what I just mentioned above.

spoilers:
    MJ is aware that Miles has powers.
    end of spoilers

Oh no, who could have possibly foreseen that sending robots capable of going through the multiverse to the location of the Inheritors could have possibly had negative repercussions? Whelp looks like we know whose fault this one is.

Also... what's the point of keeping them alive?

They show very little intention on saving the Inheritors, and instead they keep them in starvation until... they die? They're being tortured by the Web Warriors while looking not exactly in a rush to save them, so why not just kill them right away and end their suffering?

I'd like to imagine Anya might be on a mission to see if they're salvable without killing them and keeping them imprisoned and that's why she doesn't seem to be alongside the WW in at least the first issue.

Incredible Member

Why is Spock in his superior spider costume and not his superior octopus one that’s show on the cover of his comic?

Also curious if we’ll see any follow up on the thing he left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

They show very little intention on saving the Inheritors, and instead they keep them in starvation until... they die? They're being tortured by the Web Warriors while looking not exactly in a rush to save them, so why not just kill them right away and end their suffering?

I'd like to imagine Anya might be on a mission to see if they're salvable without killing them and keeping them imprisoned and that's why she doesn't seem to be alongside the WW in at least the first issue.
    That's a good point, starving them to death seems far more cruel than just killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Why is Spock in his superior spider costume and not his superior octopus one that’s show on the cover of his comic?

He may have decided to return to his Superior Spider persona, as seen in the final pages of ASM #800

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post

It seems from what I can tell that upcoming Superior Octopus #1 takes place between the scene with the Web Warriors studying the Inheritors and Spider-Man 1048 meeting SpOck, so I assume we'll see the answer to that next week.

Fantastic Member

I hope insomniac spidey gets his own comic series after this.
    I would love a prequel series that gives us the 8 years leading up to the game.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

BANNED

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Probably not absolutely essential to understanding the main series but I liked it just fine - the main story, at least.

The back-up was ok but obviously just a set-up for Spider-geddon #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    To not kill them?

Obviously they have not thought things out terribly well but they have to keep the Inheritors contained but yet don't want to out right murder them.

It's kind of a moral pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Probably not absolutely essential to understanding the main series but I liked it just fine - the main story, at least.

The back-up was ok but obviously just a set-up for Spider-geddon #1.

To not kill them?

Obviously they have not thought things out terribly well but they have to keep the Inheritors contained but yet don't want to out right murder them.

It's kind of a moral pickle.
    Yeah, pretty sure this was explained.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure this was explained.
    Yes, I only mentioned it because someone asked what the point of keeping them alive was.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I mean, if the Spiders aren't keeping the Inheritors fed, they pretty much ARE killing them...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

I do have on question for folks here. How many of you have not played (or at least have not yet played) the PS4 Spider-Man game that this comic was a continuation of? Did you have any questions about the story or anything like that?

(For the record: While it does contain some big spoilers for the game, it does not spoil everything.)