Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Pretty disappointing as an issue, nothing really happened, ended on a cliffhanger, Kitty was the only one coming up with ideas and even demanded Rachel to make the doctor do something against his will.

I don't understand Gugg's opinion of them not being superheroes, first Storm tells her parents this now a woman decides that they're not like the great Avengers so she just..pities them?

BANNED

This issue was a bit disappointing.

1. The group image at the end which featured most of the key characters except for Amara, Gambit and Rogue. Why the heck include Ink and Armor instead of those three?

2. Gugg's love letter to Chris Claremont

Dislikes:

1. Why didn't Kitty request Iceman and Pyrostar to join in the fight when they were just in the danger room. Aren't they short of two members?

2. The new Mutant's life was not resolved at the end. Who is going to pick this up? Why leave all these cliff-hangers at the end of series?

3. Art and story was just little bit below average.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 09-19-2018 at 09:44 AM.

HAH! enjoy character limbo, Ink.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But she's not that damn powerful. Despite getting a "power upgrade", we've seen that Rachel is in fact weaker than she has been before this run.

Besides let's say he flares up again and Rachel was able to contain all that energy around him from being released. How is a healer supposed to get close enough to touch him without being incinerated themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    This would be amazing, they deserve to get some damage control done soon.

I just find it ludicrous that Rachel couldn't restrain the kid with either tP or TK while he's unconscious from a bullet wound. That was just lazy from Guggs, it'd have been better to just let Rachel be unconscious for the the entire issue.
    Rachel is just a punching bag in this book, and well honestly by the whole X-Office. She could have taken care of the whole situation by herself had she been allowed to (by the writer) a la extracting the required medical expertise from the surgeon and doing it herself using TK. In addition to using her TK to remove the bullet and keep his brain and skull intact until help arrived. But the writer chose to have her removed from the fight, once again, to make the "threat" viable(?) while making her look like she can't even handle herself on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I this the same Rachel who after getting stabbed in the heart by Wolverine...managed to keep herself from bleeding to death with her TK all the while running away from the X-Men?
    Nope. I think that Rachel is imprisoned, watching everything unfold with Mojo crying at her Rachel-bot get knocked out every issue....

In all seriousness yes, but clearly she has evolved in her use of powers beyond that, according to this book.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Glad this book is over, and we can pick up the pieces and move on - together.

Also, lawyers shouldn't write X-Books.

Ugh. The journey was long and we were beaten down into the ground but my chickens have WORKED
    IMG_20180919_124900.jpg
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Ugh. The journey was long and we were beaten down into the ground but my chickens have WORKED
    Maybe you were beaten. I was reading Blue.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed the issue apart from the usual horrible Kitty-centric moments. The art was enjoyable, especially Kirby Krackle Kid. Rest in peace, Kirby Krackle Kid and X-Men Gold.
    xgbyebye.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Maybe you were beaten. I was reading Blue.
    I'm sorry for your loss......of money.

Maybe I'm just being generous because this nightmare is finally over, but I think this was one of Gugg's better efforts. He actually kinda tried here. He kinda cleaned up his messes with Kurt/Rachel, Kitty/Piotr, and that bit at the end with the doctor reflecting on their earlier mission was a nice touch. Like I said, this was a waste of 36 issues, but for Guggs, this issue wasn't horrible.

Thank the Goddess this is finally over. Marvel, please don't do this again....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Maybe I'm just being generous because this nightmare is finally over, but I think this was one of Gugg's better efforts. He actually kinda tried here. He kinda cleaned up his messes with Kurt/Rachel, Kitty/Piotr, and that bit at the end with the doctor reflecting on their earlier mission was a nice touch. Like I said, this was a waste of 36 issues, but for Guggs, this issue wasn't horrible.

Thank the Goddess this is finally over. Marvel, please don't do this again....
    Can you even say that last bit with a straight face? With Marvel it’s never a question of if they’ll do it again, only when

I know I'm in the minority but I really liked this last issue. I thought it got to the heart of what the X-Men are about, trying to overcome people's prejudice of mutants. And it was handled realistically in that the team succeeded in changing the opinion of some people but not everyone. And that even the bigots aren't reacting out of simple blind hatred, that they might even have valid reasons for concern, but it's their responses to that concern that are wrong. The cliffhanger ending was perfect, drove home the fact that there are no easy answers. If he had survived, it would have been cliched and even a bit cheesy while his death would have been too much of a downer. Instead it finished on a bittersweet note that was still hopeful. Gugg's has his problems for sure but his writing here was great and the artwork by Perez and Ramos was AWESOME.

And can't remember whether it was here or in the preview discussion but it's something that really got on my nerves. Someone claimed that the way Kitty's drawn, the design created by Syaf, is anti-Semitic basically because Kitty has short hair and they think it makes her look ugly. Yes, Syaf is an anti-Semite but that doesn't automatically make his design for Kitty anti-Semitic. Personally, I LOVE Kitty's look and I hope they keep it going forward. And I'm saying this as a Jewish woman who just coincidentally also has short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by brainy1313 View Post
    And can't remember whether it was here or in the preview discussion but it's something that really got on my nerves. Someone claimed that the way Kitty's drawn, the design created by Syaf, is anti-Semitic basically because Kitty has short hair and they think it makes her look ugly. Yes, Syaf is an anti-Semite but that doesn't automatically make his design for Kitty anti-Semitic. Personally, I LOVE Kitty's look and I hope they keep it going forward. And I'm saying this as a Jewish woman who just coincidentally also has short hair.
    She's back to her classic look with long hair as of MMX #6, but that may just be the cover

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    1. The group image at the end which featured most of the key characters except for Amara, Gambit and Rogue. Why the heck include Ink and Armor instead of those three?
    Because Ink will literally never appear again. Let him have his moment.

Well, alright. Not the way I would have ended the series

I guess it's on par with what's been written for the last couple of years. An underwhelming series that had a couple of bright spots but will soon be forgotten.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.