Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Is it time for Kitty to step down? Jean needs to slap some sense into Storm. Ala Cher: “snap out of it!” Storm needs to be the leader of the X-men and Jean the overall headmistress.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Is it time for Kitty to step down? Jean needs to slap some sense into Storm. Ala Cher: “snap out of it!” Storm needs to be the leader of the X-men and Jean the overall headmistress.
    maybe the X-Men do not need a single leader but a collective...Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler should take over.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I though the ending was nice, although I'd like to know what actually HAPPENED to that kid.
    Brain damage.

Mighty Member

I give the Morrison run a ton of crap, but at least something new was made in that run. Sure, I might not agree with that run's creative choices, but at least it was new.

Guggenheim has taken every single X-Men cliche and some comic cliches and didn't do anything new with them. They were played completely straight. While in a medium with no continuity, this may be acceptable, but with the X-Men who have been active since the 1980s in universe, it's not. It just reinforces that no matter how many people they save, how many lives they lost, how much time they spent, they're still playing the song and dance of being hated and feared KKK style.

It's not just Guggenheim that does this, but every single writer who wants to reclaim the Claremont days while not caring what makes them great.

Of all the things that happened in this run, I find it simply unmemorable. Kitty was annoying, Storm and Rachel were boring, and everyone else was just there to me. It's not like the Austen run which kept me wondering what stupid thing he'd do next after Holy War and The Draco or even America Chavez's solo. It's just boring.

I could build a more stimulating premise than this:
    • The X-Men are chasing down runaways from all over America and bring them to Xavier's School and actually teach them
    • The X-Men see mutant plight all over the world through Cerebro and use their influence and resources to create Mutant Academies all over the world
    • The X-Men find a universe where mutants and humans are accepted

And I came with this idea from proofreading someone's speech.

Press s to spit on comic grave
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-19-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Brain damage.
    Yeah, but is he dead? They're operating on him, and the series is over.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Brain damage.
    The op asked what happened to the kid, not to the readers!

Urgh. I'm tired of omega levels popping up everywhere. Hopefully it stays dead.

Urgh, can't wait till the next relaunch.

Wow that was a GOOD issue. The best one of Gold. I cant beleive it.

Am I the only one that didnt mind Kitty ordering Rachel to mind control the doc? It showed that she's not perfect but human just like everyone else with flaws

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Jean was able to stop a bomb from blowing Scott up during OZT. Rachel could've held him together long enough to get help, but that's not the way Gug thinks and this is what we got. It sounds like one of the two episodes of Charlie's Angels where Kelly got shot in the head and they did a "recap" episode.
    No she couldnt. The guy doesnt have a bomb in him like Scott. He was the bomb and it mentioned that Rachel couldnt use her TP on him.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-19-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Fantastic Member

From a narrative standpoint, I'm not sure what was the point of Kitty ordering Rachel to force the doctor to operate and then just ending a page later. Weird choice.

Other than that, I get what was being attempted (the arc of x-men winning back trust yada yada), but it was a little clunky in its telling. I'm not going to hate on Guggs because I've gladly paid for and read far worse, but I'm not sure I want him on X-books anymore. I do wish him well.

Pere Perez is a goddamn star. Someone get him another mini so I can enjoy his trippy double-splash pages again. Uncanny #4 and #8 aren't enough.

Anyhow, goodbye Gold!

Oh my god. I just actually read it. It's even worse than it sounds in summary. It's over. Good riddance.

I like to imagine Gambit and Rogue looked at this book, and were "Nah, we are good being well-written in our duo book that still has more impact and connection to overall X-lore."

I will hate-read this later.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I like to imagine Gambit and Rogue looked at this book, and were "Nah, we are good being well-written in our duo book that still has more impact and connection to overall X-lore."

I will hate-read this later.
    This is a great assessment, indeed.

I understand what Guggs was going for, but to end a run on a cliffhanger of a story we've seen before? Yeah, no sell.

I can't believe he claims to genuinely love Rachel but manages to make her effectively useless before even actually engaging in a fight. It's almost insulting to the character (compared to other things he did with her that actually were insulting.)

In general, I think Guggs was as relieved as many of us that his run ended. Now please, lets have a likeable version of Kitty again, X-Office!

This was a very weird story idea for a final issue. Just weak issue overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This was a very weird story idea for a final issue. Just weak issue overall.
    At least with that weakness it fits in well with the rest of the run.

Astonishing Member

I feel like with bunn, this wasn't what he wanted to write, I think this was forced on him but unlike blue where bunn said I just want to get it over with Guggs said screw it and didn't try.